BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 92 Tracker

What a good idea to put this on, thanks Admin.

I filled in my grounds and went back to check and then realised I had missed off Burnley, I hope to add Brighton ( V Rovers) and Chesterfield (via a Chesterfield mate) this season.

What would be nice, but probably difficult to assemble, is a list of those teams and grounds visited who are now out of the 4 football leagues.

For example some I have visited with Rovers are: Workington; Barrow; Mansfield; Southport; Grimsby; Halifax; and Hereford. I will have to look back in Mike Jackman's book for others. I have also been to Darlington for non Rovers games on a number of occasions.

Are there any posters who can add to the above list of now non league grounds while following the Rovers?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And of course the mighty 'shots' Aldershot.

They are back in the League: League 2. I went to see Rovers win there and it was, I recall, 2v0 to us. They had a couple of large trees in the ground at one end!

Chester city. Are wrexham out of league now?

Yes, I have done both of those as well watching the Rovers. Thanks.

I should have Wrexham, even though we never got there as my dads car siezed up on the motorway en route! Must have been late 70's or early 80's.

I loved away games, always had scarf out of window, our 'Rally round the Rovers' sticker in rear window. Thumbs up to other Rovers fans we saw. Always had a nervous feeling due to the fact you never knew if we'd make it back to the car without being identified as 'the enemy'!

My dad had an annoying habit of trying to time our arrival to the minute, This usually meant we missed the kick off, in fact we got to Cambridge once at half time!

I should have Wrexham, even though we never got there as my dads car siezed up on the motorway en route! Must have been late 70's or early 80's.

I loved away games, always had scarf out of window, our 'Rally round the Rovers' sticker in rear window. Thumbs up to other Rovers fans we saw. Always had a nervous feeling due to the fact you never knew if we'd make it back to the car without being identified as 'the enemy'!

My dad had an annoying habit of trying to time our arrival to the minute, This usually meant we missed the kick off, in fact we got to Cambridge once at half time!

We once made cambridge just before half time. Drove down for Cambridge vs rovers before the days of Internet route planner and certainly sat navs. Arrived just before ko as was the norm when trying to find these places without maps! Saw the ground so parked up thought it was very quite so must be a low attendance turns out we'd found Cambridge city's ground instead of Cambridge united.

What's worse the same guy having never heard the end of it for years after drove us to morcambe for a friendly and he swore blind he knew exactly where the ground was. Couldn't see anything except a sainsburys or something mainly because he was looking for christie park when had moved to globe arena.

Tend to get the train these days!

Great bit of fun, reminiscing brings back many great memories.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the number of grounds I've been to watching Rovers that are now no longer league clubs. Quick list:

Grimsby, Wrexham, Mansfield, Luton, Hereford, Lincoln, Stockport, Chester, Halifax, Southport, Wimbledon. (Plough Lane)

None League in FA Cup: Altrincham, Workington, Kidderminster Harriers (seem to recall some fun with Wolves fans that day, their game was postponed), Willington (I think we drew and replay was midweek in the afternoon because there were no floodlights due to power cuts, so had to play in daylight. Who else bunked off school that afternoon?)

What a good idea to put this on, thanks Admin.

I filled in my grounds and went back to check and then realised I had missed off Burnley, I hope to add Brighton ( V Rovers) and Chesterfield (via a Chesterfield mate) this season.

What would be nice, but probably difficult to assemble, is a list of those teams and grounds visited who are now out of the 4 football leagues.

For example some I have visited with Rovers are: Workington; Barrow; Mansfield; Southport; Grimsby; Halifax; and Hereford. I will have to look back in Mike Jackman's book for others. I have also been to Darlington for non Rovers games on a number of occasions.

Are there any posters who can add to the above list of now non league grounds while following the Rovers?

Altrincham FA Cup Replay!! but we won 2-0

Archived