BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

I volunteered to do this preview, but ive been so busy with work and a house move, that i just have not had enough time to think about this one.

However, we have played Bolton at what ever the name of their home grounds use to be known on 74 occasions, with Bolton winning 38 times, Rovers 17 with 19 ending in a draw.

Our Record there is not very impressive, and the fact that we have already lost to them at Ewood, will not see too many people looking at that game with much confidence. In recent years Bolton and Rovers have had players who have represented both teams. The likes of El Hadji Diouf, Djorkaeff, Kevin Davies. Sam Allardyce having managed both clubs as well.

From a form guide going into this game, Bolton sit in 6th place having won 3, Drawn 2 and only lost 1 of their last 6 games.

Rovers on the other hand in the form table sit in lowly 14th place with 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

Bolton's last game was a 1-0 win over Peterborough while Rovers were once again flat in losing 3-0 to Leicester. That 3-0 defeat will have done more damage to Rovers, as it meant that we will now struggle to make the playoffs. Bolton currently occupy 11th position with 45 points and 7 points off that coveted 6th position, with Rovers 1 place and 1 point behind

Top Goalscorers

Bolton - Chris Eagles 7 Goals

Rovers - Jordan Rhodes 19 Goals

Is it time to throw in the towel already? I dont think Bolton will be thinking about doing that, so in theory neither should Rovers. With 12 games to go, there are still enough points to pick up. However, its fair to say, that unless both Bolton and Rovers go on an unbelievable run, and hope those above slip up, its going to become rather difficult to make the playoffs. Rovers do have a cup 1/4 final to look forward to against Millwall, with a place in the semi final at Wembley looking increasingly like our moment to cherish during this rather forgetful season in the championship.

While we might not return on our 1st attempt, there are some good signs under Michael Appleton, despite some of the football in recent games not being up to scratch. Its now wait and see how it goes for the last 12 games. Can we do the impossible? Only Time will tell...

apologies once again, its not the greatest preview, and i dont have a Q&A with a Bolton fan, but i thought i would honour this preview as i did volunteer to do it

Thanks

I

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh i should have taken note of that stat Aggy.. wouldnt have seen many kids wearing Reeboks back in the 18th Century over there in Bolton :wstu:

'However, we have played Bolton at the Reebok on 74 occasions'

You might want to alter that statement ;)

Did the edit now :D

• Backroom

I think if MA is true to his word we will see a very different team in this match. Jones should start, ditto Henley. Orr or Rekik likely to be dropped... both are terrible. Ideally both would be dropped with Givet and Henley as LB/RB but for whatever reason Gael is now the antichrist as far as the club is concerned and it appears will never play again.

We seem to be going in opposite directions in the league at the moment but our respective form aside the play-offs are a major challenge for both of us so the result on tuesday could be a season-defining moment. Can we expect a big turn out from you boys on Tuesday?

Doubt it will be over 1.5k if that, so you lot will be able to work yourselves up into your usuall excitable lather about away followings Burnley style lol Of course forgetting some of the sheeite turnouts you've had at Ewood when ur all @#/? off :) The game should be a routine victory unless MA makes some huge changes. All a team have to do against us is work hard and they get a result. The normal team/tactics will see a 4-1 win for Bowton. Big changes and it will be a little harder, say 2-1 to notloB. Forgive my pessimism but ive just witnessed one of the worst first half games ive ever seen !

Doubt it will be over 1.5k if that, so you lot will be able to work yourselves up into your usuall excitable lather about away followings Burnley style lol Of course forgetting some of the sheeite turnouts you've had at Ewood when ur all @#/? off :) The game should be a routine victory unless MA makes some huge changes. All a team have to do against us is work hard and they get a result. The normal team/tactics will see a 4-1 win for Bowton. Big changes and it will be a little harder, say 2-1 to notloB. Forgive my pessimism but ive just witnessed one of the worst first half games ive ever seen !

The reason for enquiring about the expected following was purely about the type of atmosphere we could expect. I was sort of hoping for a bumper crowd and a some football to match but it appears that might not be the case. We leak goals but we've found some form in front of goal too so i'm not betting on a 0-0 scoreline, see you on Tuesday ;)

I could be wrong about the following, funny bunch Rovers you never know what to expect with our away following. However it won't be bumper and i doubt people are going to turn up in a jovial mood. Shame because these games can have a good atmo and be a good crack at times which is the way it should be of course.

I'd be very, very Suprised if we take anywhere near 2k.

I've been the Bolton away match every season, for years now, but I won't be going to this one and I won't be going to anymore games home or away for the rest of the season.

If the club feel the need to persistently play Murphy, then I feel the persistent need, not to attend games.

There's three going from my house but we're all tempted not to bother.

Atmosphere? I suspect it will be the quietest Rovers fans have ever been at the Reebok on Tuesday unless of course we somehow mange to go in front.

Our crowd generally have given up trying to lift the players

There's three going from my house but we're all tempted not to bother.

Atmosphere? I suspect it will be the quietest Rovers fans have ever been at the Reebok on Tuesday unless of course we somehow mange to go in front.

Our crowd generally have given up trying to lift the players

I must admit that it's with reluctance that I'm going after recent displays. I think it's impossible to lift some of these overpaid prima donnas that now fill the ranks of our squad. They deserve all the stick they get. I think Jones showed yesterday that you don't have to be brilliant to be appreciated you just need to try and look as if it matters to you. Sadly, the likes of Orr, Murphy and a good many more look as if the only thing that matters is the pay packet. Surely, Murphy's two year contract at £40,000 a week or whatever is the best pension plan going!

i'll be there, i do hope and pray MA drops Bradley Orr and Danny Murphy, they are a pair of male chickens. speaking of chickens, anyone know when our 30k p/w 4 year deal man Dickson is due back?

Archived