BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Badge

pk1875

In terms of statements, I'm beginning to think that the only difference between the Action Group and the Fans Forum is that the FF have more articulate politicians within their committee.

A very carefully worded snub, IMHO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_of_Rivals:_The_Political_Genius_of_Abraham_Lincoln

Our FF should be made up of the main protagonists (antagonists?) from each of the current main groups (Action Group, current FF, Ewood Blues) - with someone a bit special (unaffiliated) to manage the process.

I think the FF's statement reflects the majority view on this site and, IMHO, most Rovers fans.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those without Facebook access, this is the FF statement: -

"Further to the recent initiative by the Blackburn Rovers Action Group, the Fans Forum, who have been representing supporters' concerns to the club for the last 14 years, respects the right of every supporter to decide when and why they choose to attend or not to attend matches.

As a Fans Forum we would all like to see as many supporters attending matches on a regular basis supporting both the players and manager. Hopefully the recent progress seen under Gary Bowyer and Michael Appleton will help contribute to that outcome, starting with Bristol City on Saturday."

• Backroom
I think the FF's statement reflects the majority view on this site and, IMHO, most Rovers fans.

Agreed. My stance is simply hoping crowds pick up. I'll go when I can afford to, not when the AG tries to dictate, which is unfortunately how this BackTheBadge campaign comes across.

Actually, Stuart, that's what the FF is, except for the absence of the Action Group, who have declined several invitations to join.

So try again, try harder. Both groups!

But the person bringing the groups together - from the fan side - needs to be impartial, strong, and respected by all parties. If things are likely to spill over into personal abuse then it's never going to work.

Provided the Action Group are allowed to continue to offer their views and not be expected to assimilate.

How can this be achieved? Glen, is the timing right to try again? If not, when will it be right?

But who would get all the imaginary credit?

Yes, saying he hopes the fans will return is the most obvious PR I've ever heard, he can't really want it.

How cynical are you?

when a team is working well together, claiming credit for individuals becomes redundant

when a team is working well together, claiming credit for individuals becomes redundant

Ideally, yes, but if the team is working well then groups like this aren't needed (past what we used to have in terms of fans groups - ie not groups that effectively actively demand partial control of the club and to be part of the managerial hiring process). It won't stop them trying to claim the credit now they've had their flavour of 'fame'. There's no going back for those groups now, they won't disband because of their inflated ego's, even if they become pointless down the line.

Ideally, yes, but if the team is working well then groups like this aren't needed (past what we used to have in terms of fans groups - ie not groups that effectively actively demand partial control of the club and to be part of the managerial hiring process). It won't stop them trying to claim the credit now they've had their flavour of 'fame'. There's no going back for those groups now, they won't disband because of their inflated ego's, even if they become pointless down the line.

no argument from me

He needs to back up his PR peddled rhetoric with results first.

Crap! As a new manager it's totally logical to want as many fans in the ground as possible, even the fans want that and as for results ffs give the man time, it's obvious he's making changes in many areas and the team is looking more competetive. With the shambles he inherited I reckon he's doing ok and I don't see the logic of sneering "PR peddled rhetoric" at his hope for the fans return but when BRAG asks the same thing (for one chosen game) it's fine,I can understand Appletons request but not BRAGs although I'd love to know what their 8000 members think.

For those without Facebook access, this is the FF statement: -

"Further to the recent initiative by the Blackburn Rovers Action Group, the Fans Forum, who have been representing supporters' concerns to the club for the last 14 years, respects the right of every supporter to decide when and why they choose to attend or not to attend matches.

As a Fans Forum we would all like to see as many supporters attending matches on a regular basis supporting both the players and manager. Hopefully the recent progress seen under Gary Bowyer and Michael Appleton will help contribute to that outcome, starting with Bristol City on Saturday."

I think that statement is pretty pathetic to be honest. Does the FF also want to state that they think Rovers fans should be able to wear blue AND white too?

Its just a very thinly disguised attack on BRAG.

We should be united as a group of fans, not divided about wether this means 1 game or many games. Its about as embarassing as watching some of the FF members asking for the owners autographs in Pune.

If this was an initiative by any of the other fans groups, people wouldnt be so demonising Im sure. It hasnt been handled as well as it could have been, as ive put in previous posts, but its surely not the worst idea in the world.

Would the FF like to make a public statement on how the club is currently being run?

Don't think this back the badge will be good after last nights fiasco

What fiasco is this? Have I missed something

Ahhhhh.......just read the transfer thread

Think the campaign should be scrapped, the only good thing about watching rovers was rochina but since him and every other creative played has been culled what the point in going.

BORING BORING BLACKBURN BORING BORING BLACKBURN

• Backroom

I don't think anyone should criticise if the plan was scrapped I'm lieu of a new plan of action following the shambles of yesterday

I imagine the action group inbox will be busy today!

Think the campaign should be scrapped, the only good thing about watching rovers was rochina but since him and every other creative played has been culled what the point in going.

BORING BORING BLACKBURN BORING BORING BLACKBURN

What a knob.

And the point of this statement was what exactly.....

I think they were contacted by brag and have responded to the contact. Basically saying fans should attend matches if they want or not attend if they want. I read it as they do not want to turn an attendance at a match as a means of protest. which I agree with. Personal choice to go or not to go.

Personally I think it is a daft idea from BRAG. I would say the same no matter what group thought of it.

For this basic reason. Imagine rovers beating Ipswich in front of a packed ewood park. Everybody happy etc.

Then the next home match, fans go back to not attending. The players come out to a half empty ewood park. That would kill confidence in all the players. they would say to themselves, "what more can we do to win this lot over" etc.

If folk want to back the badge, do so. But do it as a rovers supporter not as a means of protest. Kean has gone, so that is history. I also think Appleton is a good appointment - but last night was bad in anybodys books. Appleton will know who is responcible - he will not forget.

Attendence and non attendance is not an affective way of protest at a sporting venue. Especially in this current financial situation the country is in. It is too easy to spin it anyway folk want to hear.

Archived