BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

If venky's sponsor it say at 1 year at a time it could be raised as needed to increase club funds. I'm not 100% on the financial rules coming in but surely sponsorship isn't capped and I assume there are no issues over sponsoring your own club?

Not sure on the rules when it comes to that sort of thing, also when are they due to come into effect? 2012?

Venky's will have to make a decision on what they want to achieve by having the stadium sponsored. Do they want in the short-term as much cash as possible coming in as a result from the sponsorship? If so than an external sponsor from a big company like we have seen at Arsenal with the Emirates will probably give you that. Are they looking at the longer term picture? Do they immediately want to start building up the Venky's brand especially in the UK and the rest of Europe? Then they might consider sponsoring it themselves.

I get the impression from Mrs Desai's comments that they will be considering both options.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure on the rules when it comes to that sort of thing, also when are they due to come into effect? 2012?

Venky's will have to make a decision on what they want to achieve by having the stadium sponsored. Do they want in the short-term as much cash as possible coming in as a result from sponsorship? If so than an external sponsor from a big company like we have seen at Arsenal with the Emirates will probably give you that. Are they looking at the longer term picture? Do they immediately want to start building up the Venky's brand especially in the UK and the rest of Europe? Then they might consider sponsoring it themselves.

I get the impression from Mrs Desai's comments that they will be considering both options.

My only reservation is how much would an external pay to sponsor Rovers? I can't seem to track down a figure for Bolton as I'm not sure looking at Arsenal is the best comparison since they are top 4 & champions league every season. Our kit gets 1.5M (???) so would someone be willing to pay that for what would be most likely a lower level of exposure?

If the rules don't allow significant funds to be pumped in each year IE a % of turnover, then what's to stop Venky's sponsoring the stadium for say £10,000,000 a season once the rules come into full force?

At the end of the day they'll choose the one that makes the most financial sense, I hope. But if it is Durex I'll not be best pleased. Although having a giant one over the stadium may help our new owners keep warm.

I've not seen any announcements by BRFC concerning any of the current officers of the club contining, other than of course that the present management team are set to remain.

I have noticed that the Vice Chairman has today resigned/terminated, I just wondered whether other officers connected closer to the Walker family might likewise be leaving?

Should BRFC not be issuing statements thanking officers for their service to BRFC prior to information coming into the public domain?

Reebok paid Bolton £25m for 10 year

Emirates paid £100m for 15 years

I honestly believe we should try cracking India & Far East before we sell the naming rights...if we get big exposure over there then that will only rocket our value of our naming rights...especially if we have a better playing team by then.

No matter what venky's call the stadium it'll always be ewood to me and thousands of others , if someone in india wants to call it venky's stadium so what!! :blink:

Absoloutely - it's always going to be Ewood to me no matter what. If it gets us an extra 6-7m quid per year then it's fine by me. As long we don't end up with something ridiculous like Kit Kat Crescent (York) or the Booze Buster Stadium (Witton Albion) bring it on. Stadia renaming is something that's happening everywhere now and if our new owners want to achieve growth (cos that's what it's about) then they'd be daft not to at least consider it.

I think Tata Steel would be fitting. Plus Tata are flippin MASSIVE, growing, and don't conflict with Venky's interests. I imagine it'd be advantageous for Venky's to associate themselves with a group of that size too...

They even have blue and white branding! http://www.tatasteeleurope.com/en/

I've no objections to renaming and to be honest I doubt Jack would have... he was a business man. And as several have already said it'll always be Ewood to us.

Any other suggetsions folks... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_of_India

Sam's comments were quite interesting over the weekend - said he wants to spend 3-5 hours talking in detail with the new owners, on how in his view, we can now improve the football club.

He mentioned more backroom/support staff, improving the training ground along with new players obviously.

Also said during the takeover process there was one bidder who talked utter bu*lsh*t in relation to his big plans for the club - wonder who that was.... :rolleyes:

Sam's comments were quite interesting over the weekend - said he wants to spend 3-5 hours talking in detail with the new onwners, on how in his view, we can now improve the football club.

He mentioned more backroom/support staff, improving the training ground along with new players obviously.

Also said during the takeover process there was one bidder who talked utter bu*lsh*t in relation to his big plans for the club - wonder who that was.... :rolleyes:

People still think he was the best options. Crazy

Sam's comments were quite interesting over the weekend - said he wants to spend 3-5 hours talking in detail with the new owners, on how in his view, we can now improve the football club.

Sams body language is often fairly easy to read so will be interesting to watch him over the coming weeks...

I honestly believe we should try cracking India & Far East before we sell the naming rights...if we get big exposure over there then that will only rocket our value of our naming rights...especially if we have a better playing team by then.

