BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Badge

pk1875

A supporter goes to games and supports the club/team, a fan doesn't necessarily go to games but is still wrapped up in the fortunes of the club/team IMO

I've seen it both ways: "fan" (e.g. fanatical follower home and away) and "supporter" (e.g. buys merchandise), so I use them interchangeably.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A supporter goes to games and supports the club/team, a fan doesn't necessarily go to games but is still wrapped up in the fortunes of the club/team IMO

They are self-explanatory aren't they? A supporter supports the club (financially or tries to influence a positive outcome in some way) and a fan is a fanatic - someone extremely fond of something, but is only emotionally devoted to it. If you've bought the merchandise, you have supported the club, regardless of where you live.

PAFELL, this is an argument that I won't win, and don't expect to. I have given you my views and I stick to them.

As you seem to want to make this about me versus you (as to whom is the better fan) then, obviously if you go to the 23 away matches this season - or even every Rovers match played at grounds South of Watford, then yes, we are just about even.

However, the point I made was:

"A supporter who doesn't go to any games is just as much of a fan as one who goes to every match home and away? How can they be?"

I am just replying to your posts - not about you and me. I do not claim and have not ever claimed, to be a better fan than you or anybody else - because I am not.

I've seen it both ways: "fan" (e.g. fanatical follower home and away) and "supporter" (e.g. buys merchandise), so I use them interchangeably.

I agree. Just a matter of use of words to me.

"A supporter who doesn't go to any games is just as much of a fan as one who goes to every match home and away? How can they be?"

Maybe you could say that being a 'Fan' of a club and being a 'supporter' of a club are two distinguishable things!

Fan(imo)- somebody that simply follows the day too day happenings of the club with keen interest and is(most importantly)-emotionally invested in club.

supporter(imo)- somebody that supports the club by investing time(attending games regularly) and finance(match tickets/season tickets/merch)

you can be both or either 1 in varying degrees,(so its pointless getting into a peeing contest as there are too many variables!)

(sticky area is where people that live abroad or just too far too travel to home games regularly fit in, those that claim they would attend regularly if it was reasonably possible)

I'd consider myself to be a life long fan of rovers, but as I only attend a handful of matches a year, maybe only a part-time supporter, does any of this mean my opinion is worth any less then, no i don't think so. I know people(and im sure you will also) that have been season ticket holders most their lives and attend most home games even though they only have a passing interest in football in general and other than occasionally scanning the back of the LT don't even really follow rovers goings on(they basically go out of habit more than anything).

p.s. Its snowing (again!), Yea!!!

I also had several personally insulting/borderline abusive tweets from someone described as the Northern Ireland representative for BRAG after I made remarks about the organisation

I am quite happy these were on his own freelance basis and nothing approved by the organisation but When I mentioned them and re tweeted some of his nonsense someone else said "yes I got one calling me a "tw&t"

Hardly the type of individual who ought to be nominated as any kind of officer for them

I've personally seen tweets and pms sent to people from known brag/ag members(all be it in an unofficial capacity), basically calling critical non-brag members just irrelevant odd ball weirdos and not real fans.

(quite Ironic really, made me giggle when i saw them)

I've personally seen tweets and pms sent to people from known brag/ag members(all be it in an unofficial capacity), calling critical non-brag members just irrelevant odd ball weirdos and not real fans.

(quite Ironic really, made me giggle when i so them)

So who are the members you're talking about?

So who are the members you're talking about?

not important and it was months back, the messages i saw where pretty lame and clearly written on a whim, but it was all the proof i needed to know that brag is mostly made up of brainless sycophants that just hang of gm & close co's every word without question.

not important and it was months back, the messages i so where pretty lame and clearly written on a whim, but it was all the proof i needed to know that brag is mostly made up of brainless sycophants that just hang of gm& close co's every word without question.

Of course it's important, Unless it's just an excuse for you to have another dig at the Action Group,

Also and i speak for the majority of AG members, i am no brainless sycophant.

Of course it's important, Unless it's just an excuse for you to have another dig at the Action Group,

Also and i speak for the majority of AG members, i am no brainless sycophant.

ok, rumbled! your all saints.

(as if i'm going to give the name of a person that i've never actually met or spoken to personally because of a stupid facebook message he sent)

Is there actually any point to the last few posts ?

In some ways yes. Phillips post about dedicated fans lead the way in this lastest discussion. Do dedicated fans threaten legal action against another. Especially under this topic of back the badge. Folk being asked to back the badge by a group who have made threats etc by a particular group.

Other posts are about what is backing the badge?

ok, rumbled! your all saints.

(as if i'm going to give the name of a person that i've never actually met or spoken to personally because of a stupid facebook message he sent)

No we're not all saints, But if you're going to post something condemning the group, just show the proof to back it up, or don't post it.

• Backroom

No we're not all saints, But if you're going to post something condemning the group, just show the proof to back it up, or don't post it.

Given some of Glen's posts, please tell me you're being ironic ;)

brag member demanding to see proof to back up something said on a mb, hahaha(Now that really is ironic lol;) i've no proof available, the messages weren't sent to me i was just given a glance at them, it was months back and I'm free too 'condemn' who I like if i don't agree with there actions and motivations, i don't expect people to share my opinion(just have enough sense to form their own!)

You should of seen the texts Pamela Anderson sent me wanting to do all sorts ... Shoot I deleted them.

Pamela Anderson-Jesus you really are desperate(and stuck in the early 90s), there's much more attractive women Knockin about Blackburn than haggard old Pammy(stick too her 5 sisters cocker).

Archived