• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean

Henley - Hanley - Dann - Givet

Bentley - Lowe - Jones - MGP

Gomes

Rhodes

I wouldn't fancy starting Gomes away from home in a Lancashire derby.

................ Kean

Henley . Dann . Henley . Givet

Pedersen Lowe Jones Stewart

............... Bentley

............... Rhodes

I'd go with that. I think Bentley could do a really good job in his old number 10 position. I don't think Gomes is mobile enough away from home.

I wouldn't fancy starting Gomes away from home in a Lancashire derby.

................ Kean

Henley . Dann . Henley . Givet

Pedersen Lowe Jones Stewart

............... Bentley

............... Rhodes

I'd go with that. I think Bentley could do a really good job in his old number 10 position. I don't think Gomes is mobile enough away from home.

Not a bad shout re: Bentley. But I'm surprised you've both selected Givet. The guy's proved himself to be a loose cannon, and that is something that we do not need right now. I'm not saying that I'd be happy playing under Venky's for the length of time that Gael has, but he can't be trusted right now.

• Backroom

Guess it shows how poor our other options are, SR.

I personally don't rate Bentley LeChuck, think he's truly lost whatever spark he once had and nothing he's done so far since he's rejoined has convinced me otherwise. Gomes has real class and intelligence, he's one of the few people in the team I'd trust to link up play effectively.

I appreciate he might tire quickly, so maybe by the 60th minute bring on Bentley or DJ as fresh legs.

I think its vital that Markus Ollson is thrown on the Orr/Murphy bonfire, not from his lack of effort, but just because he is not a footballer in a million years. Pedersen is frustrating, but can deliver the killer ball in every so often, something that is never going to happen with Markus.

Does he suddenly lose the feeling in his legs away from Ewood's hallowed turf?

Hah...well, that's not quite what I meant, although I admit it does sound like that.

Away from home we're likely to have less possession and more defensive work to do, so mobility and stamina are more important. I think we might struggle to get a foothold in the game with Gomes there.

Hah...well, that's not quite what I meant, although I admit it does sound like that.

Away from home we're likely to have less possession and more defensive work to do, so mobility and stamina are more important. I think we might struggle to get a foothold in the game with Gomes there.

Nah, I get your point, Chuck. I still think you do Gomes a disservice. Home or away, we need a touch of class up front and he's already shown early doors that he can develop a good understanding with Rhodes. It's all well and good having players who can get about but if they keep conceding possession then what's the point?

Nah, I get your point, Chuck. I still think you do Gomes a disservice. Home or away, we need a touch of class up front and he's already shown early doors that he can develop a good understanding with Rhodes. It's all well and good having players who can get about but if they keep conceding possession then what's the point?

Well my theory was that Bentley wouldn't keep conceding possession. I do like Gomes I just worry that he's not a player to put into the situation we find ourselves in.

Fair play, old chap. I would be surprised if we see much more of Gomes from now until the end of the season, anyway.

He was told he was available for loan wasn't he?

He might yet get games, Appleton might not fancy Bentley for a central role, in which case he's only competing with DJ Campbell for a starting spot.

Very, very close to. Looking for around 4 tickets. If anyone is selling singles or whatever then please message me asap.

To be honest, I'm very surprised. I'd have thought we'd of took nowhere near the full capacity.

isnt it just half of the bottom tier thats close to selling out? more would be released if required?

isnt it just half of the bottom tier thats close to selling out? more would be released if required?

nope, it's the full lower. Obviously the upper is still available. Doubt we'd get it for the few single tickets though. So looks like complete sell out of the lower for tomorrow night.

nope, it's the full lower. Obviously the upper is still available. Doubt we'd get it for the few single tickets though. So looks like complete sell out of the lower for tomorrow night.

Rovers Twitter said just over 2,000 sold, lower tier holds around 2,800. Upper tier won't be opened.

Looks like they haven't asked for the extra allocation so i'd advise anyone going to pay on the night to get there early. If loads turn up (unlikely) then if it's full you might not get in :(

Archived