BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the loyalty/stupidity of football fans ensured such a decent number of away supporters. The game on the whole like so much of this season was painfully boring to watch, it does beggar belief at times that you have to pay to watch such a thing.

That being said we probably didn't deserve to lose the game, a draw would have been a fair result as the old saying goes both teams were as bad as each other. If anything we had the best chances in the game with us brushing the framework on two separate occasions. Quality really was low but for me Hanley stood out once again as one of our better players, clearly our best player of the second-half of the season thus far for me. Jones was also decent in midfield surely offering a lot more than Murphy would have there.

Bit of a Hollywood ending with the Dingle scoring from more or less the last kick off the game and celebrating like he'd won the World Cup or something. One bright spark is that I can't see Notlob making the play-offs playing like that every week.

I think hindsight shows that it was an utterly daft thing to say.

The warning signs were there, but some people chose to ignore them.

It's no more utterly daft than it is to suggest all managers should be judged by Kean's standards.

Appleton has inherited the biggest pile of @#/? in recent memory. Kean inherited a top 10/12 PL team. See the difference?

If we're not in the promotion hunt in October serious questions will need to be asked. For now, we need to wait.

Appleton has inherited the biggest pile of @#/? in recent memory. Kean inherited a top 10/12 PL team. See the difference?

How then did Bowyer manage to get the team motoring within just a couple of days? The team and balance of the squad fielded by Bowyer was plenty good enough to compete at this level imo. Whatever Appleton might say to cover his own back.

How then did Bowyer manage to get the team motoring within just a couple of days? The team and balance of the squad fielded by Bowyer was plenty good enough to compete at this level imo. Whatever Appleton might say to cover his own back.

A couple of games? Appleton beat Arsenal away. You can't base anything on what Bowyer achieved its just not a large enough sample of data to draw any reliable conclusions. We beat Peterborough 4-1 under Berg remember.

Bowyer was in charge for 5 games. Appleton beat Bristol City, Ipswich, and Arsenal in the space of 4 games. Albeit, in the cup/league. However, as T4E said, the sample is not big enough to judge Bowyer by.

By what you're saying Rev, we should have stayed with Kean in charge as his team was good enough to compete at this level, we were top at one point.

Yes Gary did a good job over a short period but he himself said he didn't want the job and the performance against Bristol City in the Cup was far from perfect. Gary would have been faced with the same problems as Appleton but as a caretaker manager he may not have been allowed to ship out players on loan - something which badly needed to be done. The fact that Appleton is the fifth guy to occupy the manager's position in a matter of months would suggest that the problems with the squad are going to take more than a few months to sort out. I would agree that some of the loan signings we have made are far from impressive but I suspect this is the market that we are now dealing in due to the money we must be losing on a weekly basis. Sadly, times have changed and we would appear to be back where we started before Jack put his money into the club.

What happened to the majority banging on (during the Kean and Berg era's) about how this squad was good enough and just needed someone competent to organise it??

I was one of them. I don't think anyone could have realised just how much apathy had taken hold within the squad. Thankfully Appleton seems to have realised now.

• Backroom

Whilst grateful for Bowyers run I've always thought its been a bit overplayed

Forest was a great win but a bit fortunate in that we were pretty poor first half but they didn't take chances (I'd say we were as bad as we were against Millwall and Charlton but the latter two both scored ridiculous goals)

Barnsley and Bristol city were both appaling teams at the time

Wolves away was no better than most away games we were outplayed for the most part

As I said grateful for the points he got on the board but nothing to suggest he would be a long term answer

What happened to the majority banging on (during the Kean and Berg era's) about how this squad was good enough and just needed someone competent to organise it??

Well personally I still maintain that. On their records Kean, Black, Bowyer, Berg and Appleton are a pretty sorry collection of novice managers. And out of those 5, 2 managed promotion form with the squad, 1 managed play-off form, 1 mid-table and 1 relegation. Which would imply that if we actually appointed a good manager, the squad would have no problems in challenging for promotion. Course we'll never know because Venkys seem to have a problem with doing that.

To be honest the players said that in the media about every manager we have had this season.

Fair point but from what I've seen so far this season our best performances were under Bowyer, without a shadow of doubt.

Forest was a great win but a bit fortunate in that we were pretty poor first half but they didn't take chances (I'd say we were as bad as we were against Millwall and Charlton but the latter two both scored ridiculous goals)

Wolves away was no better than most away games we were outplayed for the most part

As I said grateful for the points he got on the board but nothing to suggest he would be a long term answer

Bang on the money for me, this.

didn't hear any muamba songs, but it certainly was dickheads day out tonight!

This is the main reason that I don't travel to away matches (dismissing players for no good reason and thereby denying supporters a proper contest being the other). I don't believe I'm a snob but I can't stand being even close to those ignorant knuckle draggers.

Spot on.

We havent played well all season, thats mainly down to a lack of quality.

Removing Allardyce was fine by me as long as he we replaced by somoene better (there are plenty) but sadly that decision was fooked up too

Ever heard of 'if it aint broke don't fix it'? I notice the above has become the standard answer from the massed ranks of the know nowt Facebook warriors these days. Is it too much to admit that you screwed up and that your opinion on fottball matters is worthless? Don't give us that crap about getting 'somone better' cos I can't remember the number of times that I asked people at the time to name a manager with more experience and a better record than Allardyce and one who would even consider managing BRFc given the financial situation at the time.

Don't be shy give us the names of a few of the 'plenty' who you would like to have seen here.

Why'd you have to open your mouth, B&W Army? Mention the 'A' word and it's Katy bar the door, we'll be here all night.

No bloody wonder! Everybody makes mistakes and thats why they put rubbers on the end of pencils BUT people who refuse to learn from them are beyond redemption.

Ever heard of 'if it aint broke don't fix it'? I notice the above has become the standard answer from the massed ranks of the know nowt Facebook warriors these days. Is it too much to admit that you screwed up and that your opinion on fottball matters is worthless? Don't give us that crap about getting 'somone better' cos I can't remember the number of times that I asked people at the time to name a manager with more experience and a better record than Allardyce and one who would even consider managing BRFc given the financial situation at the time.

Don't be shy give us the names of a few of the 'plenty' who you would like to have seen here.

As you began the insults . Get over your love for him and blow it out your ass. :P

And yes Amarillo I was wary of mentioning the arrogant fat bugger but didn't contend with his wife having an account on here. It will be the last time I mention him as it still seems to be a dagger to the the heart for some

Archived