BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just home, first away game since Huddersfield away so you can guess how I feel right now. Million times better than Saturday BUT its a results business and this result doesn't do too much to rebuild any hope IMO.

Thought a draw would have been fair, we slightly edged the game but to be brutally honest we didn't create masses. On paper we hit the bar twice and their keeper made a good save but I think both crossbar attempts were more from Hanley trying to flick the ball on to somebody else.

The lack of creativity is frightening from us, it is ALL hoof ball our average pass distance must be over 30yds and more often than not it doesn't reach any of our players. Jordan Rhodes lives off scraps and the crazy thing is he lives off scraps created by himself rushing the opposition, DJ Campbell and Rhodes want to play the same game so together we are effectively playing with 10. I was impressed with Jones, wasnt so impressed with Stewart to be honest he was pretty damn poor.

Their goal, just think of how many times we let somebody run towards our goal unchallenged and they place it in the bottom corner ... We have another for our collection. Pedersen didn't exactly cover himself in glory either with his "attempt" to win a header in the build up!

I didn't hear any Muamba chants but I was in the top tier, a little note to our fans though don't boo ex players or ex Burnley players as we more often than not end up conceding to them and they really enjoy it!

Frankly we deserve that 94th minute goal against us for the fans being such utter tools.

Glad we have lost.

What a pompous prick you are. You are taking hearsay as fact and saying you are glad we lost because of this. I never heard anything at all. In fact the Rovers fans where I was sat all applauded him. Your generalisation of the fans is pathetic.

Didnt hear any Muamba songs, but it did kick off big time at the end with seats being thrown! There was plenty of dickheads though, one stood behind us actually thought Murphy and Martin Ollsen was playing. As we left another idiot attacked some Rovers fans thinking they were Bolton fans-Total retards!

Just got back, unlucky to concede like we did, plenty of graft not much creativity although we hit the bar twice, I never heard any chants about Muamba tbh., all the Rovers fans near me were clapping him?

Is it just me or have we got poorer since Campbell came in?

We certainly looked better with Kazim in the team. Campbell has a decent record in the Championship but doesn't seem to fit the style we play or playing with Rhodes.

Like I said before the game usually a draw would have been a decent result looking at the fixture on paper, but we are in some dire form and look more likely to be involved in a relegation scrap than a promotion chase.

Pedersen was the worst player on the pitch by far. Kept getting caught out of position even from the early stages, deadballs were non-existant as usual. He really is a passenger. Offers us nothing at all. Why didn't Appleton change this at half time when it was blatantly obvious from the first whistle?!

Why didn't he bring Bentley on for Pedersen in the second half? He's the most stubborn person when it comes to making substitutions.

Appleton's supposed 'inspirational' bollocking obviously never worked. Far too many passengers and players go missing in large junks of our games.

We were dreadful tonight. No real game plan,slow counter attacking, unfit, shambles of a performance, how people can take positives from that abject performance is beyond me?! Hoof ball was our only option up top to an isolated Jordan Rhodes and a Dj Campbell who i never knew was on the pitch.

Jones was by far the best player on the pitch for us, it's a shame we will miss him this weekend.

Did anyone see what happened between the Rovers and Bolton fans at the end? All i saw was chairs, coins, bottles flying towards each other with alot of riot police running around the place. It's probably a good job the referee blew the whistle when he did, as something nasty was starting.

On the other hand, Surprised by the largeish following Rovers ended up taking. Sold the Lower, and Sold a few in the upper.

The end to this season really is going to be touch and go.

This is the problem with twitter and the like yet again. It's alive with our fans who were not at the game and fans of other clubs reveling in condeming us again about some non exsistant chanting that nobody keaning heard FFS. If something did happen it was obviously a handfull of boneheads but that's all but to condem all fans there and people say glad we lost because of it while im sorry but KEAN YOU ! Good support there tonight all things considered and sadly it always kicks off outside the breezeblock, usually courtesy of the Bolton lot.

We certainly looked better with Kazim in the team. Campbell has a decent record in the Championship but doesn't seem to fit the style we play or playing with Rhodes.

Like I said before the game usually a draw would have been a decent result looking at the fixture on paper, but we are in some dire form and look more likely to be involved in a relegation scrap than a promotion chase.

What we have again is a manager trying to play a style to accomodate his big signing i.e Campbell and it just isn't working. He needs to play off a target man if it's 442 and Rhodes just isn't one, infact Rhodes himself needs to play off one.

