BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SFW? You've obviously forgotten Berg sent off very harshly at Ewood.... Sherwood sent off unfairly at OT ..... Sherwoods perfectly goal ruled out at OT .... Dunny's pen saved by a keeper who should have been sent off ....... Coles hand ball goal at Ewood ......... Parker decking Gally in the box at OT...... @#/? em! I've not a shred of sympathy for the plastics.

Irrelevant. I'm not a great lover of United but that was a crap decision tonight and ruined a good football match.

Gutted about the loss but still happy there are signs things can get better

Call me a Rovers Fan all you like but that's how I see it

Tom granted it sounds as if things were better tonight but we still couldn't score in a brothel before someone else and we have that great ability to concede sloppy goals. Looking at our fixtures and our record under Appleton, there is very little to be optimistic about. Berg had a very similar record (minus the FA Cup) and we justifiably demanded better results. Appleton should be no different.

This is by no means me saying he should go, but his record is very, very worrying. Relegation really is still a possibility.

You got the wrong guy here !

There have been too many Rovers Fans with heads in sand for last two years and I aint one of them !

Have taken enormous stick for it as well so at least please get your facts right.

I don't think you read my post correctly.

[EDIT] And in an on topic post; I don't have faith in Appleton, never really have. If you're going to let the players go that set us apart in this division at the expense of being solid at the back then you have to keep clean sheets. There is no excuse for playing Lowe and Murphy together in central midfield for so long either when it's clear that they're either too old or not suited to being in a 4-4-2. Lowe is a 4-5-1 central midfielder and Murphy is too with his legs completely shot. When Jones looks like a decent player in comparison you're in dire straights. He looked crap at Wigan. Welcome to 30 years of misery. And I'm an optimist by nature.

[EDIT 2] Just a note, I don't think we'll go down and I didn't even know the score today until half an hour ago; I didn't have the care to follow the game, so this isn't a reactionary post to a last minute loss.

SFW? You've obviously forgotten Berg sent off very harshly at Ewood.... Sherwood sent off unfairly at OT ..... Sherwoods perfectly goal ruled out at OT .... Dunny's pen saved by a keeper who should have been sent off ....... Coles hand ball goal at Ewood ......... Parker decking Gally in the box at OT...... @#/? em! I've not a shred of sympathy for the plastics.

Me too. Was it Gally that got up ended at O T ? I seem to recall it was Wilcox. Clearest penalty I saw all that season. Shame the referee's eyes were only painted on.

Tom granted it sounds as if things were better tonight but we still couldn't score in a brothel before someone else and we have that great ability to concede sloppy goals. Looking at our fixtures and our record under Appleton, there is very little to be optimistic about. Berg had a very similar record (minus the FA Cup) and we justifiably demanded better results. Appleton should be no different.

This is by no means me saying he should go, but his record is very, very worrying. Relegation really is still a possibility.

Feckin hell.

We have 45 points and probably need another 5 points to be safe.

Do you really think we can't get 5 points from the last 10 games in the Championship ?

If we can't, we do deserve to go down but it just wont happen.

I have to say I think Appleton's stubbornness to keep playing a basic 442 with seemingly no plan b is worrying for me.

Draw wouldve been a fair result. Lonegan was inspired. Campbell and Rhodes as a pairing doesn't convince me and our final ball and crossing are abysmal.

• Moderation Lead

Feckin hell.

We have 45 points and probably needanother 5 points to be safe.

Do you really think we can't get 5 points from the last 10 games in the Championship ?

If we can't, we do deserve to go down but it just wont happen.

Might need to hold you to that quote.

• Backroom

Fair enough but I feel better about losing without Orr and Murphy than I do losing with them!

By all accounts we were unlucky tonight, whilst unlucky isn't good enough I feel we can do enough to stay up and just get this season done with

Lord oh lord, your record of predicting matches gives me no confidence whatsoever.

Nothing personal, but stay away from the bookmaker's.

Nothing personal taken. :)

I haven't checked but I think I'm batting around 50% for Feb.and Mar.

And even if I'm wrong, so what? I'd rather have some optimism than pop pills duse to self induced depression.

You predicted us to have an unbeaten Feb/March Steve, this is no time to be patting yourself on the back pal :lol:

And we did win, some (including Arsenal away). So those of us who decline to throw in the towel are not completley deluded.

Rovers fans singing Muamba songs (not nice ones), well done morons :angry2:

I was stood near the corner where the 'nutters' congregate and didn't hear anything sung about Muamba. If they did, it wasn't totally obvious.

• Backroom

And we did win, some (including Arsenal away). So those of us who decline to throw in the towel are not completley deluded.

Being an optimistic Rovers fan is probably the height of delusion, to be fair.

Thought draw was fair result, if anything we edged it, but pretty close. Poor defending for the winner though.

Looked more solid tonight although I dont understand why Markus Olsson was full back, why we played a left footer on the right and right footer on the left wing. DJ di nowt again, we looked better with Bests cameo. Stewart was poor, thought we should have brought Bentley on along with Best.

• Moderation Lead

Thought draw was fair result, if anything we edged it, but pretty close. Poor defending for the winner though.

Looked more solid tonight although I dont understand why Markus Olsson was full back, why we played a left footer on the right and right footer on the left wing. DJ di nowt again, we looked better with Bests cameo. Stewart was poor, thought we should have brought Bentley on along with Best.

What I'd give for an ugly win....

Archived