BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

Do you think Arsenal fans are crying about moving from Highbury to the Emirates?

No. Because they see it as a positive for the club.

FFS

I also have no objections if they change Ewood Park to Venky's ewood. At the end of the day the Venky's are the ones putting in the money for the club.

In india VENKY'S ewood would provide the advertising they need for over there. To all of us in the uk, it would still be Ewood Park.

When ever Rovers are on TV, here or abroad and they mention Venky's Ewood park it would provide the world wide advert for both the club and Venky's.

My view, it is only a name and if the name can be used to generate interest and money for the club and even Venky's, then so be it.

They have agreed to keep the name of the Jack Walker Stand in place, Jack's statue etc. Venky's Ewood Park is in my view a good compromise.

Somebody mentioned that the council would object because the area is called Ewood. It would not make any difference. There is no law saying you have to name a football ground after the area it is in, for example, emirates.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an ex-union officer, I have always found the best course is to work with people/managers, rather than against them. Some people are jumping off the bridge too quickly. Give these guys a chance, it's all new and exciting to them.

India is no longer (indeed, if it ever was) the backwater that some seem to think. In fact, looking at the Pune district alone it rather seems that Blackburn could be the backwater.

It's natural to be anxious and worried about the future of our beloved club, but don't write it off too soon.

The phrase "day of the match" will now be replaced by "Venky-time".

"It's Venkyyyyyyyyy Time!!

This Sunday at Venky's Ewood Park.

Tickets are available in all areas: The Venky's Magic Wings Riverside Pen, The BV Feed Supplements Manufacturing Co Ltd Darwen End Pen, The Ventri Biologicals Blackburn End Pen and the Jack Walker Stand.

See you there!"

foghorn-3.jpg

I sympathise with those supporters who have stated that following the Rovers wont be the same.

No longer are we, as I think Souness described the club " A real football club, no supermarket or hotel in site, Blackburn are a proper football club"

Well as of now the proper football club tag can be forgotten, Rovers will be prostituted as a marketing tool, for the benifit of the owners.

When players should be rested they will be flown half way round the world promoting the owners products, the club history will be forgotten as new marketing signage will be errected around the ground.

How long before Ewood Park will be know as the Chicken Shed.

Thanks to Jack Walker we had the opportunity to share his dream, and thanks to his legacy the Trust has extended that dream for a number of years.

Regretably we wont see the like of Jack Walkers again and my grandson will never have the opportunity to know what a proper football club was like.

We can discuss the take over as much as we like, but there is little we can do about it. The club, nay football is no longer a part of the community or the leisure facility of the man in the street.

I think we better get used to the fact our identity as a footballing club has been lost and that things will never be the same again.

Blackburn Rovers the Football Club RIP

None of the things you say Alan have happened yet. Surely before you say out football club is dead we should wait and see what happens next.

Football is constantly changing, look at the money in it compared to say ten years ago. We have owners who want us to be successful, have had to cope with the heartbreak of an amazing man dying and then driving his vision forward, similar to what we have had to cope with. These guys are hugely respected business people who have dare I say it- principles, I have complete confidence based on what has come out that this deal is the best thing for the club and will ensure there is a Blackburn Rovers FC in the premier league for the forseeable future.

I'm no fan of foreign ownership of football clubs and have deep concerns related to how the game has changed in 15 years and how it seems the landscape will change again as a result of this takeover. My view is currently complete indifference to our new ownership, by which I mean I am neither positive or negative in my feelings. I don't know what to expect and IMV none of us can know anything.

Despite this I'm begining to feel some sympathy for the new owners and the position they find themselves in. It's clear, and I heard this from a good source, VH were told to keep quiet about their intentions during the pre-sale period. Frustrating but probably good advice given to them. Now, within hours of completing the takeover, the Indian media is awash with quotes and statements from the family. Interesting there is very little in the British press which tells us where we stand and perhaps underlines where Venky's will take us in the future.

Philip has already said, and this is a point I fully agree with, the difference between our use and the Indian use of the same language is enormous. Again as Philip rightly says any utterance in India will be in Blackburn within minutes. As Blackburn Rovers fans we have a greater interest in analysing every word trying to understand what is to happen to the club. The audience Venky's speaks to has no such concerns, to them it matters little. Venky's have made some potentially outrageous statements in the last 24 hours, enough to fill a page of rantings about why this is all very bad news for the club. I think much of this is with the best intentions but back in Lancashire "translates" very poorly.

I hope someone speaks to them soon, explains the need for real clarity and has the wisdom to allow John Williams to explain what is happening at Ewood. I didn't want foreign ownership of Rovers, now it has happened I'd like to set off in the best possible way which means learning the press utterances since the takeover read very badly in this part of Lancashire. I hope Venky's appreciate very quickly just how much they have to learn about our football club and its support.

Williams has been so very important to the club in recent years, he is going to be absolutely crucial to Venky's.

