BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

I think Mourinho would have struggled to get this shower of Kean into the Prem; from what i've seen of the Championship you need pace and power to succeed,

sadly we lack both. Every time the ball went to our wingers last night we came backwards, i dont think we made the Bolton fullbacks run towards their own goal once. Another decent game for Jones but he shows how bad our team is if you're able to pass to a Blue & White shirt and put a shift in you look like a world beater, Also it's criminal that Markus Olsson can make a decent living from being a professional footballer the lad looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when in possession.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why'd you have to open your mouth, B&W Army? Mention the 'A' word and it's Katy bar the door, we'll be here all night.

Cos it's a lesson you never learnt Topman.

As you began the insults . Get over your love for him and blow it out your ass. :P

And yes Amarillo I was wary of mentioning the arrogant fat bugger but didn't contend with his wife having an account on here. It will be the last time I mention him as it still seems to be a dagger to the the heart for some

His dismissal was a dagger to the heart of BRFC matey. Looking pretty terminal at present I'd say.

Don't be shy give us the names of a few of the 'plenty' who you would like to have seen here.

As you began the insults . Get over your love for him and blow it out your ass. :P

And yes Amarillo I was wary of mentioning the arrogant fat bugger but didn't contend with his wife having an account on here. It will be the last time I mention him as it still seems to be a dagger to the the heart for some

Thats another fail then. I knew it would be when I asked the question. Don't worry plenty of numbskulls like you on here.

You need to start the dreaded thread again Jim, the one with the R word in it. We've got the smell of a relegated club again I'm afraid.

It's in the system somewhere. A couple of more defeats and it will be time to lift and dust.

My fault. I was only keeping you on your toes this morning...;)

I've no problem mentioning Big Sam. A very good, proven manager, who performed extremely well for us at a critical time. He's bound to get mentioned as it was the last time many of us could take the club seriously.

Ever heard of 'if it aint broke don't fix it'? I notice the above has become the standard answer from the massed ranks of the know nowt Facebook warriors these days. Is it too much to admit that you screwed up and that your opinion on fottball matters is worthless? Don't give us that crap about getting 'somone better' cos I can't remember the number of times that I asked people at the time to name a manager with more experience and a better record than Allardyce and one who would even consider managing BRFc given the financial situation at the time.

Don't be shy give us the names of a few of the 'plenty' who you would like to have seen here.

Tad harsh with the insults but apart from that cracking post and totally agree with it. There are no managers who have achieved success with small clubs on limited budgets in the premiership for coming up to 9 years, apart from Sam Allardyce. And there are only a handful who've done it for half as long, Pulis, Hughes, Moyes at a higher level, running out already. Laudrup doesn't count until he's done it for another 2-3 seasons, and given the hype surrounding the likes of Holloway and Coyle to begin with, thats by no means guaranteed.

The point is history states pretty strongly indicates that there aren't plenty of managers like Sam if you're talking about sustained success. There may be plenty who can do it for a year or 2, and plenty who can do it given money. But no money, and for a long time, there are barely any. So this rolled out excuse of those fans short-sighted enough to want Sam out simply doesn't wash. The biggest mistake wasn't who we replaced him with, it was replacing him in the first place.

I look forward to reading the exact same posts next month. And the month after that, and the month after that...

When you've finished flogging this well & truly dead horse, there's lasagne to be made!

I only comment when someone else brings it up, as do you. And to be honest I'm not really surprised the anti-Sam side of the argument are now resorting to telling the pro side to stop talking about it, or resorting to childish diversionary tactics about us being in love with him. Its what happens when one standpoint is proven wrong and the people who had it can't admit that.

Tad harsh with the insults but apart from that cracking post and totally agree with it. There are no managers who have achieved success with small clubs on limited budgets in the premiership for coming up to 9 years, apart from Sam Allardyce. And there are only a handful who've done it for half as long, Pulis, Hughes, Moyes at a higher level, running out already. Laudrup doesn't count until he's done it for another 2-3 seasons, and given the hype surrounding the likes of Holloway and Coyle to begin with, thats by no means guaranteed.

