SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PROBIZ

ada2020

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, very strange arrangement.

Feels like a bit of desperation creeping in.

What did Singh say “The reason we have not got a sponsor still is we will not allow people to insult us with what they are offering us,” he said. “People think they can get us for peanuts but there is a price. It is not about the money, it is about what the club and the town is worth. “I would rather keep the pride of the club and the town than sell for peanuts.”

IMO, short term deals only erode your brand value and this suggests that there isn't too much equity left in the Rovers' brand.

“The reason we have not got a sponsor still is we will not allow people to insult us with what they are offering us,” he said. “People think they can get us for peanuts but there is a price. It is not about the money, it is about what the club and the town is worth. “I would rather keep the pride of the club and the town than sell for peanuts.”

In that case why didn't they take the decent offer that came their way, and instead try to hold out for silly money?

Answer: They haven't the first clue how to run a football club.

here we go again looking for issues. Everytime something happens, we look for negatives in it, or if there is some sort of conspiracy theory.

Think we would have all liked a deal for a minimum of 1 year with a sponsor that would also 'add value' to Rovers through association. Unfortunately, I think the problem is that there is a very, very short, queue at the door. These are the commercial realities faced if your brand is tarnished.

Does anyone else think it's a bit suspicious that their business is wealth management and they're mostly involved in professional sport?

To me, it doesn't make sense that they're sponsoring us. A club in turmoil and not floundering in the Championship. What do they gain?

Lots of noises that the owner is born in Blackburn and supporting his hometown club. But visit the Probiz website and listen to him taking in his video – doesn't sound like a local and no evidence on t'internet to back up his claims.

Yep, call me a conspiracy theorist, but it makes about as much sense as Steve Kean holding on to his job for two years.

We have given it away for free?

It wasn't meant literally!

Its just seems like they another pathetic attempt to build bridges with fans by as good as giving the sponsorship deals to companies with owners that claim to be massive Blackburn fans, when all we really want is for the club to be run in a processional business like manner, without the owners letting the hypocritical pride get in the way(when they cant even be arsed coming to Games).

here we go again looking for issues. Everytime something happens, we look for negatives in it, or if there is some sort of conspiracy theory.

With Venky's in charge you don't need to actively look for negatives, it's just a constant glowing urine coloured stream of wrong that unless you stick your head completely in the sand, you can't ignore.

Seems to be investing heavily in rugby but this is interesting about Featherstone Rovers http://www.code13rug...r-super-league/ and previously in Castleford from their forums which he posts on apparently http://www.casforum....php?f=3&t=19149

Going to be interesting to see how this one pans out after a quick google search of the guys name, amongst other things arranging Stadium renaming's etc. With fingers in a lot of pies perhaps the club should employ him and get rid of Agnew, Shaw, Singh and the silent one as the first saving.

Nice to see the company are official partners of the Profesional Kean fan club the League Managers Association, but one sponsor is better than none

Not that its news but I'm pretty sure they sponsored Hampshire CCC for a few years. Usually the sponsors for the english counties is not a major 'brand' bar the odd exception (Durham with Emirates etc). Most likely they'll be doing something for us in return for a bit of advertising.

• Backroom

Not that its news but I'm pretty sure they sponsored Hampshire CCC for a few years. Usually the sponsors for the english counties is not a major 'brand' bar the odd exception (Durham with Emirates etc). Most likely they'll be doing something for us in return for a bit of advertising.

That's alright tbh, 2 birds one stone! Might be getting the service of their company (financial advice, ironically) as payment for the sponsorship rather than actual cash? Or bit of both?

Archived