BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great day for football.

For those of you, and there are plenty, who don't know what life was like before 'uncle' Jack, you're about to find out. If you're lucky.

I remember those days before uncle Jack and we still spanked your lot then Sam. :D

Every minute of every day is a great day to be Blackburn, whenever the pitiful name of Burnley is ever mentioned.

Blackburn Rovers... Lancashire's greatest football club ever.

Most idiotic comment of the day:

Ashley Smith (Chelsea fan) says...

I work for a credit refrancing agency, VENKYS LONDON LIMITED only established 13/10/2010 with no financial information behind them, or ven group Structure, their an Indian directorship, with not alot of investment! Hope they dont ruin Blackburn, but the signs ain't good. who are these owners?

LOL, didn't Iceman get banned for saying the 19th and low and behold the man hit the nail on the head.

Was he banned for saying that? Seems very harsh despite judgement on here ferquently being a touch haphazard. I'd imagine he is due an apology.

Why is this idiotic? He is concerned over a fellow football club, which is about to enter a different chapter. He seems more concerned than some fellow Rovers fans.

Sorry this was in reply to BPF

I'm assuming he thinks it's idotic because as it's a brand new company set up it wouldn't have a financial footprint?

(said as a non financial person!)

Was he banned for saying that? Seems very harsh despite judgement on here ferquently being a touch haphazard. I'd imagine he is due an apology.

According to Glenn in an earlier post, Iceman's ban was not for what he said but for how he said it.

I don't really know what to say about this news. Sad as it sounds, Rovers have been the one thing in my life that has stayed with me since I was a little kid. From 1980 ish until Jack Walker days, it was a great laugh, never really expected us to win anything, just a little town team with a crumbling old ground, much the same as most teams around here. Then Jack did what he did, and it was wondeful and enjoeed nearly every minute of it, good times and bad.

But all my living memories have Rovers printed in them, and my overriding feeling at todays announcement is of real sadness-a feeling that the party is over.

I feel a little sadness that the Walker era is officially over, but, in reality, its been over for quite a few years. I feel the same way as you do about Rovers, been with me all my life, the one constant.

However i don't expect that to change. As long as we turn out at Ewood in blue and white halves then its all still alive for me. Hopefully even better.

RIP BRFC 19/11/2010

sad

That is nothing more sinister than a banker's draft.

The £46m is coming out of the Rao family's own resources- of that I am convinced.

I'm sooooooooooooo tempted to have a dig here but in the spirit of the times-------welcome aboard Philip!

Without wishing to take this offtopic, I'd don't think we've ever banned anyone for WHAT they've said, only the WAY they've said it.

I beg to differ Glenn. Very timely all the same. I've an ongoing issue with a certain moderator as we speak (not over something that was said but) over something that was written, despite many many instances of the self same thing going completely unpunished and ignored all over the board. No names necessary as yet but if he was a copper he'd be a bent one. :angry:

New owners will sure bring excitement and I guess I dont know how to feel. Its strange letting go that tiny grip of Walker we had for so long after his passing, but in all honesty - he would want whats best for the club and I would think he would have approved of the takeover

As I know some people miss him and this would have been a HUGE day for him on here. Here is a statement from VinJay

19th November 2010 is a day which will hopefully go down as a great day in the history of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

It is an understatement to say the least that a great weight has been listed off my shoulders following todays news. For 5 years (and to some extent since 2003) I have remained resolute in my view that a takeover is the only possible way forward for Blackburn Rovers. In 2007 the club publicly took steps to achieve this by appointing Rothschild something which in retrospect should have been done in 2003. Some people believed there would never be a takeover but time and time again I pushed forward all the positive virtues that Blackburn Rovers has to offer. I would like to thank people such as Exiled In Toronto who supported me on this view. Despite how others may feel I have never once been negative in regards to the potential of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Venky's have demonstrated a willingness to inject new money into the club. Money which next summer it is said will extend beyond the initial 5 million predicted for January. They deserve the opportunity to demonstrate this will be the case. It is reasonable that people may be wary of new owners. However people coming up with doomsday scenarios akin to MK Dons is completely over the top and unfair to Venky's.

The club will now be given the opportunity to grow internationally and that opportunity has limitless potential. Blackburn Rovers has been a leading symbol of excellence in English football since the clubs foundation. There is no reason why Blackburn Rovers can not become a leading symbol of excellence in the eyes of all Indian football fans. My immediate suggestion is that when Rovers tour India for the first time would be for a fixture against the Indian national side. If anything can generate mass publicity this would do it. We must not forget regional marketing particularly in relation to different ethnic groups. Blackburn Rovers are the only long term established premier league club in modern day Lancashire. Venky's hopefully will do whatever it takes to make Blackburn Rovers the choice of ALL young football fans across Lancashire. Our fans need to do everything they can to support this hopeful new mentality.