I pray we don't get any sort of hand waving parade on the pitch today.

Very well put.

I truly hope the club IE JW and one of the new owners can make some sort of joint statement about this new era. If there's one thing that I've always lived by its first impressions truly count and define the relationships development. A poor one is not irretrievable but its hardly an easy road either.

Venky's Ewood sounded awful last night. Venky's Ewood Park doesn't bother me too much this morning. I wouldn't say I liked it, but there again I did say earlier that a name change wouldn't matter if it was financially attractive.

It's all part of the re-branding, and it's all part of the marketting of Blackburn Rovers throughout Asia. How many of us in the past have questioned Rovers about their lack of prowess in pushing the club overseas? I have, so now it might be happening I'll go along with it.

One other point. Our new owners have to recognise that the real owners of BRFC are us, the fans. They need putting in the picture about the fact that their first priority is to us, the fans of Blackburn Rovers - not the Asian or English press. We should be their first port of call at all times. If they neglect that, this whole thing could, nay will, go t!ts up. At the end of the day Venky's, the fans will have the say on how long your tenure lasts. Read and digest Venky's, because an empty Venky's Ewood Park isn't going to get you anywhere, except trying to service huge losses. You have to take the fans with you.

I truly hope the club IE JW and one of the new owners can make some sort of joint statement about this new era. If there's one thing that I've always lived by its first impressions truly count and define the relationships development. A poor one is not irretrievable but its hardly an easy road either.

I'm hoping that some form of presentation might be taking place before the game today. They are currently on their way to Ewood so I would think that they are going to be brought out to the fans with scarves around their necks. I have no doubt that they will be met with chants of "There's only one Jack Walker."

"It's Venkyyyyyyyyy Time!!

This Sunday at Venky's Ewood Park.

Tickets are available in all areas: The Venky's Magic Wings Riverside Pen, The BV Feed Supplements Manufacturing Co Ltd Darwen End Pen, The Ventri Biologicals Blackburn End Pen and the Jack Walker Stand.

See you there!"

foghorn-3.jpg

QUALITY

Big Sam: Can we have more than £5 Million in January? that won't buy crouchy's legs.

Venkys: I say, I say...that's all folks!

I'm hoping that some form of presentation might be taking place before the game today. They are currently on their way to Ewood so I would think that they are going to be brought out to the fans with scarves around their necks. I have no doubt that they will be met with chants of "There's only one Jack Walker."

Who knows how this going to be met, its been nothing but a PR disaster since the summer.

Venky's Ewood sounded awful last night. Venky's Ewood Park doesn't bother me too much this morning. I wouldn't say I liked it, but there again I did say earlier that a name change wouldn't matter if it was financially attractive.

It's all part of the re-branding, and it's all part of the marketting of Blackburn Rovers throughout Asia. How many of us in the past have questioned Rovers about their lack of prowess in pushing the club overseas? I have, so now it might be happening I'll go along with it.

One other point. Our new owners have to recognise that the real owners of BRFC are us, the fans. They need putting in the picture about the fact that their first priority is to us, the fans of Blackburn Rovers - not the Asian or English press. We should be their first port of call at all times. If they neglect that, this whole thing could, nay will, go t!ts up. At the end of the day Venky's, the fans will have the say on how long your tenure lasts. Read and digest Venky's.

We had one statement period from the trust in the whole of their time since Jack (RIP) left us. Its certainly an area they should be looking at and one that needs improvement. Despite places like this not being the be all and end all, if you look on here, comments on the LT website and all the other places a reasonable picture could be created of the fans views on the current state of play. If there's one thing that I would have thought this kind of research would have garnered its that the fans care and want to support the new era. Alas because of the constant silence and various press reports the picture is unclear and uncertain, its not a good place to start.

PS:

I've now seen this comment in a couple of reports:

The club's existing management structure, including chairman John Williams, will be retained and Williams said: "The successful conclusion of the deal is clearly a significant event in the history of the club.

"The Rao family pursued this with determination and enthusiasm."

Now as someone who constantly deals with individuals who aspire to being more than they are I see these traits everyday. There's always one question I ask myself of them, are they capable???

Having reflected briefly I still want to see the Roa's (Mrs) stood side by side with JW. Not just for the words but for the image of the two together united in the Rovers cause. The new owners of Liverpool have come in and said some great things and made sure they are seen in the right context, ours should follow suit.

"There's only one Jack Walker". chant will never go away,and rightly so.

Also the ground will forever be EWOOD PARK no matter what ANYBODY, new owners or media want to call it.

Gentlemen, have a look at this takeover from a different point of view....

that from someone not from Blackburn, or even from England. (I'm not talking about me btw)

It's a business transaction from a country with a different culture.

It's already been stated about the differing use of the English Language, and that is very true. The Indians use it as it was in the first half of the 20th century. It's far more precise than in England now, and word meaning has changed.

I have a lot of respect for Indians, they are astute, keen to learn, and will work to achieve an end, (ok, there are the exceptions, but there always are in any society), but generally they want to improve.

