BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Badge

pk1875

If you genuinely believe the above, then I suggest you ask around a little more. IMO they are very good at dishing it out, however not so great when they are on the receiving end.

Go on then, tell me something I'm not aware of.

How have they been dishing it out and who to?

You have the opportunity to alter my opinion of the action group

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you genuinely believe the above, then I suggest you ask around a little more. IMO they are very good at dishing it out, however not so great when they are on the receiving end.

Correct. If my memory serves me right, a lot of them threatened legal action.

In my opinion, they're a waste of time. Have protests week in week out wanting Venky's out, yet when they actually turn up, they were nowhere to be seen. It was left for ABBEY to deal with!!

I have said this all along, THE only group with credibility in my eyes is the Official Fans' Forum.

A point that I may add, and this might flatter Wayne Wild a little, is the difference himself (one of the main men behind the BRST) and Glen (one of the men behind BRAG). Wayne comes across a lot more professional and the whole group itself, along with the key leaders have conducted themselves in a very professional manner. In my opinion, the same cannot be said about BRAG. I personally feel they lack the professionalism and this I believe is down to key individual's not having the relevent experience.

All this is my opinion of course, so feel free to slaughter me!

Go on then, tell me something I'm not aware of.

How have they been dishing it out and who to?

You have the opportunity to alter my opinion of the action group

I don't know what you ARE aware of in the first place, so wouldn't know where to start with that point. I'm not here to change your opinion of the BRFCAG, I was merely pointing out that they have form for 'crying wolf' once to often and that the more they continue to do so, the less of an effect it will have.

I don't know what you ARE aware of in the first place, so wouldn't know where to start with that point.

I'm not aware of any occasions whereby the AG have 'dished out' verbal or physical threats as your post seems to imply.

Could you give me some examples of them doing this

I'm not aware of any occasions whereby the AG have 'dished out' verbal or physical threats as your post seems to imply.

Yes I could, however as they involve people other than me (although I have been on the receiving end) it wouldn't be fair to drag something up that they may rather forget...

I believe he is refering to threats of legal action.

As a Member of the Trust, also a pledger and a Season-Ticket Holder I decided that the Action Group were the right vehicle to press for the Venky's to sell up, as they were becoming toxic.

So I joined the AG in November. Apart from the welcoming email and a Happy New Year email I have not received anything...do not know where the Pack went. But no matter, my real point is that IF they sent me a weekly or monthly email asking my current view on the direction of the Group,my opinion on current issues eg new Manager,the 'snowball',joining the Trust etc etc I would definitely respond. Now maybe 10% of the membership would also respond and the AG could publish the results.

Instead I cannot see the ACTION Group being active. And I respect the amount of time and effort put in over the last 2 difficult years.

Anyway, to bring the topic back to its original point, has anybody who buys the LT read any coverage or indeed seen anything from groups other than the franchise website, Vital Blackburn, and the Fans Forum?

A second attempt in just over 12 hours to try and get this thread back on track - with the match just over 4 days off, has anybody who reads the LT seen any further coverage since the launch a week last Monday?

Hardly abuse if you mean on here. Even at matches I've seen various committee members (dunno who they are NOW, but originally) give more than they get.

Surely you must know who they are, To be able to identify them as Committee members.

Ohhh, it's getting tasty.

Surely one thing we can all agree on is that BRAG are embarrassing. Even BRAG must be able to see that, even if they are trying their best. Very naive and the PR leaves a lot to be desired.

And that's before you get to the content of their actions.

A second attempt in just over 12 hours to try and get this thread back on track - with the match just over 4 days off, has anybody who reads the LT seen any further coverage since the launch a week last Monday?

I read the LT and no, I haven't seen any coverage of it whatsoever. I tried explaining the "back the badge" campaign to people who don't go online and to be honest they didn't get it. Saying that though I struggled to explain it because I don't fully understand what it is about myself.