100% agree Hughsey however they may be tempted to call it Venky's in the interim whilst they are building our reputation in Asia. Venky's will get the immediate advertising benefit but it will be easy for them to give that up later when/if a big bidder comes in for the more permanent naming rights.

The journo's love this mischief making stuff don't they. It's in almost all the morning papers today saying 'the locals won't like it' and there'll be 'trouble at mill'. It used to be call rabble-rousing, getting normally calm rational people to man the barricades and then profiting off the resulting copy.

I'm with the majority on here in that I'd rather the name be left alone - but if it makes sense for the club financially then I'd live with the addition of another name to go alongside Ewood Park. 20M and they can call it anything they want - everyone locally will call it Ewood just like before.

At the end of the day they are going to change something or why else bother to acquire us, clearly they think there are image improvements to be made. All the big no-no's have been written into the agreement, Jack's statue, the Jack Walker Stand, keeping the club in Blackburn etc., so a total 'no change' isn't really a fair ask. As long as they are sensitive and don't sell the rights to that BOGOFF salesman from Burnley we'll be OK.

Sam's comments ...

Also said during the takeover process there was one bidder who talked utter bu*lsh*t in relation to his big plans for the club - wonder who that was...

My money is on Jean Claude Darmon - his plans didn't go down all that well from what I heard (allegedly) :rolleyes:

Probably the most sensible outcome of renaming our ground would surely be to just incorporate 'EWOOD PARK' after the sponsors name.

Venky's Ewood Park Stadium

Air India Ewood Park Stadium

Tata steel Ewood Park Stadium

Why on earth would anyone be against the above?...we retain our grounds full name so everyone is happy.

LETS JUST HOPE IT PAYS!! :tu:

Probably the most sensible outcome of renaming our ground would surely be to just incorporate 'EWOOD PARK' after the sponsors name.

Venky's Ewood Park Stadium

Air India Ewood Park Stadium

Tata steel Ewood Park Stadium

Why on earth would anyone be against the above?...we retain our grounds full name so everyone is happy.

LETS JUST HOPE IT PAYS!! :tu:

I hope that is the case also. A completely corporate name would be unfortunate and unecessary.

Just a quickie. Have Venky's paid off the debt, or are they "servicing" the debt?

and.... the debt we've got, or had..... does this mean that the trustees have pocketed much of the money gained from selling players over the last three seasons - the three seasons that they stopped putting cash into the club?

I think people are beginning to see the additional potential revenue streams which are not too distasteful and can only help Rovers.

It does beg the question as to why these options have not been explored already.

If you like a little flutter, see what odds you can get at the bookies on ICICI Bank becoming the new shirt sponsor from next season !!!

Mmmmmm...makes one wonder eh Dennis!

I suppose some people wont see the point in asking these sorts of questions SG, but I think they're valid enough. So, my question is:

Apart from stopping funding over the past three years, did the trustees take money out of the club? I'm not accusing them of anything and I don't know the answer, but someone will.

I suppose some people wont see the point in asking these sorts of questions SG, but I think they're valid enough. So, my question is:

Apart from stopping funding over the past three years, did the trustees take money out of the club? I'm not accusing them of anything and I don't know the answer, but someone will.

I'm sure JW was on record stating that post 2007 the Trust did not give or take out any cash to/from the club.

The Trustees have never taken any cash out of the club as far as I am aware. That includes directors, management and legal fees and probably extends to not taking expenses either.

The exact details on the sale officially released by the club are here

The make-up of the VH payment is:

£20m paid to BRFCI for Rovers' shares, plus

£ 3m to be paid to BRFCI for Rovers' shares over the next 3 years

£10m already paid into the Rovers to improve the business

£ 5m to be paid into the Rovers in the next 15 days

£16m to repay the overdraft

£54m total.

Anuradha Desai talking about the future with a couple of mess-ups from the local reporter.

The Trustees have never taken any cash out of the club as far as I am aware. That includes directors, management and legal fees and probably extends to not taking expenses either.

The exact details on the sale officially released by the club are here

The make-up of the VH payment is:

£20m paid to BRFCI for Rovers' shares, plus

£ 3m to be paid to BRFCI for Rovers' shares over the next 3 years

£10m already paid into the Rovers to improve the business

£ 5m to be paid into the Rovers in the next 15 days

£16m to repay the overdraft

£54m total.

Anuradha Desai talking about the future with a couple of mess-ups from the local reporter.

So the debt has been paid off by Venky's, Philip?

The reason I asked the other question, is that the club made a large surplus on transfers in/out during that period, so if it wasn't used to pay off the debt, then how is it accounted for?

Archived