I say, give them a chance to show their worth, don't judge them before they've had a go.

This, it may be said in future times, could be the Renaissance of a small club in a nondescript* town in northern England.

As the EPL is "the" league to watch, then the Rovers are the jewel to be admired, if not from a winning everything point but to being an example of how to operate.

Let the Rao's have a shot at it, if they are as successful at this as they are at their other endeavors, the the Rovers will be alright.

* put in for Theno

ps. TGM, how about being a little more magnanimous now the takeover is complete, rather than coming across as a "body plumber"

It's a business transaction from a country with a different culture.

It's already been stated about the differing use of the English Language, and that is very true. The Indians use it as it was in the first half of the 20th century. It's far more precise than in England now, and word meaning has changed.

I have a lot of respect for Indians, they are astute, keen to learn, and will work to achieve an end, (ok, there are the exceptions, but there always are in any society), but generally they want to improve.

I can appreciate that viewpoint.

However if there is to be an appreciation from us to them then surely the same should work in reverse?

So far I've read 2 points that I can't say I'm very happy with at all:

A new coach will be decided upon.

Our players are low on confidence.

Its imperative Venky's and the club liaise with each other. As whilst the dream is to generate more fans globally as things stand all they have is us and comments like that on day one are not perhaps the best. Den has made a great point about our status its imperative they form strong bonds with us from the off. Its been over 6 months of uncertainty and journeying through the dark for most Rovers fans its time we saw some light.

I can appreciate that viewpoint.

However if there is to be an appreciation from us to them then surely the same should work in reverse?

So far I've read 2 points that I can't say I'm very happy with at all:

A new coach will be decided upon.

Our players are low on confidence.

Its imperative Venky's and the club liaise with each other. As whilst the dream is to generate more fans globally as things stand all they have is us and comments like that on day one are not perhaps the best. Den has made a great point about our status its imperative they form strong bonds with us from the off. Its been over 6 months of uncertainty and journeying through the dark for most Rovers fans its time we saw some light.

Point taken , smithy.

Yes, it's a two way street, and it's important for the new owners to meld with the fans asap, and they do need to use the "language of the day" to get their message across.

However, the (local) fans need to consider and respect that our new owners are on a learning curve, and need to give them time. Remember, also, that the existing management team is still in place.

my earlier post was deleted with no explanation...this takeover stinks.

The Trust have put plenty in but the Trust beneficiaries wanted more out. We have been taken over by people who have NO history of supporting BRFC or having any love for the Club in the way that many posters on BRFCS do. If it goes belly up they will be out and leaving us in the cack as quick as I can say "Dingle Barsteward".

I expect to be hauled under the mainsail for saying I am against the Venkys takeover but personally I believe this is sh1t.

We're removing (well, unapproving so they are hidden from view) huge numbers of posts from high profile threads on either quality grounds (where it veers off into a slanging match) or questionable legal grounds.

In your case, I seem to remember you directly called the trust a bunch of crooks (or maybe Venky's, or something along those lines).

Phrases like "I personally believe" and "allegedly" help a lot :)

Point taken , smithy.

Yes, it's a two way street, and it's important for the new owners to meld with the fans asap, and they do need to use the "language of the day" to get their message across.

However, the (local) fans need to consider and respect that our new owners are on a learning curve, and need to give them time. Remember, also, that the existing management team is still in place.

And that's exactly why I'm not ranting, yet. ;)

But you need to learn quickly in Football, so lets hope they can and in JW they have a guide that's second to none.

For me personally I don't want to read about their intentions I want to see them IE video. I was under the impression there was going to a launch which I guess I must have missed. But I feel it needs something like that to help get people behind our new owners.

From Philips last link.

Fresh from clinching the deal, she plans to restructure the club and find a new coach.

The players confidence down Etc.

They really do need to sort this out.

One of the brothers, Venkatesh Rao on Sky Sports News given an interview about their takeover. He said that Big Sam will stay on has manager and that funds are available if the manager needs them!

The Interview with him on SSN is on again within the next 25 mins!!!

None of the things you say Alan have happened yet. Surely before you say out football club is dead we should wait and see what happens next.

Football is constantly changing, look at the money in it compared to say ten years ago. We have owners who want us to be successful, have had to cope with the heartbreak of an amazing man dying and then driving his vision forward, similar to what we have had to cope with. These guys are hugely respected business people who have dare I say it- principles, I have complete confidence based on what has come out that this deal is the best thing for the club and will ensure there is a Blackburn Rovers FC in the premier league for the forseeable future.

My appologies if its come over that way

I did not intend to say that Rovers as a club is dead. What I was attempting to say was that Rovers as a real football club, where the main purpose of the club was to be part of the community where football was the main objective was gone forever.

Rovers have sold their identity,like so many other clubs, in order to survive.

It main priority now is not so much a sporting activety but a business.

Archived