BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 92 Tracker

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was all Biddys idea and 99% his work (I just inelegantly crowbarred it into the forums and hacked it so you could see other people).

Is it on the mobile skin or not? Struggling to find it.

Nope. Stick that on my todo list (genuinely, or I'll forget)

It's a real sh1tter sat in 35 degrees watching the snow on tv!

The music venue at Lancs Poly? Poor TV reception there I take it ? ;)

PB - you done Stockport? Now non-league but it's not that long ago we played em in the same division we're in now. Think Hereford are back in the league these days aren't they?

Neil, yes many times. Thanks, it is an age thing!

Done em all innit

Special badge for you jonv!

I am also somewhat jealous.....well done!

What about FA Cup non-league teams and grounds?

Blyth, Willington and Matlock come to mind. anyone remember the cricket pavillion at Matlock.....there was a river of kean flowing from behind.

You are obviously older than I had you down for! What about Welling United back in '89 when 'pocket sized' Ronnie Hildersley put the only goal of the game in front of the packed open terrace of Rovers fans ... great days under Don Mackay .... little did we realise what was just around the corner.

You are obviously older than I had you down for! What about Welling United back in '89 when 'pocket sized' Ronnie Hildersley put the only goal of the game in front of the packed open terrace of Rovers fans ... great days under Don Mackay .... little did we realise what was just around the corner.

Now now you cheeky Spark. I have worn well!

I did not do Welling, it was a National Front hotbed from memory.

Wow, Eastville brings back memories when we went down and filled the banking, no roof, and fooking Swansea beat PNE, hence the chant, as we were passing each other up and down M5M6. Me mates dad got us back in Clitty by 7.30! Well depressed :-(

I remember our coach stopping at Hilton Park services on the way back. The bridge had been closed to keep the two sets of fans separated. So what happened? .... A group of Rovers ran across all six lanes of the M6 to get at the Swansea fans. Mad ... bad ... days.

Great bit of fun, reminiscing brings back many great memories.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the number of grounds I've been to watching Rovers that are now no longer league clubs. Quick list:

Grimsby, Wrexham, Mansfield, Luton, Hereford, Lincoln, Stockport, Chester, Halifax, Southport, Wimbledon. (Plough Lane)

None League in FA Cup: Altrincham, Workington, Kidderminster Harriers (seem to recall some fun with Wolves fans that day, their game was postponed), Willington (I think we drew and replay was midweek in the afternoon because there were no floodlights due to power cuts, so had to play in daylight. Who else bunked off school that afternoon?)

Yep - me too! seem to think it finished up 5-1 - happy days

PB....Abbey Stadium Cambridge, they are non league now. Remember going there for a night match and the fog was terrible.

Bloody hell remember that Cambridge game, snow and ice as well as fog as I remember , took us over 6 hours to get there in car, arrived near the ground at half time to be met by Cambridge supporters telling us it had been called off, hell of a horrendous journey back with visibility down to about 3 foot

Now now you cheeky Spark. I have worn well!

I did not do Welling, it was a National Front hotbed from memory.

Besides NF was full of Charlton supporters and kicked off afterwards in the park that the ground was in.

Wow, Eastville brings back memories when we went down and filled the banking, no roof, and fooking Swansea beat PNE, hence the chant, as we were passing each other up and down M5M6. Me mates dad got us back in Clitty by 7.30! Well depressed :-([/quote

I remember going to this in my mates Austin Allegro. Howard Kendalls last game in charge wasn't it?

Wow, Eastville brings back memories when we went down and filled the banking, no roof, and fooking Swansea beat PNE, hence the chant, as we were passing each other up and down M5M6. Me mates dad got us back in Clitty by 7.30! Well depressed :-(

Before that remember being at the Eastville when a certain Booby Gould scored a hat trick in four one drubbing down there.

Austin Allegro! Down hill down south, back up north, no chance!!!!

Ha ha!!

We 'mistakenly' took a tank full of petrol from the services without paying and when he got home to Great Eccleston the coppers had been round to his house. His Mum had to pay for the juice!

Sweet memories!

Archived