BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

One of the Rao brothers on Sky Sports News given an interview about their takeover. He said that Big Sam will stay on has manager and that funds are available if the manager needs them!

The Interview with him on SSN is on again within the next 25 mins.

Exactly the point chaddy, there's a lot of clucking down on the allotment but their all clucking different tunes. ;)

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My appologies if its come over that way

I did not intend to say that Rovers as a club is dead. What I was attempting to say was that Rovers as a real football club, where the main purpose of the club was to be part of the community where football was the main objective was gone forever.

Rovers have sold their identity,like so many other clubs, in order to survive.

It main priority now is not so much a sporting activety but a business.

We do have a large Asian community and we haven't connected all that well have we, for one reason or another? If we succeed in converting large numbers of Indians to support our club, we will simply be serving a far bigger and wider community.

Well, I'm off down Ewood, you lot coming? Or some of you guna blather on about ifs buts and maybes all day?

Just checked my season ticket, still got Blackburn Rovers written on it.

If our new owners are seen on the pitch I'll give them a nice warm round of applause and settle down to watch my football team!

For any of you that aren't going soley on the basis of who we are owned by, thanks for the leg room!

The Dr said something along the lines of if we need a player, we will get him no doubt about it.

To me that exciting because it confirms that we have much more than 5m to spend if we really think it will improve the team.

I think that the 5 million was a bluff to make teams think that we still don't have much money. Good Tactics to be fair. keep fees down. I think we should sign Ngog or Carew, Larrson and Adam in January.

That's still down to Jacks legacy, not the trust. We mainly went up thanks to the likes of Duff, Dunn and Jansen - either products of our youth system or bought with Jacks money (Jansen). What have the Trust actually done apart from "oversee" us? Yes they provided us with 3 million a season initially but that was after telling us the funds wouldn't be drying up just after Jack died.

However then they withdrew even this and refused to provide funds to a manager who was selling players for far more than he had bought them for.

Remember this was Jacks money left to them to look after his interests with. His biggest passion was arguably Rovers. The level of support they provided us would, under most circumstances have seen us relegated, however thanks to a succession of managers with an ability to find talents from nowhere together with the stewardship of JW this didn't happen.

But we did this in spite of, not because of the Trust. The only exception I'd add here is if they directly appointed JW, as that was a good move.

The example of BRFC post Jack Walker has convinced Dave Whelan that he will give Wigan away rather than saddle his children and grandchildren with a poisoned chalice.

Also considering that none of Jack's children or grandchildren or his brother and his children are remotely interested in BRFC they haven't done too bad imo over the past decade. Any other viewpoint is churlish.

Thanks for some reasoned and informative posts. It's a bit of a worry for me as I am sure it is for a lot of us old timers and new ones alike I'm sure. As long as Blackburn Rovers Football Club continue I suppose it is all good really. I've loved this team since I was a little boy and still do I just hope we continue in our proud fashion.

Well, I'm off down Ewood, you lot coming? Or some of you guna blather on about ifs buts and maybes all day?

Just checked my season ticket, still got Blackburn Rovers written on it.

If our new owners are seen on the pitch I'll give them a nice warm round of applause and settle down to watch my football team!

For any of you that aren't going soley on the basis of who we are owned by, thanks for the leg room!

Good post NR. I think all of you who are not going because we are owned by Venky's london limited. Why don't you give them a chance to prove to you that they are going to be good owners and give some money to the manager to sign better players, that we need to move up the table and push for a Europe place this season.

I do understand that some of you don't like change or didn't think that this group are the right owners for rovers, and would have prefer a local man to buy rovers. well, nobody did. I think we just got to get them a chance to prove themselves. One of my favourite sayings is look at the glass half full instead of half empty!!!

What a load of cack on this thread, mostly stoked by our Maltese body language and linguistic expert.

Venky's have several stakeholder groups to consider and communicate with: their own shareholders in India; their new employees at Ewood; the media (who will be of far more value to Venky's in this deal than whether or not 23,000 or 25,000 are at the ground) and the fans - in that order.

