BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

Abbey I'm not slagging anyone. Just so you know. I just have a horrible feeling of impending doom about this one and it is actually nothing to do with them being Indian. I get the creeps just seeing that crew, look a bit like gangta's to me heh heh. Here's hoping the club I've followed since boyhood is in good hands.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only see this being bad news in the long term.

I hope I am proved wrong and will be 1st to admit it but I`m talking about where we will be in 5 to 10 years so don`t come gloating if we win the next 5 games.

To be amongst the likes of City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool as a club under foreign ownership is startling. We used to be a local family club.

+1 ,if i could it would be more...amen to to your post brother,i have a niggling nagging feeling about this.

Did anyone see livsey dingle interview the Indian journo on look northwest last night.He asked him about Venkys and the journo more or less said they are not in this for blackburn rover just to make money for themselves..i know it could be he has a grudge or something but it came across like that. The wife commented on it looking bad for us and she actually hates footy.

I was out with a season ticket holder last night and he was of the view we are now a money laundering puppet for venkys.((not my view before my usually "pals " start popping.)

Abbey I'm not slagging anyone. Just so you know. I just have a horrible feeling of impending doom about this one and it is actually nothing to do with them being Indian. I get the creeps just seeing that crew, look a bit like gangta's to me heh heh. Here's hoping the club I've followed since boyhood is in good hands.

hadnt noticed you popping mcm pal, hey have you left Az? just noticed.

Jack only spent what he did because he was a fan and did not expect a return. That is not going to happen again any time soon.

No billionaire is going to waste money on Rovers, if they have that much money the potential with other clubs is much bigger.

How exactly do you think we could have attracted a billionaire playboy to Rovers and what do you think would happen once he got bored?

You're going off at a tangent TG. I'm not arguing that we would have been better off with Syed, rather than Venky's. We don't know about that. All I'm arguing is that there's no sense in the opinion that we're better off with owners who don't have much cash [in footballing terms].

I believe this post was originally by Benisfromheaven?? (Not sure on that though as I copy and pasted to my laptop). It was a post from when Paul Ince was placed in charge which really resonated with me and I feel is very fitting now. A post which captures how some might feel but more importantly an attitude which everyone could do well to adopt. I hope he does not mind me posting this. If so a PM and I shall remove it.

That's a great post and probably a review of that period for lots of our supporters who aren't from Blackburn. If you change 13 year old lad from Dublin, to 8 year old boy from Warrington; that would be me! :rover:

hadnt noticed you popping mcm pal, hey have you left Az? just noticed.

Yes, moved out here to Missouri just over a year ago, livin out in the country on a couple of acres. Believe it or not I got tired of all the sunshine, just got too busy for me and had to get divorced. I am loving it out here though. No neighbors to speak of no traffic, clean air and water from the well. Settling in nicely to the hillbilly lifestyle

True Blue and White, I stated I have optimism, probably my heart leading that, but I also have concern, probably my head due to the unknowns.

I was just trying to express MY feelings towards this, which are to remain impartial for now and see how it goes.

Your point about communication to the fans is a fair one, however the first people you speak to when you take over a business are the staff. You then make public what your plans are.

Yes, moved out here to Missouri just over a year ago, livin out in the country on a couple of acres. Believe it or not I got tired of all the sunshine, just got too busy for me and had to get divorced. I am loving it out here though. No neighbors to speak of no traffic, clean air and water from the well. Settling in nicely to the hillbilly lifestyle

:wacko: tireed of sunshine lol no way.divorced? as in the state or the mrs? if the latter sad to hear.water from the well= MOONSHINE YAY!!

out of all the people who are slagging mcm off for taking a personal stance,how many actually attend games? (not having a pop at anyone just wondering tho?)

A person can have an opinion about Rovers or any club without attending games. But for your information, as my wife and I live on the south coast we cannot go to every game. We therefore put christmas aside and come up for about 3 games, as we am doing this year for west ham and stoke at home and then going to WBA away, I go to the away games at Fulham and West Ham. though this season I am also going to Arsenal and chelsea because friends are buying me the tickets.

All in all it is not many games compared to some others. but at the same time it is more than some people who cannot be bothered to come from rishton etc etc.

Anybody is allowed a particular stance on a subject. But to sing at games, rovers till I die etc, then no longer come because of who the owners are or the manager is, in my opinion pathetic.

A person can have an opinion about Rovers or any club without attending games. But for your information, as my wife and I live on the south coast we cannot go to every game. We therefore put christmas aside and come up for about 3 games, as we am doing this year for west ham and stoke at home and then going to WBA away, I go to the away games at Fulham and West Ham. though this season I am also going to Arsenal and chelsea because friends are buying me the tickets.

All in all it is not many games compared to some others. but at the same time it is more than some people who cannot be bothered to come from rishton etc etc.

