BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Away Support

Neal

Was wondering what our figures have been like away from home this season. Obviously, there was a big emphasis on attending away games under Kean but someone has just said we're the worst away supported team after Yeovil?

Anyone know the facts?

Was wondering what our figures have been like away from home this season. Obviously, there was a big emphasis on attending away games under Kean but someone has just said we're the worst away supported team after Yeovil?

Anyone know the facts?

If it was a mouthy Dingle who said it tell him he might want to check his own clubs figures first !

Rovers approx

Ipswich --- 1,100

Bristol ---- 1,200

Leeds ---- 1,500

Charlton ---- 1,200

Forest ---- 1,200

Derby ----- 1,500

Not massive but not bad either.

If it was a mouthy Dingle who said it tell him he might want to check his own clubs figures first !

Rovers approx

Ipswich --- 1,100

Bristol ---- 1,200

Leeds ---- 1,500

Charlton ---- 1,200

Forest ---- 1,200

Derby ----- 1,500

Thanks for that.

Eh?

Are we buggery. A 1000 plus fans at every away game?

There must be dozens of league clubs taking less than that each week.

Exactly my thoughts. Thought ours has been pretty impressive this season.

The average away following last year in the championship was just under 1400. So from my reckoning we are just under that. For me this is decent, becasue of the ongoing at the club. However what narks me is that thousands said "away games for me now, will be going plenty, not going home games though" - question is where have all these people gone? All mouth

Rovers approx

Ipswich --- 1,100

Bristol ---- 1,200

Leeds ---- 1,500

Charlton ---- 1,200

Forest ---- 1,200

Derby ----- 1,500

I agree with the figures above. These are far better than we were getting away in the Premiership, indeed these must have dropped to about 250 on occasions last season.

We have resonable away attendances compared to many. I expect the only local lower division club to beat us are PNE.

According to Huddersfield's website Burnley took 3016 earlier this season

On a Saturday afternoon !. No doubt we'd have taken 3k on a Sat. Not far but a ball ache negotiating evening traffic on the M62. We took over three thousand last time in this division on a rough Sat afternoon around this time of year. I think the Hudders game to Burnley is like Wigan to us in the Prem i.e the big p### up day out :)

Good support so far from from us, the dingle/bpool games should see our average increase nicely.

To be fair though i think our followings would get to the level of the dingles should we stay in this league for more than a couple of seasons.

I don't think thats accurate, burnley are by far the biggest and best supported club in the Championship and I can't believe this either:

Sat Afternoon Sheff Wed 3-2 Millwall Att 24,752 Aways 1,762

I don't think thats accurate, burnley are by far the biggest and best supported club in the Championship and I can't believe this either:

Sat Afternoon Sheff Wed 3-2 Millwall Att 24,752 Aways 1,762

I cant see Millwall taking 1762 to Wednedsday either Gav! Our away support has been good this year in my opinion, we have had two years of amazing frustration and annoyance and there is now a lot of hard work to be done before our fans forgive and forget.

Even before I saw those figures, its been quoted on here that we're talking over 1000 away to most games which is fantastic considering whats gone on.

Half tempted to go to Peterborough on Saturday, standing up and all that :tu:

Archived