• Backroom

This is the problem with twitter and the like yet again. It's alive with our fans who were not at the game and fans of other clubs reveling in condeming us again about some non exsistant chanting that nobody keaning heard FFS. If something did happen it was obviously a handfull of boneheads but that's all but to condem all fans there and people say glad we lost because of it while im sorry but KEAN YOU ! Good support there tonight all things considered and sadly it always kicks off outside the breezeblock, usually courtesy of the Bolton lot.

Someone on twitter admitted singing it so obviously there were a few people doing it, nobody said It was a majority of fans

We have an idiot contingent in our fanbase but it is a minority thankfully (they just tend to rear their ugly heads when we go to Bolton)

Incredible that the focus is on some supposed Muamba songs which nobody heard when the Bolton fans managed their 10th-20th year in a row of assaulting Rovers fans outside the ground. Granted it seemed tonight there was more giving as much as they got from our fans but that doesn't excuse the abhorrent behaviour of their thugs. Every single year it kicks off outside their ground and every single year its their fans moving round the stadium to confront ours. Its pretty obvious they see us as their grudge match, bunch of total morons in my opinion who could easily rival Burnley for their enthusiasm for violence.

Someone on twitter admitted singing it so obviously there were a few people doing it, nobody said It was a majority of fans

How do you know that:

a. he's actually a Rovers fan &

b. he's not just trollin'?

Don't dispute that every club has its wazzocks, though.

Didn't see tonight's game but any Rovers fan would be able to tell you that the likes of Orr and Pedersen are absolute liabilities, in Pedersen's case that has been the situation for many seasons. It seemingly took Berg a day or two to suss those two out so why has Appleton brought them back in from the wilderness and why does he persist with them? It beggars belief and it's no wonder results have suffered accordingly.

The other glaringly obvious thing about the team at the moment which ought even to be apparent to our old friend the blind man on a galloping horse is that Campbell and Rhodes are exactly the same sort of striker and can't play together, albeit that Campbell has the merest fraction of Rhodes' ability.

The final thing which I think is of great concern is the quality of player Appleton has been seeking to bring in. Campbell is a far poorer player than both Rhodes and Best imo. Bentley like Pedersen has been extremely poor for a long time now. Stewart does not set the pulse racing and Rekic is I'm reliably informed a right footed centre back who we've been attempting to employ at left back. Only Jones would seem to represent any sort of improvement on players already at the Club.

As others have mentioned, thank god Kean and later Bowyer took 21 points from ten games combined otherwise things would be looking extremely grim right now.

We held our own away from home for 94 minutes against a team that was in the PL last year and are unbeaten in their last 7 including winning 4 in a row. If the whistle had gone at 94 minutes it would have been a good performance and result. One last ditch shot that crept in and you lot go in to meltdown.

It must be hard living your life in such a reactionary manner. We're no more doomed now than we were destined for the play offs when we beat Arsenal. Fact is we're an average Championship team left by the mistakes of previous management. It's going to take some time to sort that, just like it did with Souness.

We held our own away from home for 94 minutes against a team that was in the PL last year and are unbeaten in their last 7 including winning 4 in a row. If the whistle had gone at 94 minutes it would have been a good performance and result. One last ditch shot that crept in and you lot go in to meltdown.

It must be hard living your life in such a reactionary manner. We're no more doomed now than we were destined for the play offs when we beat Arsenal. Fact is we're an average Championship team left by the mistakes of previous management. It's going to take some time to sort that, just like it did with Souness.

but Appleton isnt Souness and Venkys arent JW

Well after waking up again to another last minute goal conceded is a real kick in the teeth. I thought we were ok last night and it could've easily been ourselves grabbing a last minute winner.

One thing that does concern me is that we still don't have a plan to bring the best out of Rhodes. I don't think DJ Campbell can play up with him as they are similar sorts of players. Hopefully Best will be fit to start soon.

I thought David Jones was very good.

I didn't hear any of the chants mentioned and for philipl to say we deserved to lose because of them is just a pathetic comment. Every club has an idiot minority so by your thinking every team would finish on zero points.

Quite a large proportion, for some baffling reason, thought Campbell was a good signing.

For all my alleged miserablenessv at least I can sleep at night knowing that I thought Campbell and Appleton were crap from the off and didn't change my mind like the wind changes direction :D

Archived