BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAZZA

ABBEY

Doubt Gazza will ever recover sadly. His problems go much deeper than just Alcoholism and they will always haunt him, he's had many dry spells before but even then he still remains an emotional wreck. I don't think it's a case of him just not wanting to help himself now, im sure he has tried occasionally but he's too messed up and probably too far gone now and has been for about 10 years. Tragic.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the first time Gascoigne has gone to rehab and I doubt it will be the last.

Lets hope you are completely wrong!

Shouldn't make too direct a comparison because they are both individuals but we should consider George Best being gifted a new liver before pickling that one too. Thats how hard the road back is and why so few manage it.

It can be done

• Moderation Lead

I think he's been on borrowed time for a while, it's sad, tragic and many other things but ultimately you can't help those who won't help themselves, regardless of the circumstances.

Guest Norbert

I'm no doctor, but I think the shock of withdrawl is probably making his organs have a bit of a fit, and he's in some danger. Whether he's 'close to death', or just feeling crap is anyone's guess.

All these stories make it sound like he'll be lucky to last the year, to be blunt.

I'm no doctor, but I think the shock of withdrawl is probably making his organs have a bit of a fit, and he's in some danger. Whether he's 'close to death', or just feeling crap is anyone's guess.

All these stories make it sound like he'll be lucky to last the year, to be blunt.

Alochol withdrawals CAN kill. It's the only withdrawal from addiction that can. Heroin withdrawal won't kill you booze can. It has to be managed very carefully for all chronic drinkers.

Guest Norbert

I didn't know that USABlue. So it sounds like the programme is more about easing off the booze than just cutting it out on a whim. Mind you, Alice Cooper just stopped one day.

I didn't know that USABlue. So it sounds like the programme is more about easing off the booze than just cutting it out on a whim. Mind you, Alice Cooper just stopped one day.

Amy Winehouse is said to have died because she stopped drinking too suddenly.

Guest Norbert

Can't stand that famous Edif Piaf song, the title of which I forget. One of the worst songs ever made. As for Winehouse, I liked a couple of her songs, but she did sound like a violated goose at times.

Archived