People have spoken of matters such as the renaming of the stadium. Personally I will support any such action as long as it is not renamed something stupid. Ewood will always be Ewood and nothing will change that. If the new owners are to call it Venky's Ewood Park (though that is just an example I don't expect them to rename it after themselves) then that would certainly be the ideal scenario. A new sponsor with the name still remaining officially intact.

As far as the previous owners go (I must say it feels very good to say that) I do not have any parting words for them. Today is a day to rejoice not a day for anger and hatred. I've felt enough anger and hatred over the past 5 years to last a lifetime. I will be happy never to mention them again and I promise you will never see me use the word "takeover" from this point onwards. My conscience is now totally crystal clear and I can walk past Jack's statue a happy young man on Sunday. I'm not going to say everything at this club is perfect but one thing is for sure I will not be putting myself through the stress of the past 5 years again. No matter what the future brings.

There are no guarantees that Venky's will be brilliant owners. At things stand at the moment however they are heroes as far as I'm concerned. There are nothing but positives from them thus far. There may be exciting twists to come over the next few days if certain people on the forums are proved to be correct. Their first full week in charge hopefully will see a win over Aston Villa tomorrow...and even better would be a win over Man United at Old Trafford next weekend.

8th May 1995 has gone down as Victory at Ewood (VE Day) in the history of Blackburn Rovers. If Venky's go down in history as a major success I would like to be the first to proclaim 19th November 2010 as Liberation Day!

Vinjay

I've saved that! I hope I don't have cause to dig it up and use it in the future but I'm certainly not discounting doing so. Vinjay's attitude to the Walkers is even more vindictive and illogical as waggy's attitude toward Sam Allardyce.

OK, i gave up reading the takeover thread months ago, couldn't be bothered sorting through the posts of people bickering with each other.

I've read this thread and notice that a few are unhappy.

Could anybody kindly give me a brief run down of why they are unhappy with this news?

No. You can go back and read it all now. :P

Is the an interview in the LET with the new owners and their plans tomorrow? Also an interview with John Williams?

Also will they be a press conference with them or an interview on the rovers website? also will they be present to the fans before the game on sunday?

Thats a stupid thing to say. You have exactly as much idea of what will happen in the future for BRFC as Bob.... or indeed anybody else.

It's not stupid at all...Bob deserves challenging,his immediate resorting to negativity is churlish and sad.Give the new owners a chance before you stick the boot in,although I'm not surprised you're acting as an apologist for the doom merchants.

A very warm welcome to the Rao family as the new owners of the Rovers. They must have something very special about them to have prevailed in what was such an enormously contested take-over and huge credit to the Walker Trust and family who stuck by their beliefs in the Rao family despite two late counter offers that were far more lucrative to the Walker interest.

It has been a process which has seen numerous twists and turns and there remain many things unwritten and unsaid- most of which I hope stay that way.

My fervent hope is that we can all look forwards in unison as Rovers supporters to an exciting new future.

For the benefit of 'drog and 47er.

Why is this idiotic? He is concerned over a fellow football club, which is about to enter a different chapter. He seems more concerned than some fellow Rovers fans.

Sorry this was in reply to BPF

Hello.

It was idiotic because he was talking about Venky's London being doomed to fail because it had no history. This was in total ignorance to the fact that it had been set up to manage the takeover.

What a ride this has been.

For those of you that have doubted me and others along the way, I can tell you that the twists and turns of this takeover could fill a novel. I've been lucky enough to have spoken with a VH representative in the past few hours and I although I have tried to remain neutral about the takeover, I am now feeling positive and optimistic about the future.

It's not stupid at all...Bob deserves challenging,his immediate resorting to negativity is churlish and sad.Give the new owners a chance before you stick the boot in,although I'm not surprised you're acting as an apologist for the doom merchants.

Why exactly are you not suprised?

Hello.

It was idiotic because he was talking about Venky's London being doomed to fail because it had no history. This was in total ignorance to the fact that it had been set up to manage the takeover.

What a ride this has been.

For those of you that have doubted me and others along the way, I can tell you that the twists and turns of this takeover could fill a novel. I've been lucky enough to have spoken with a VH representative in the past few hours and I although I have tried to remain neutral about the takeover, I am now feeling positive and optimistic about the future.

Good call about the takeover being finalised today. At least, if it was you who said/hinted at it. I can't remember which poster it was in all the confusion.

Archived