The point is history states pretty strongly indicates that there aren't plenty of managers like Sam if you're talking about sustained success. There may be plenty who can do it for a year or 2, and plenty who can do it given money. But no money, and for a long time, there are barely any. So this rolled out excuse of those fans short-sighted enough to want Sam out simply doesn't wash. The biggest mistake wasn't who we replaced him with, it was replacing him in the first place.

I couldn't agree more with the points you make. Getting rid of Big Sam was a huge mistake by Desai but, then again, what could we expect from a woman who clearly hasn't a clue about the business she bought. Sadly, I think both Bolton and Rovers will rue the day they parted company with Big Sam. One can't see either club regaining the same status as they enjoyed whilst he was at the helm. I certainly don't expect to see the Rovers back in the top flight any time soon let alone sitting comfortably in tenth in that League.

I only comment when someone else brings it up, as do you. And to be honest I'm not really surprised the anti-Sam side of the argument are now resorting to telling the pro side to stop talking about it, or resorting to childish diversionary tactics about us being in love with him. Its what happens when one standpoint is proven wrong and the people who had it can't admit that.

I don't caaaaare. You guys have got one note and you hit it at every opportunity. I've already destroyed the myth purporting Allardyce as the messiah before. I'm not in the mood to do it again.

Sacking Allardyce was just the tip of the iceberg where Venky's are concerned. Blathering about it ad naseam won't do anything to change that.

I don't caaaaare. You guys have got one note and you hit it at every opportunity. I've already destroyed the myth purporting Allardyce as the messiah before. I'm not in the mood to do it again.

Sacking Allardyce was just the tip of the iceberg where Venky's are concerned. Blathering about it ad naseam won't do anything to change that.

You obviously do care. If you didn't care, you wouldn't comment. Commenting to say I don't care stop talking about it, is a self-defeating statement. The evidence mounts year by year as Rovers head towards decades outside the premiership, and West Ham head towards as long as they want to keep Allardyce in it. So you keep trying to impose a cut-off point to the argument of a year or 2 ago, to disregard the ever-strengthening standpoint of the pro-Sam side and the ever weakening standpoint of yours.

I was shocked when SA got potted tbh, although I was under the impression the V's would replace him with someone better and throw some cash at the squad, :( Didn't really pan out that way though did it....

You obviously do care. If you didn't care, you wouldn't comment. Commenting to say I don't care stop talking about it, is a self-defeating statement. The evidence mounts year by year as Rovers head towards decades outside the premiership, and West Ham head towards as long as they want to keep Allardyce in it. So you keep trying to impose a cut-off point to the argument of a year or 2 ago, to disregard the ever-strengthening standpoint of the pro-Sam side and the ever weakening standpoint of yours.

Only a Samite deals in absolutes. ;)

The evidence mounts year by year as Rovers head towards decades outside the premiership, and West Ham head towards as long as they want to keep Allardyce in it.

Allardyce wasn't the only manager out there, there were people who could have come into Rovers and done as good as a job if not better. You would have to ask Venky's why instead of targeting that sort of manager they went for a complete novice. If Allardyce had been replaced by someone like Laudrup and Rovers had been successful it would have been a case of Sam who?

Some seem to be in the same mindset now. In that Appleton is the only one who can turn the club around

1 point per game average to back it up too :/

The alternative seems to be to sack him and appoint a new guy on the strict understanding that if he doesn't get results in the first ten games he too will be sacked. Four or five managers a season could be the norm if some had their way.

Poppy cock. Rovers need stability & direction if we sack another manager after 10 games the quality of candidates will drop again. People will be watching and beginning to believe we are poison chalice.

That was the point I was trying to make Maj. We need to stick with Appleton and give him time to try to rebuild the club even if it takes a year or two. As I pointed out yesterday the likes of Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee, Jim Smith and Howard Kendall all endured poor runs of results but they all did a decent job for the club long term. Too many people are taking a short term view with Appleton and I fully agree if we sack him nobody in their right mind would come within 100 miles of this club.

Archived