BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sympathise with those supporters who have stated that following the Rovers wont be the same.

No longer are we, as I think Souness described the club " A real football club, no supermarket or hotel in site, Blackburn are a proper football club"

Well as of now the proper football club tag can be forgotten, Rovers will be prostituted as a marketing tool, for the benifit of the owners.

I'm currently both slightly frustrated and worried with the press comments from our new owners.All the talk from the mysterious Mrs Desai (Big fan of Cricket not football...well I never!) being made to Indian papers with little info given to the British media?

GREAT START INDEED.

The bold statement above needs no 'tarting up' from me.Its what I feared from day one,our clubs welfare will come second to 'Venky' profits.OUR towns proud club is now being managed from Pune,India ....it's just now hitting home and its rather unsettling to say the least! :wacko:

Blackburn Rovers,an English footballing institution,as English as fish 'n' chips and Roast Beef Dinner....I fear we wont ever be or feel the same again.

The two Venkys chaps sat in their seats at today's match,shivering with Blanket's over knees, looked absolutely lost.

Also,and rather controversially....where were Blackburn's large Indian community today at Ewood to celebrate this takeover?.THANKS FOR YOUR (NON) SUPPORT.

I'm currently both slightly frustrated and worried with the press comments from our new owners.All the talk from the mysterious Mrs Desai being made to Indian papers with little info given to the British media?

GREAT START INDEED.

The bold statement above needs no 'tarting up' from me.Its what I feared from day one,our clubs welfare will come second to 'Venky' profits.OUR towns proud club is now being managed from Pune,India ....it's just now hitting home and its rather unsettling to say the least! :wacko:

Blackburn Rovers,an English footballing institution,as English as fish 'n' chips and Roast Beef Dinner....I fear we wont ever be or feel the same again.

P.S.

The two Venkys chaps sat in their seats at today's match,shivering with Blanket's over knees looked absolutely lost.

A true English football team, with players from Norway, Croatia and DR Congo.

I have my fair share of concerns with this takeover but the above is just pathetic xenophobia.

I'm currently both slightly frustrated and worried with the press comments from our new owners.All the talk from the mysterious Mrs Desai (Big fan of Cricket not football...well I never!) being made to Indian papers with little info given to the British media?

GREAT START INDEED.

The two Venkys chaps sat in their seats at today's match,shivering with Blanket's over knees, looked absolutely lost.

Also,and rather controversially....where were Blackburn's large Indian community today at Ewood to celebrate this takeover?.THANKS FOR YOUR (NON) SUPPORT.

An unfortunate post. Thankfully your attitude is in the minority.

Yeah, you really proved us wrong there.

The less of the likes of yourself turn up to Ewood, the better.

What a keyboard warrior you are, SG194 is one of the most passionate Rovers fans I have come across on this board over the years. If he feels uneasy about the takeover and how it affects one of the country's most traditional football clubs, that is his opinion.

He doesn't deserve the smearing of his name that so often happens on here.

What a keyboard warrior you are, SG194 is one of the most passionate Rovers fans I have come across on this board over the years. If he feels uneasy about the takeover and how it affects one of the country's most traditional football clubs, that is his opinion.

There's plenty, including myself, who are a little uneasy about all of this.

Most people however don't base it on the nationality of the owners involved.

I'd say the same to someone both on and off the forum.

He us making a good job of smearing his own name IMO.

Does being w passionate fan give you carte blanche to say what you like?

He said that he didn't like the fact they spoke to the Indian media. But they are Indian hence they were always going to talk to the Indisn media ergo he doesn't like them because they are foreign. Xenophobia.

It's not a crime to be xenophobic but nor should people be afraid to say they don't like it.

The name of the ground is Ewood Park, not f**king Venky's Ewood.

People start messing with my football club, I get annoyed.

How about changing the club's name to Blackburn Rajah's - what's the big deal, "Blackburn" will still be in the name?

Actually we are supporters of the club. It's Venky's football club, not ours. And they are free to name it whatever they like. Venky's Ewood Park is lot better than some alternatives.

He us making a good job of smearing his own name IMO.

Does being w passionate fan give you carte blanche to say what you like?

He said that he didn't like the fact they spoke to the Indian media. But they are Indian hence they were always going to talk to the Indisn media ergo he doesn't like them because they are foreign. Xenophobia.

It's not a crime to be xenophobic but nor should people be afraid to say they don't like it.

Where in Gods name have I stated 'I dont like them because their foreign'?...thats not my opinion at all.

Leave it alone please... you have clearly misunderstood my comments and meaning.

Today was a good day because we won. Its always a good day when we win. I can now go to work this week happy that the team played well and got 3 points. Happy days.

Secondly I was proud to be a Rovers supporter who gave our new owners a warm applause.

It wasn't to much or to little, it was spot on.

After months of uncertainty its time to get behind the club and lets see if we can ruffle a few feathers starting with Man U next week !! :rover:

Actually we are supporters of the club. It's Venky's football club, not ours. And they are free to name it whatever they like. Venky's Ewood Park is lot better than some alternatives.

It was a turn of phrase, I don't own shares in the club.

Yes, Venky's own the club, but that doesn't mean they can start playing fast and loose with the club's heritage if they want the fans on their side. Before some nit-pickers insists they aren't playing fast and loose, I'm not insisting that they are.

I can't stop Venky's re-naming the stadium The Venky's Coop, changing the blue and white halves to all red, changing the team name to Venky Rovers and basically merchandising the club so that it's one long extended advert for Venky's, rather than a 135-year old football club. Doesn't mean I have to like it or support what they might do.

I don't get this attitude of "just accept it, it would be worse", but then again, it might be something to do with you coming from America and being used to sports franchises?

You said you didn't like the fact they spoke to the Indian media.

What did you expect? They are Indian

That's not quite what he said though, was it?

He bemoaned the lack of statements made in the British press, ie the fans aren't the priority.

That being said, I don't believe that's a big problem, we've only just been taken over and I'm sure they'll be making statements to the British media in due course.

GREAT START INDEED.

The bold statement above needs no 'tarting up' from me.Its what I feared from day one,our clubs welfare will come second to 'Venky' profits.OUR towns proud club is now being managed from Pune,India ....it's just now hitting home and its rather unsettling to say the least!

I think I can stand by my comments Bryan

Bucky...

All the talk from the mysterious Mrs Desai (Big fan of Cricket not football...well I never!) being made to Indian papers with little info given to the British media?

I was clearly bemoaning the fact that all the comments regarding the renaming of Ewood etc were being made public in India before most Rovers fans over here knew about it.

My personal view is that its not a good start to getting the fans over here on side.That statement was meant as nothing more or nothing less.

I hope to God they are successful but I have my fears as to their main involvement in taking over Rovers.

We shall see....its time to move on fella.

Archived