BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs Blackburn Rovers

it was deserved. 2-2, the ref gave you that dodgy penalty which changed the game. we changed from 3 to 2 in the middle and losing our control of the centre, could have been a different game if the ref had not done that. I will take a point on this occasion though. Onwards and upwards for the Town.

Condescending in the Jordan Rhodes thread and even more after a 94th minute equaliser. We shall now bow down to our Huddersfield Town overlords as we had no chance of buying Jordan Rhodes from a 'divisional rival.'

Rosado sounds like he did a 'Matt Derbyshire against Man City 2008' by trying to impress with a goal rather than wasting time. Last attack as well. Avoidable. Would have taken a point at 1-0 down though.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the commentary it sounded like Rosado was trying to score another goal when a more experienced player would look to just keep possession by passing it around or taking it into the corner.

Oh well, a point away at the team in 7th.....a win against Birmingham on Saturday will make it a lot better.

Sounded like we played better so onwards and upwards.

I remember Derbyshire making a similar mistake against Man City at Ewood during Big Sam's reign. I don't think he ever kicked a ball for the first team again ! Are you reading this Rosado ?

Really heartening to see the positive reaction to the 94th minute heartbreaking hammer blow. I agree with all the sensible, mature, considered views but I am totally devastated at our inability to ensure we held onto the ball with 15 seconds to go. Any professional would (should)have the ability to retain possession of the ball, Rosado was under no pressure but tried something clever. Right at this moment that totally p****s me off, I'm spectacularly devastated at his lack of professionalism. I may regret singling out the young lad in the morning but right now it hurts like hell.

Good performance, well played Rovers, plenty of reasons for optimism under Henning...............................but sick to my stomach.

Happy days.

I remember Derbyshire making a similar mistake against Man City at Ewood during Big Sam's reign. I don't think he ever kicked a ball for the first team again ! Are you reading this Rosado ?

Yea same, was mentioned a few posts back....that was even worse than tonight....Robinho and Sturridge?? scored 2 from the 88th minute onwards....horrible.

Not long after they scored tonight I was like, "well in fairness we just did it to Watford the other day".....but then I remembered the Derby game.

As fitness improves we should hopefully stop conceding so many late goals.

Fortunately Cardiff, Leicester, erm Huddersfield, Forest and Boro failed to win tonight.

Brighton, Derby, Blackpool, Hull and Palace won but it could have been much worse.

Atm, I'm worried about Leicester, Palace and Cardiff and the furthest of them away is Palace, 6 points clear off us.....that's not much at all with 31 games to go.

We rode our luck at times under Kean but we were still around the play-offs.....promotion with Berg can be done, just like it could have been done under Kean.

A crucial element of any sport at top level is the ability to make the correct decisions at speed. We seem to be singularly lacking in this respect. Any pro player should be aware that it's essential to keep possession in the last seconds of the game, to just give the ball away is unforgivable. Having said that I understand the ball was given away at the Home team end, what happened to the rest of the Rovers team that such a mistake led to a goal !

Yea same, was mentioned a few posts back....that was even worse than tonight....Robinho and Sturridge?? scored 2 from the 88th minute onwards....horrible.

Not long after they scored tonight I was like, "well in fairness we just did it to Watford the other day".....but then I remembered the Derby game.

As fitness improves we should hopefully stop conceding so many late goals.

Fortunately Cardiff, Leicester, erm Huddersfield, Forest and Boro failed to win tonight.

Brighton, Derby, Blackpool, Hull and Palace won but it could have been much worse.

Atm, I'm worried about Leicester, Palace and Cardiff and the furthest of them away is Palace, 6 points clear off us.....that's not much at all with 31 games to go.

We rode our luck at times under Kean but we were still around the play-offs.....promotion with Berg can be done, just like it could have been done under Kean.

You cant come on here with that kind of sensible talk!! how dare you!

Venkys out! Berg Out! Singh Out! Rosado Out!!

(im only joking before i get a rollicking)

Really heartening to see the positive reaction to the 94th minute heartbreaking hammer blow. I agree with all the sensible, mature, considered views but I am totally devastated at our inability to ensure we held onto the ball with 15 seconds to go. Any professional would (should)have the ability to retain possession of the ball, Rosado was under no pressure but tried something clever. Right at this moment that totally p****s me off, I'm spectacularly devastated at his lack of professionalism. I may regret singling out the young lad in the morning but right now it hurts like hell.

Good performance, well played Rovers, plenty of reasons for optimism under Henning...............................but sick to my stomach.

Happy days.

Excellent post.

Hopefully young Rosado is going to get the rollicking of his fledgling career from Berg and he'll learn from this.

Plenty to be optimistic about from tonight going off the reports. Somehow I couldn't have seen us almost beating Huddersfield away from home under Kean. Plus this is only Berg's second game. You can't judge any manager's impact on a team after just two games.

Plenty to be optimistic about from tonight going off the reports. Somehow I couldn't have seen us almost beating Huddersfield away from home under Kean. Plus this is only Berg's second game. You can't judge any manager's impact on a team after just two games.

You certainly can't. Especially after 18 months of ineptitude. It will take quite a while to learn how to be winners again.

Positive signs though. A good performance and result on Saturday and Ewood will be rocking. Something a lot of the players might have never have experienced.

Theres nothing to be positive about until some fresh faces come into the team.

Yes there is. I no longer hate the manager and he has been replaced by someone who "gets it".

That's a reason to be positive

One small step in the right direction Bucky there has to be many more if we are to succeed at this level.

Huddersfield have just had 8m and one point off us this season, for me, thats not good enough.

Who missed the header from the cross that led to their second goal as he wants dropping completely if we have any standards left.

• Backroom

Theres nothing to be positive about until some fresh faces come into the team.

Apart from playing well, looking organised, the introduction of players who have stepped up to the mark etc? Oh and a point away from home, which is what we deserved at the very least. And Berg instructing his players at every chance, getting his teeth into the game.

Yeah, after 2 years of dogshit, there's NOTHING to be positive about today :rolleyes:

Apart from playing well, looking organised, the introduction of players who have stepped up to the mark etc? Oh and a point away from home, which is what we deserved at the very least. And Berg instructing his players at every chance, getting his teeth into the game.

Yeah, after 2 years of dogshit, there's NOTHING to be positive about today :rolleyes:

Also...I get the feeling Berg has a good idea about the sort of team he wants to put out. The chopping and changing every week in Kean's reign drove me crazy.

Seems like he fancies Henley and Olsson in the full back positions. Both are good examples of the modern full back, which gives me hope about the way Berg intends to set the team up. If we can get Dann and Givet settled alongside them I think we'll have a solid foundation.

One small step in the right direction Bucky there has to be many more if we are to succeed at this level.

Huddersfield have just had 8m and one point off us this season, for me, thats not good enough.

Who missed the header from the cross that led to their second goal as he wants dropping completely if we have any standards left.

Things will start picking up when you shut up. It sounded like a good team performance with some good individual performances as well. This sounded like the best we've played and for once we've been unlucky rather than lucky. I'll take a good performance on reflection.

Also...I get the feeling Berg has a good idea about the sort of team he wants to put out. The chopping and changing every week in Kean's reign drove me crazy.

Seems like he fancies Henley and Olsson in the full back positions. Both are good examples of the modern full back, which gives me hope about the way Berg intends to set the team up. If we can get Dann and Givet settled alongside them I think we'll have a solid foundation.

We need drivers in the centre of that midfield, with wingers right side aswell as left, and TWO not one potent strikers

Archived