In my opinion any campaign to get fans on side needs to come from the club.

Is that what back the badge is about ? Getting fans to back the team ?

Or is about going to the game to show Venkys that people are staying away because of the way they are running the club..and by going to the game it shows an act of unity to show why people are staying away ....

See..I told you I didn't get it.

Agree with you Plastics. That is why my previous post in this thread, I highlighted the knowledge and expertise of Wayne Wild and co, and compared these to the inabilites of BRAG. In my opinion, there press releases can be easily manipulated by other sources of media. If they try to put a certain point across, due to the inital press release not worded correctly, the media manipulate this and in turn use it against BRFC and generalise their opinion to ALL fans.

I often see this trotted out and I'm not sure I agree. It's often a long distance fan comment - perhaps borne out of guilt or a subconscious need for validation, I don't know.

A supporter who doesn't go to any games is just as much of a fan as one who goes to every match home and away? How can they be? Where is the emotional investment after shouting yourself hoarse? The sense of victory when you catch the eye of an opposition player who you've just 'assisted' in getting a yellow card thanks to your passive aggressive reaction? The financial loss making the pain of defeat more acute? How can you 'be the 12th man' if you aren't there?

I'm a season ticket holder and acknowledge that there are supporters who are more fanatical than me.

It doesn't make them a better human being than me or mean I can't have an opinion but are we equal as fans? I don't think so.

Why should anybody have any guilt for not living in Blackburn or the surrounding area?

Do you go to all the away matches? After all transport for that is subsidised.

Trying to get this thread back on track. Watching rovers play away is also backing the badge.

Emotional cost. You think somebody not at the match does not hurt as much when Rovers lose.

Financial cost. My wife and i are both rovers supporters. For us to attend one match it is nearly £500 between us. Travel, accomodation, wages, match ticket, food. Does that make me a better fan than somebody who has paid £250 or whatever it is for a season ticket - of course not. We also have a tendency to come to blackburn when there are two home games close together.

We come up to Rovers more times than I say on here. We also go to what away matches we can.

What is backing the badge? Is it not supporting your team through thick and thin from wherever you are. If you can attend, great if you cannot, so be it. If I can't get to a match, I listen on roversworld.

I think it is a confidence killer for the players to come out to a packed ewood park v ipswich - win the match - then come out to a half empty stadium the next home match. Watching clips of championship matches on TV. Apart from grounds such as Leeds, Brighton and one or two others - most grounds are half empty. Which imo nullifies the visual effect of any boycott. But I understand why those who are boycotting are doing so.

I also believe the appointment of Appleton and him being allowed to bring his own people in, is a good thing. Is this a sign venkys are getting their act together (yes I know we have been here before) who knows. Only time will tell.

IMO they are very good at dishing it out, however not so great when they are on the receiving end.

I believe he is refering to threats of legal action.

On more than one occassion I have been threatened with legal action. Each one treated with utter contempt. By more than one member.

Not you, what threats of legal action have the AG received?

Not you, what threats of legal action have the AG received?

Not heard of any legal threats going in AG direction. Not likely to either as I am not a member.

I read the LT and no, I haven't seen any coverage of it whatsoever. I tried explaining the "back the badge" campaign to people who don't go online and to be honest they didn't get it. Saying that though I struggled to explain it because I don't fully understand what it is about myself.

Or is about going to the game to show Venkys that people are staying away because of the way they are running the club..and by going to the game it shows an act of unity to show why people are staying away ....

IMO as I said in another post. The visual affect of fans staying away is dampened by empty grounds - apart from one or two - at other championship grounds.

Yes I could, however as they involve people other than me (although I have been on the receiving end) it wouldn't be fair to drag something up that they may rather forget...

In all fairness FR, I have to take that response with 'a pinch of salt' until I hear something concrete

Ohhh, it's getting tasty.

Surely one thing we can all agree on is that BRAG are embarrassing. Even BRAG must be able to see that, even if they are trying their best. Very naive and the PR leaves a lot to be desired.