Obviously these days any statement gets around all four instantaneously, but the priorities remain. Tell your shareholders why you have spent a shedload of money (doesn't matter what the source of the funds - the club will be used to market Venky's); tell your employees what it means for them personally; get some early publicity while the media interest is strongest, and then tell the fans some platitude or other because, quite frankly, it doesn't really matter. We'll judge them on actions, not words.

The new owners haven't even had time yet for a face-to-face sit down with Allardyce, so why a bunch of internet saddoes expect to be kept in the loop I have no idea.

We had 2 statements from the last owners in 10 years, and even they were contradictory: the first being that nothing will change, the second being that the club has been sold, so I'm sure they'll be able to do better than that.

What a load of cack on this thread, mostly stoked by our Maltese body language and linguistic expert.

Venky's have several stakeholder groups to consider and communicate with: their own shareholders in India; their new employees at Ewood; the media (who will be of far more value to Venky's in this deal than whether or not 23,000 or 25,000 are at the ground) and the fans - in that order.

Obviously these days any statement gets around all four instantaneously, but the priorities remain. Tell your shareholders why you have spent a shedload of money (doesn't matter what the source of the funds - the club will be used to market Venky's); tell your employees what it means for them personally; get some early publicity while the media interest is strongest, and then tell the fans some platitude or other because, quite frankly, it doesn't really matter. We'll judge them on actions, not words.

The new owners haven't even had time yet for a face-to-face sit down with Allardyce, so why a bunch of internet saddoes expect to be kept in the loop I have no idea.

We had 2 statements from the last owners in 10 years, and even they were contradictory: the first being that nothing will change, the second being that the club has been sold, so I'm sure they'll be able to do better than that.

Now whose talking cack.

Has John Williams not made any statements over the last 10 years.

As CEO and Chairman of the club he is the voice of the Trust and Board of Directors.

Now whose talking cack.

Has John Williams not made any statements over the last 10 years.

As CEO and Chairman of the club he is the voice of the Trust and Board of Directors.

Then maybe he should be coming out with the platitudes right now. "I've met these people, I like what they have to say, I believe we're in the right hands." Wouldn't be too difficult would it?

By the logic of your post it is over to the fans to look after themselves as we are the least important element EiT.

I doubt that is the case.

Personally, I think a face to face with Allardyce and other key employees takes priority over making statements to the fans.

Venky's didn't 'reach out' to people on this board unlike other bidders, perhaps because they saw, quite rightly, that it was irrelevant in the process.

I totally disagree with you.

They'll have already spoken with JW and Allardyce, but they need to keep the fans onside. Without the fans the club is worthless, they need the full support of the fans and as they have two months to tread water where they can't impress us with signings they need to be reassuring us with their words and making themselves likeable.

The PR should be the easy part, but they are making a total mess of it.

They'll have already spoken with JW and Allardyce, but they need to keep the fans onside. Without the fans the club is worthless, they need the full support of the fans and as they have two months to tread water where they can't impress us with signings they need to be reassuring us with their words and making themselves likeable.

Oh please - Ewood will be deserted by January because of some earnestly-made comments to the Indian media?

Investment and results on the pitch is how they will be judged.

I think we may all be forgetting that the past few days for the Venky's must have been hectic. They may have appointed lawyers to do the legal stuff. But the Venky's from one moment being interested in buying the club, to the long drawn out prosess, to now being the owners of a premier league football club. All of a sudden, that day they have been anticipating has arrived. They are now in the spotlight of a football world. Something they have not done before, a new project. Therefore there are bound to be teething problems, new things to adjust too. The ink has not dried on the papers yet. So I suggest that before we make judgements, we wait awhile. Yes they will soon learn they have to take on board the fans. But first things first, they are attending their first home game as owners. They are putting the business ideas of their plans together. All these things take time. They would also be having to speak to people from two diffeent countries, with different cultures etc etc.

We have to give them time and allow them to get their feet under the table. It no longer matters if we are for or against the takeover, because it has happened. It is a new era for the club, the fans as well as the Venky's which we all have to live with. Go with the flow and see what happens. What matters is that the club on and off the field is a success.

Archived