BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hindsight

Re reading that thread and particularly some of the replies to Bob's pessimism confirms just how bloody gullible and stupid some of our members can be. Especially those that had swallowed the book at some University or other . :glare: Unfortunately even now I doubt many lessons have been learned.

Re reading that thread and particularly some of the replies to Bob's pessimism confirms just how bloody gullible and stupid some of our members can be. Especially those that had swallowed the book at some University or other . :glare: Unfortunately even now I doubt many lessons have been learned.

'You have exactly as much idea of what will happen in the future for BRFC as Bob.... or indeed anybody else.'

Wise words Drog.

Just goes to show how depressed people were about the withdrawal of funding by The Trust. The hope that people had is so sad to read.

The link to the mail story about Alan Sugar's foreboding views and the shopping list Big Sam had to strengthen the squad, which included this gem:

"New chairman Anuradha J Desai said: We will respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn remains one of the best-run clubs within the Premier League.'"

Although 'actively supporting the organisation' is an odd turn of phrase given the rumour and speculation since. Almost suggests they were part of a larger group.

What a bunch of keans. :angry:

Interesting look back.

I was wrong- I gave Venky's a chance and I posted that I was convinced at that time the money had come from their own resources.

Certainly the statements made at the time of the purchase by Mrs D have turned out to be massively misreading and inaccurate.

Philipl, you might not want to say it, but I will.....

Apropos Mrs D's statement

"It was a lie".

Failed at every statement/appointment/decision they have attempted.

I was pepared to give them an opportunity, but....

Go back to plucking chickens will you. Leave the football to us, to people that know the game, such as the ones you sacked early in your tenure.

I hope you read these forums, Venkys, for there are many Rovers fans around the world in positions of influence. We might be few, but we do have far reaching influence.

Your name is sinking lower with each passing day.

Interesting look back.

I was wrong- I gave Venky's a chance and I posted that I was convinced at that time the money had come from their own resources.

Certainly the statements made at the time of the purchase by Mrs D have turned out to be massively misreading and inaccurate.

10/10 for admitting it and eating humble pie Philip. There's lots on here who need to do the same for the benefit of their inner self.

Oh btw I was right ............ http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/23788-venkys-takeover-complete/?p=977680

It's an ill wind eh Philip? ^_^

This statement from Vinjay (via Glenn) is bloody priceless!

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/23788-venkys-takeover-complete/?p=977677

And even Sam Dingle ran rings around us for perception.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/23788-venkys-takeover-complete/?p=977645

Bloody funny that thread! The best excuse that I can offer for the mass lack of judgement and clear thinking by so many is that 'love is blind'.

To be fair foreign owners are a mixture and when they took over the club, trying to be positive was not unreasonable given we knew very little about them.

However since their initial statements and their sacking of Sam it was obvious something was up.

Well it's well documented what Dave Whelan thought about it all and lower down the page this chap aired his views....

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/23788-venkys-takeover-complete/?p=977709

No hickabods those two are they? They can smell chancers a mile off. Unfortunately Billy Castell in the post directly beneath hardly covers himself in glory with his comments does he?

To be fair foreign owners are a mixture and when they took over the club, trying to be positive was not unreasonable given we knew very little about them.

However since their initial statements and their sacking of Sam it was obvious something was up.

Rather like Icelandic savings accounts, it was also obvious that their promises were too good to be true.

I've been one of Venky's biggest critics on here since very early into their time in charge.

However I don't think writing them off just because of the country they were from and how they made their money (which is all we knew about them at the time of the thread) can be vindicated just because they happened to have ended up a disaster.

I started having serious doubts when they came out with outlandish statements; and turned against them when they sacked Sam.

• Backroom
I've been one of Venky's biggest critics on here since very early into their time in charge.

However I don't think writing them off just because of the country they were from and how they made their money (which is all we knew about them at the time of the thread) can be vindicated just because they happened to have ended up a disaster.

I started having serious doubts when they came out with outlandish statements; and turned against them when they sacked Sam.

Didn't you deny being a re registered account? :P

I have a great pal who is a lifelong Geordie fan. His quote -

" There's no better sight, than hindsight."

I remember being sat in The Prince of Wales pub in Chorley with 1864 Roverite when the news of Venkys takeover broke.

I distinctly remember the scepticism of thier motives. Why Rovers? What's thier motivation? Can it be good for us?

You have to give people a chance.

It soon became clear though this group were exceptionally ignorant to the running of a football club. That especially to the capacity/expectations & realism of Blackburn Rovers.

Hindsight - I just wish Venkys had the benifit back then.

Surely they wouldn't be so stupid??

"Bob" comments were not Hindsight they were Foresight.

He has not made an input to BRFCS since August 2012....is this another loss to the Rovers and BRFCS.

And reading the thread there are other great posters who have been battered by the keyboard warriors

eg RoversMum and that favourite weather forecaster Hughesy. Maybe the optimists have all slinked away.

"Bob" comments were not Hindsight they were Foresight.

And reading the thread there are other great posters who have been battered by the keyboard warriors

eg RoversMum and that favourite weather forecaster Hughesy. Maybe the optimists have all slinked away.

Indeed so. A much much rarer and precious commodity.

btw Like Arnie....... 'they'll be back'.

Archived