BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

I was lucky enough to get a ticket.

The biggest danger to Bolton is if Appletons public rollicking spurs us on. The biggest danger to rovers is if it didn't.

Well its exactly the same squad so they're going to have to be spurred on.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think that squad's too far gone to give a @#/?.

Home win is an absolute banker.

You are probably right - but the last time everyone thought that we beat Arsenal.

It is interesting - for players like Murphy there is a potential Wembley semi-final up for grabs (though must admit on Saturdays performance Millwall must be favourites) - for many of our players probably the only time they will get the chance to play there. Can this galvanise the players - or have the opposite effect - much may depend on how MA uses this.

I guess you just never know.

But getting done 3-0 at home to Peterboro at half-time ... that's the frigging limit.

I'm ready to go pop, 2.5 years of this @#/? now ... and counting. It's just too much. So I'm just as negative as can be now. I've forgotten what it's like to look forward to games.

Only consolation is that Kean did leave. If he was still here I'd be on suicide watch.

Just seen that limited numbers of tickets are available on the night. That will put rovers fans off from going. So if 500 to a 1000 rovers fans go over without tickets, are Bolton really going to turn fans away?

I know a 1000 seems optimistic given the recent crap form, but it's 10 miles away and 15 quid. Stranger things have happened. The cash turnstile queue at Huddersfield earlier on in the season was busier than the ticket queue.

I wouldn't fancy starting Gomes away from home in a Lancashire derby.

................ Kean

Henley . Dann . Henley . Givet

Pedersen Lowe Jones Stewart

............... Bentley

............... Rhodes

I'd go with that. I think Bentley could do a really good job in his old number 10 position. I don't think Gomes is mobile enough away from home.

Too true. Bentley must be in number 10 position.

Just seen that limited numbers of tickets are available on the night. That will put rovers fans off from going. So if 500 to a 1000 rovers fans go over without tickets, are Bolton really going to turn fans away?

Yep.

• Backroom

Hopefully the 5 changes will be:

Orr- Henley at RB

Rekik - Givet at LB

Jones - Murphy CM

Markus - Pedersen/Morris LW

Campbell - Gomes

Just what I was thinking. I'd have no complaints at all if the starting line-up incorporated all of the above changes.

this to me is Appletons make or break game...

this will signal where he stands at the club, and the decisions he can make

He HAS to follow through his comments after the weekends debacle...

he has to put out to grass the wasters, lazy-arses, and the never-has and never will-be`s

(murphy / orr / rekik / campbell all cannot start again for the Rovers)

failure to do this, he will loose the fans and the team

If I was Appleton I'd be playing

Kean

Henley Dann Hanley Markus

Bentley Jones Lowe DJ

JR Gomes

But it won't happen. Rekik is rubbish, Givets lost his mind, so why bother with an actual left back.

(murphy / orr / rekik / campbell all cannot start again for the Rovers)

failure to do this, he will loose the fans and the team

Bit of a daft comment. Campbell has shown numerous times he's good enough for this division. He's had a poor start but it would be wreckless to write him off after a few games in a very disjointed team.

Rekik probably needs a few games out but he is talented. Problem is that we don't really have any replacements, unless Givet can stop being mental for 90 minutes.

I would be surprised if he changes the formation from a 4-4-2. Henley coming in for Orr I think is a certainty, Jones if he is fit enough will play in Central midfield replacing either Murphy or Lowe. Bentley could get dropped, though we haven't been using him correctly so would he really be such a loss? I can't see him changing the options up front, even though that combination looks like it will never work.

Bolton have to be the favorites tonight, usually a draw away from home against a derby opponent would be a decent result. Considering our position in the league and current form we really need a win.

Archived