BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Badge

pk1875

Where was I slagging Brag off in that post?

1/ I do not know any other group that has threatened legal action against other supporters - Do YOU? As I have not heard of any. Happy to be corrected on that.

2/ There are many folk who are not members of brag or any other group who are passionate and dedicated supporters. I suggest many on here would agree with that.

As critical of brag as I am. I also do not believe they would make such a claim - be daft if they did.

Did the trust not threaten legals against someone at united fans meeting ? Seem to remember something about it .. Apologies if I'm wrong.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BRAG team are the most dedicated and passionate of Rovers fans.

based on your view. why is that your view? what makes them the most dedicated and passionate of Rovers fans????

what about people who go every home games and most away games for many seasons even through tough economic times are very dedicated and Passionate rovers fans???

BRAG have done good job so far on certain things but not everything!

alot of fans arent and dont want to be part of any group.

Is it really possible to say who is a more passionate and dedecated fan than somebody else? I do not believe it can.

How can it be judged? if we all had the same resources, lived in the same area and had the same commitments such as family, work etc etc etc then maybe. but that is not life.

Is a fan who goes to every home and away match more dedicated than somebody who comes 3 times a year from Norway or even further a field?

Most football supporters are dedicated to the clubs they support. Various circumstances prevent somebody not being able to attend matches. But it does not make them any less dedicated than somebody who does.

Correct.

All fans are equal, whether you attend every match or none.

There is no such thing as a 'super fan'.

Correct.

All fans are equal, whether you attend every match or none.

There is no such thing as a 'super fan'.

I often see this trotted out and I'm not sure I agree. It's often a long distance fan comment - perhaps borne out of guilt or a subconscious need for validation, I don't know.

A supporter who doesn't go to any games is just as much of a fan as one who goes to every match home and away? How can they be? Where is the emotional investment after shouting yourself hoarse? The sense of victory when you catch the eye of an opposition player who you've just 'assisted' in getting a yellow card thanks to your passive aggressive reaction? The financial loss making the pain of defeat more acute? How can you 'be the 12th man' if you aren't there?

I'm a season ticket holder and acknowledge that there are supporters who are more fanatical than me.

It doesn't make them a better human being than me or mean I can't have an opinion but are we equal as fans? I don't think so.

• Backroom

I often see this trotted out and I'm not sure I agree. It's often a long distance fan comment - perhaps borne out of guilt or a subconscious need for validation, I don't know.

A supporter who doesn't go to any games is just as much of a fan as one who goes to every match home and away? How can they be? Where is the emotional investment after shouting yourself hoarse? The sense of victory when you catch the eye of an opposition player who you've just 'assisted' in getting a yellow card thanks to your passive aggressive reaction? The financial loss making the pain of defeat more acute? How can you 'be the 12th man' if you aren't there?

I'm a season ticket holder and acknowledge that there are supporters who are more fanatical than me.

It doesn't make them a better human being than me or mean I can't have an opinion but are we equal as fans? I don't think so.

Just because you can't go to a match, doesn't mean you want Rovers to win any less than a fan at the game. What makes someone a fan is being desperate for your team to win every week. That's all a fan is. Even Jack Walker, who spent his millions, wasn't a super-fan. His spending was born out of what all fans want.

He wanted his team to win. That is all a fan is. Anything else doesn't matter.

You may know people who are more fanatical. But does that mean your support doesn't count as much?

Just because you can't go to a match, doesn't mean you want Rovers to win any less than a fan at the game. What makes someone a fan is being desperate for your team to win every week. That's all a fan is. Even Jack Walker, who spent his millions, wasn't a super-fan. His spending was born out of what all fans want.

You may know people who are more fanatical. But does that mean your support doesn't count as much?

Good post.

I would have labelled myself fanatical in the 80s, a decade I will always be most fond of. Promotion at Bury, the Full Members Cup, I lived and breathed Blackburn Rovers but I was never a better supporter than anyone else.

I now choose away games only, for lots of reasons, but has my love for Blackburn Rovers diminished because I am not at every home game? No.

Did the trust not threaten legals against someone at united fans meeting ? Seem to remember something about it .. Apologies if I'm wrong.

No the Trust did not

You've just made up a new argument and written a post supporting that view. Of course all fans want Rovers to win.

Jack Walker wasn't a super-fan? Whatever that expression means. Maybe not but he certainly was Rovers' Greatest Supporter. He didn't get that title by sitting at home by the radio "wanting" us to win.

No idea to be honest Abbey. First I have heard about it if there was.

You've just made up a new argument and written a post supporting that view. Of course all fans want Rovers to win.

Jack Walker wasn't a super-fan? Whatever that expression means. Maybe not but he certainly was Rovers' Greatest Supporter. He didn't get that title by sitting at home by the radio "wanting" us to win.

Jack Walker was a fan just the same as all us. He was in the position to DO more in a financial sence. I think many of us on here, if they had the wealth Jack had, would have done what he did for the club. Jack Walker was a terrific bloke who was able to support the club in a way none of us on here could or can do.

He is was though a fan who deserves the gratitude that fans give him. He did not have to do what he did. Thankfully he did.

Great bit of misinformation though Abs! Where did that come from?!

Anyway, is it true about BRAG taking legal action against another fans group or has that been made that up? I do hope that's incorrect. Can anyone of the 8,000 BRAG membership clarify this please? After all I presume you were all consulted first. (If it has been made up will there be legal action taken?)

Rather like the vote on whether BRAG should back The Trust. When is that announcement again?

I had a tweet from a BRAG person Id never actually heard of threatening legal action about a few homogenous semi-humorous disparaging comments directed at the concept, not a particular person, I made saying Back The Badge was a non-starter as far as I was concerned

The 8,000 must have been consulted over a period of about 20 minutes

The depth of legal understanding seemed to be about on a par with the general handle on grammar, punctuation, syntax, spelling etc..

Does your MP consult you about every vote he participates in, in the House of Commons?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

I think the general point trying to be made is that there only seems to be a particular fan group who throw these threats of legal action around, almost like confetti. I would imagine that the more the threats are thrown around, the less seriously people take both the threats and particular group.

A sad reflection of the times (as rovers fans) we seem to be living in right now...

I think the general point trying to be made is that there only seems to be a particular fan group who throw these threats of legal action around, almost like confetti. I would imagine that the more the threats are thrown around, the less seriously people take both the threats and particular group.

A sad reflection of the times (as rovers fans) we seem to be living in right now...

I think there's only one group that's subject to verbal and physical abuse

or are we talking legal threats over different issues?

• Backroom

I think there's only one group that's subject to verbal and physical abuse

or are we talking legal threats over different issues?

Hardly abuse if you mean on here. Even at matches I've seen various committee members (dunno who they are NOW, but originally) give more than they get.

• Backroom

No.

I asked for a simple yes or no.

But the question ISN'T a simple yes or no question. BRAG are a committee speaking on behalf of many thousands of fans but think they speak for only 8000 (and even then they speak on behalf of 50 emailing batmen).

An MP is voted in by the majority of his constituents to speak on behalf of all of us. If you vote then you sign up to that. I didn't sign up for BRAG to put poorly worded statements in Newspapers on my behalf nor did however many Rovers fans there are in the world (minus 8000).

Am I backing the badge for not jumping ship and continuing to support Rovers through all of this? Or am I a Venky apologist who is encouraging Rovers' downfall by not standing up to those in charge?? Can I wear what I want on Saturday and sing if I want?

I just don't know anymore :wacko::blink:

Archived