And that's before you get to the content of their actions.

There were ample reasons for the formation of brag. There was need for protests. But I did not agree with their method.

Then when they started saying folk were not real supporters because they did not agree with them or back them. plus other things that escalated from there. I became and remain opposed to them. There was a time I used to get PM's telling me to lay off brag. These days I get more telling me they understand where I was coming from.

But what is backing the badge. (trying to get this back on topic) it is not backing brag, but supporting the club through thick and thin, wherever you are. If you can get to matches, great. If not so be it.

In all fairness FR, I have to take that response with 'a pinch of salt' until I hear something concrete

That's fair enough and I can understand why you would take that approach, however I don't think it would be very fair of me to discuss private matters of individuals on a public message board. I'm sure that members/supporters of the BRFCAG feel that they have done a lot of good, however there is another side to them which and more people seem to be 'experiencing'.

Now something close to that could have been a good thing to organise. An appeal to all those who are staying away directly because of Venky's actions. A kind of look at what your missing and at the support we are capable of when everybody is pulling in the right direction.

It would be targeted at the boycotters specifically but made public so people can see what is being done and show that it isn't all protests and individual egos. Pick a game with cheapish tickets to improve your chances of selling more tickets and also encourage some who are worried about the amount they spend on Rovers now Venky's are in charge. It wouldn't be targeted at all fans, it wouldn't be lumping all fans together and it wouldn't be telling people what to do, more a suggestion. It would be a concise, non-threatening message to the owners and it would be advertised not as any form of protest, but as a celebration of Blackburn Rovers and an opportunity to cheer the lads on and hopefully mount a play off chase.

Thanks for rovers-rob. From my understanding, the idea is/was to show the current and any future potential owners that the fans will come out in numbers to support the team if/when the club if run in a correct manner.

Decent concept but as usual badly thought out, badly presented and rushed through with no thought given to the idea, other than from a point of view of within the BRFCAG 'bubble'.

Why should anybody have any guilt for not living in Blackburn or the surrounding area?

Do you go to all the away matches? After all transport for that is subsidised.

Trying to get this thread back on track. Watching rovers play away is also backing the badge.

Emotional cost. You think somebody not at the match does not hurt as much when Rovers lose.

Financial cost. My wife and i are both rovers supporters. For us to attend one match it is nearly £500 between us. Travel, accomodation, wages, match ticket, food. Does that make me a better fan than somebody who has paid £250 or whatever it is for a season ticket - of course not. We also have a tendency to come to blackburn when there are two home games close together.

We come up to Rovers more times than I say on here. We also go to what away matches we can.

What is backing the badge? Is it not supporting your team through thick and thin from wherever you are. If you can attend, great if you cannot, so be it. If I can't get to a match, I listen on roversworld.

PAFELL, this is an argument that I won't win, and don't expect to. I have given you my views and I stick to them.

As you seem to want to make this about me versus you (as to whom is the better fan) then, obviously if you go to the 23 away matches this season - or even every Rovers match played at grounds South of Watford, then yes, we are just about even.

However, the point I made was:

"A supporter who doesn't go to any games is just as much of a fan as one who goes to every match home and away? How can they be?"

Some people don't go to games because of the owners.

Some people don't go to games because of the old manager.

Some people don't go to games because of the league we are in.

Some people don't go to games because of the fans.

Some people don't go to games because of the cost.

Some people don't go to games because of a combination of the above.

Nothing that any two-bit fans organisation can say or do will increase attendance in any great deal. Some people have simply kicked the habit of going and it will be very hard to get them addicted to Rovers again. Results, good feeling and promotion is our best bet at attracting people back to Ewood, as is decreased whinging and whining of the situation we have now found ourselves in. Some fans and players need the ability to just @#/? deal with it and help get this team back on track - rather than courting and celebrating failures.

Archived