Anybody is allowed a particular stance on a subject. But to sing at games, rovers till I die etc, then no longer come because of who the owners are or the manager is, in my opinion pathetic.

rishton? whats wrong with rishton.Alls Im saying it pees me off when i see people slagging someone off who has has probably spent more over the last 10 years watching rovers and the bitching coming from people who dont attend themselves. Its like me with my broncos ,no i dont go every week im like you attend when i can /afford but i would NEVER gop on the bronco board i use and slag fans off.

:wacko: tireed of sunshine lol no way.divorced? as in the state or the mrs? if the latter sad to hear.water from the well= MOONSHINE YAY!!

The Mrs, don't be sad it was a blessing in disguise, a very expensive one but never the less. Take care Abs

out of all the people who are slagging mcm off for taking a personal stance,how many actually attend games? (not having a pop at anyone just wondering tho?)

I do, 250 mile round trip for every home game what does that matter?

Its a terribly worded statement he has made, how likely are we to change hands again now, especially to British owners?

Stuff who or what owns us, or who manages us, I'll be there and thank goodness there are many more that feel the same.

The Mrs, don't be sad it was a blessing in disguise, a very expensive one but never the less. Take care Abs

gotchya pal loud and clear,done it twice myself.3rd time lucky for me and its amazing! :wub:

I do, 250 mile round trip for every home game what does that matter?

Its a terribly worded statement he has made, how likely are we to change hands again now, especially to British owners?

Stuff who or what owns us, or who manages us, I'll be there and thank goodness there are many more that feel the same.

you attend games ? my beef aint with you maty.

I will be there too...

rishton? whats wrong with rishton.Alls Im saying it pees me off when i see people slagging someone off who has has probably spent more over the last 10 years watching rovers and the bitching coming from people who dont attend themselves. Its like me with my broncos ,no i dont go every week im like you attend when i can /afford but i would NEVER gop on the bronco board i use and slag fans off.

Nothing is wrong with rishton ( just used it as a localish area). I have just given an opinion that if you support a club, you do so no matter who is the owner or the manager. I am not slagging people down as such, I just find it pathetic that people blow hot and cold for the club because who the owners and manager are. Most of us wanted Ince out for example, but when he was the manager, we still supported the club. The club comes first before the owners and manager issues. IMO

Nothing is wrong with rishton ( just used it as a localish area). I have just given an opinion that if you support a club, you do so no matter who is the owner or the manager. I am not slagging people down as such, I just find it pathetic that people blow hot and cold for the club because who the owners and manager are. Most of us wanted Ince out for example, but when he was the manager, we still supported the club. The club comes first before the owners and manager issues. IMO

Sums up how I feel to a tee.

tel you what..... I don't give a eff you see kay about chickens but we better get some decent stewards because if I was an animal rights pressure group I would buy 100 season tickets in riverside and have big demos every single match - cheapest publicity on the globe! and the worst publicity for our club ever. this is a disaster! can't believe anyone can see any positives with this. minus two (maybe more) season tickets in my party.

Are they going to stop eating too? I find that people usually have a populist stance towards these things, and 'boycott' at their own convenience.

Do they wear fur?

Do they wear leather shoes?

I'm no saint myself, but I don't go around pretending to be one either.

Sending 100 people to demonstrate at every game would soon mean you were out of people you know.

Well Abbs you can start by counting me as No.1 although I am NOT actually one who has slagged him off. But just for the record I do think his attitude is completely wrong and his reasons for stopping support for Rovers just pathetic. (That's assuming he has ever supported Rovers in reallity).

Who cares what that humourless clinical psychopath thinks? Surprised that his amstrad is hooked up to the internet.

You should not be so dismissive. The career paths of Jack Walker, Dave Whelan and Alan Sugar are not dissimilar.

I hope you aren't offended when I say that I'd take their opinions of business and of football way in front of yours Billy.

I see David Brown as having been an unsung hero at Rovers over the time he has been with us and I think we owe him personally a deep debt of gratitude.

Agreed. I may be wrong but I believe David Brown has been the level head for BRFC that other clubs who are now in deep financial difficultiues have not had.

I think we need to be clear about the numbers being paid.

It is a bit over £23m for the shares help by the Trust (which means the Walker family have given the Rovers about £160m net in cash down the years plus all their time and professional fees plus the money Jack quietly paid in previously). I believe Rovers had £16m in bank debt and that is being paid off right now out of the transferred funds from VH and the balance comprises repayment of the loans the Trust paid into Rovers at zero interest since they said they were "not going to put any more in".

If those figure are corrrect it's a largely wasted post cos there's not many on here with the mind set to absorb those figures Gunner.

I have the same opinion Oz.

I will not watch Rovers again until the club is British owned AND has a new manager.

Can hardly call yourself a supporter then can you? More a casual observer with an angry head.

Archived