BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should not be so dismissive. The carreer paths of Jack Walker, Dave Whelan and Alan Sugar are not dissimilar.

I hope you aren't offended when I say that I'd take their opinions of business and of football way in front of yours Billy.

To be honest I just don't like Sugar, and this has nothing to do with him. There is something about him I don't like. And I am not offended, but then I don't agree with many things you say.

To be honest I just don't like Sugar, and this has nothing to do with him. There is something about him I don't like. And I am not offended, but then I don't agree with many things you say.

I agree, Sugar reminds me of Fagin. I can imagine him hiding his wealth in the chimney stack and bringing out at night to count it singing " I am reviewing, the situation" There is something instantly dislikeable about hum.

or someones ince hatred and wanting to golfing ? ;)

Abbey.

1. Was my forecast right or wrong about Ince? (I must say at this point that I did err a little. I did say that he'd not last long enough to put the clock in his office back. In fact thats rubbish....... I didn't err at all it was John Williams who erred by stupidly giving the plonker another 6 weeks).

2. Have waggy (or yourself for that matter) come up with anything constructive and beneficial for the club re: replacing Allardyce as manager? All I read is illogical and frequently immature statements and personal insults.

If either of you have a better manager in mind who would have come to a club that had until yesterday a big 'For Sale' sign up over the door (rem new owners are notorious for changing managers)and is faced with managing with little or no money to spend and who will DEFINITELY improve our league position from a respectable 10th place finish then lets be hearing who that person is. Neither of you have come up with anybody even close to the managerial ability of SA. You'll both be scratching your head for a long time I think. But hey lets sod all that grey matter stuff and just get on with chanting 'Zamms a Big Fat Slug' from the stand eh? :P

i will moderate you then lol

I bagsy moderating Flopsy! :lol:

From reading the Telegraph this morning there is no mention of Venkys actually clearing the debt. Surely the trust wouldn't sell and allow the £20 milliion debt to remain. If they have then this deal is up the creek already!

I have just re-read the offer document and I cannot find anything to do with the debt being paid. So I am wondering how we can assume that this is the case. Yet some of the media outlets have said, 46 million was paid, others that 23 million was paid. If it was 46 million then the debt was paid. But the offer document just states 23 million.

So which is the truth or how we can find out, I suppose will only come out when the yearly accounts are published. Until then we can just speculate.

+1 ,if i could it would be more...amen to to your post brother,i have a niggling nagging feeling about this.

Did anyone see livsey dingle interview the Indian journo on look northwest last night.He asked him about Venkys and the journo more or less said they are not in this for blackburn rover just to make money for themselves..

How on earth could anybody possibly believe anything else Abbey? Of course they are after their own benefit. Thats completely obvious no matter which of the wannabees took us over and why I have been in no rush to see any new owners.

Wasn't David Brown the main person who wanted Paul Ince to be fired in December if I remember rightly?

Nope. That was me! :lol::tu:

Reuters reports that Venkys say that the deal is worth 54 million pounds, including 20 million to buy shares, and the rest covering the debt as well as "strengthening the operations of the club", which I assume means investment in players. Does that give us about 8-10 million pounds for January?

They gave an ominous statement about how the present management has done a great job and will be supported and in the future any decisions to the alternative will be taken with the best interests of the club at hand. Makes me think June 2011 will be a decisive month.

Reuters reports that Venkys say that the deal is worth 54 million pounds, including 20 million to buy shares, and the rest covering the debt as well as "strengthening the operations of the club", which I assume means investment in players. Does that give us about 8-10 million pounds for January?

They gave an ominous statement about how the present management has done a great job and will be supported and in the future any decisions to the alternative will be taken with the best interests of the club at hand. Makes me think June 2011 will be a decisive month.

Was it not £23 million to purchase the club, £21 million is the current debt, so that would leave £10 million for funds?

Am I correct in thinking that the managers contract expires at the end of the season too?

I can't understand the negative stuff posted towards the trust. When Jack died we were in the second tier of English football. With the Trust behind us we not only gained promotion back to the top tier - we have remained there since. In fact we have remained in the top flight for the longest period in our modern history - I believe this is a fantastic achievement which could not have been achieved without the Walkers.

Now however, they have decided that they can no nlonger continue to support the club as theynhave done in the last 10 years or so - Remember our debt is only (?) £21m. Venkys have decided they can. They are going into this venture knowing an average player costs upwards of £4m and commands wages in excess of 30K per week. The Walkers did not know this when they got involved. The game has changed.

