BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't even got a Burnley ticket and in all honesty I don't know whether I will. I can honestly say I'm not fussed either way, in terms of whether I attend that game.

Exactly the attitude we need for the derby, doubt you'll be missed at Ewood if you decide not to attend.

Got my ticket for the Breezeblock, share the lack of confidence on here at getting a result though. 3-1 Bolton.

Exactly the attitude we need for the derby, doubt you'll be missed at Ewood if you decide not to attend.

Got my ticket for the Breezeblock, share the lack of confidence on here at getting a result though. 3-1 Bolton.

Why would I want to pay £35 out of my own pocket to watch that kind of performance though?

Give me one good reason and just cause its burnley doesn't stand up.

I went yesterday and do you really think I want to pay to watch that kind of football again?

I know many people who aren't going, for their own principles. This isn't blackburn rovers anymore this is a team with no passion, desire, nothing.

I may not be missed, however when you accumulate it with the other maybe 6-8k who won't attend who usually would, I think that will be a miss.

Why would I want to pay £35 out of my own pocket to watch that kind of performance though?

Give me one good reason and just cause its burnley doesn't stand up.

I went yesterday and do you really think I want to pay to watch that kind of football again?

I know many people who aren't going, for their own principles. This isn't blackburn rovers anymore this is a team with no passion, desire, nothing.

I may not be missed, however when you accumulate it with the other maybe 6-8k who won't attend who usually would, I think that will be a miss.

Only 15 quid

Have always liked going to notlobs, went when they played at that rubbish dump that was burnden park, they allowed their fans into our uncovered area, bit of a fight after half time - took my son last season, muamba's comeback game, where Coco Keane'd it up big time - another big time capitulation. Far too many of these - wont be anywhere near, not sure i want to know the result till it's too late. MA has two games to sort this season out, win at Millwall, win at home to the befingered ones - and keep us up. End of.

• Backroom

Whilst it means nothing to our season now this game is huge

Well more to the point the lineup is huge, I'm more concerned about seeing who is on the teamsheet than the actual result

If the likes of Murphy and Orr aren't in there then it bodes well, if they are then I have no hope for next season and behind

• Backroom

Whilst it means nothing to our season now this game is huge

Well more to the point the lineup is huge, I'm more concerned about seeing who is on the teamsheet than the actual result

If the likes of Murphy and Orr aren't in there then it bodes well, if they are then I have no hope for next season and behind

Agreed. The starting line-up will say a lot about Michael Appleton, and is probably going to be the most interesting part of the game!

• Backroom

Kean

Henley - Hanley - Dann - Givet

Bentley - Lowe - Jones - MGP

Gomes

Rhodes

I'd set up like this and see how we go. I think Gomes would play better in the role behind the striker than DJ, who can come on when Nuno gets tired. It's a difficult choice between Pedersen and Marcus, but I go with MGP on the basis he has more quality than Olsson and has the ability to produce a great free kick or long-range strike on a rare occasion. Olsson offers nothing outside of pace and industry, which isn't really enough.

With a fully fit squad CKR and King would go on the wings, with maybe Leon Best playing behind Rhodes... but I assume these three will still be unfit/injured tomorrow.

• Backroom

Pretty much how I'd go DE, however we need all 11 to give 110% so I'd probably play Markus at LB (he's not the best but I just want commitment and desire on the pitch right now) as Givet wouldn't put a shift in. Either that or blood a youngster like Raheem Hanley.

I actually think if Givet sees Appleton changing things and putting faith in him he might perform. I appreciate it would be a gamble though, with Marcus you would at the very least be guaranteed industry if nothing else.

Won tickets for hospitality for this game.. not really looking forward to it after this weekends showing.

Be interesting to see if Appleton puts his money where his mouth is and drops Murphy and Orr - useless on Saturday IMO.

Henley created x10 more than Orr does when he came on, some good through balls and overlapping runs.

Surely the players want to put right what happened on Saturday.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league, as we know too well. A win would be great to take into the tough fixtures ahead.

Murphy not only shouldn't be selected but the captaincy should be stripped from him and given to whoever vice captain is (Scott Dann?) full time, he clearly doesn't give a flying @#/? about his team and it's rubbing off on other players. As for Orr, don't even get me started on that @#/?, if I see him on the pitch whilst I'm at a game I'll be going down to the touchline to give him dogs abuse.

Archived