I hope that the knowledge Venkys have going into this - don't forget that the appeal is having a PL club, not a Championship club - means that they have arranged for the necessary funds to be available to maintain at the very least our current status.

See you layer then, come back when you've grown up or found an ounce of intelligence

Agree wholeheartedly

See you layer then, come back when you've grown up or found an ounce of intelligence

Agree wholeheartedly

I can't understand the negative stuff posted towards the trust. When Jack died we were in the second tier of English football. With the Trust behind us we not only gained promotion back to the top tier - we have remained there since.

Just one point. Jack Walker continued the funding when Rovers were relegated, allowing the club to keep hold of a good squad. It wasn't the trustees that took the financial hit of relegation, it was Jack Walker.

Just one point. Jack Walker continued the funding when Rovers were relegated, allowing the club to keep hold of a good squad. It wasn't the trustees that took the financial hit of relegation, it was Jack Walker.

Wasn't talking about the cost of relegation - Jack died in our promotion year, prior to promotion - the trust have overseen us since we wre promoted

Wasn't talking about the cost of relegation - Jack died in our promotion year, prior to promotion - the trust have overseen us since we wre promoted

Yeah, fair enough. The trustees have been brilliant for the club, absolutely brilliant, - apart from the last few seasons when they had made the decision they did.

I will always be more than grateful for what JW and the trustees have done for this club, as I'm sure, we all are.

Yes, they DID look after us, they wrote off debt and provided money for players whilst keeping out of the limelight- perfect owners.

However the last 3 years they pulled up the drawbridge to let us sink or swim- thankfully we held on in the PL without funding from the owners, we are lucky a buyer came through because how much longer could we have defied the odds?

The Trust played a very risky game post 2007 and we got away with it, just think if Ince had have had another month in charge.

That's still down to Jacks legacy, not the trust. We mainly went up thanks to the likes of Duff, Dunn and Jansen - either products of our youth system or bought with Jacks money (Jansen). What have the Trust actually done apart from "oversee" us? Yes they provided us with 3 million a season initially but that was after telling us the funds wouldn't be drying up just after Jack died.

However then they withdrew even this and refused to provide funds to a manager who was selling players for far more than he had bought them for.

Remember this was Jacks money left to them to look after his interests with. His biggest passion was arguably Rovers. The level of support they provided us would, under most circumstances have seen us relegated, however thanks to a succession of managers with an ability to find talents from nowhere together with the stewardship of JW this didn't happen.

But we did this in spite of, not because of the Trust. The only exception I'd add here is if they directly appointed JW, as that was a good move.

Yeah, fair enough. The trustees have been brilliant for the club, absolutely brilliant, - apart from the last few seasons when they had made the decision they did.

I will always be more than grateful for what JW and the trustees have done for this club, as I'm sure, we all are.

That's exactly what i was getting at in my original post.

Now lets hope the new owners appreciate what they've bought and fully get behind the club and allow us to compete with our contemparies.

That's exactly what i was getting at in my original post.

Now lets hope the new owners appreciate what they've bought and fully get behind the club and allow us to compete with our contemparies.

Yes, they DID look after us, they wrote off debt and provided money for players whilst keeping out of the limelight- perfect owners.

However the last 3 years they pulled up the drawbridge to let us sink or swim- thankfully we held on in the PL without funding from the owners, we are lucky a buyer came through because how much longer could we have defied the odds?

The Trust played a very risky game post 2007 and we got away with it, just think if Ince had have had another month in charge.

I agree that they pulled investment to an extent. However were they not reported to have been willing to invest £5m to buy johnson from Boro when he became available - granted because they could see a future sell on.

I don't want to think about whatbcould have happened if Ince had continued - although I was in favour of his appointment at the time. However, the board,not the trust, appointed him

There has been a lot of emphasis on loaning (or leasing) players in the comments from Venky's yesterday and previously - presumably this is something which has been advocated to them by Kentaro/SEM?

Also, in relation to the trust and their ownership - whilst we are discussing and looking purely at finances, you cannot discount the importance of the stability they provided - obviously the Board has played their part in this too.

Seems a bit strange the current directors will be the same, guessing this will be short-term with possible changes over time or even in the summer.

Generally, not sure of my thinking over this (the takeover) however will be intersting times ahead....it can be easy and natural to be negative about it (as I have been) however the new owners have my support.

Archived