BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Rhodes be dropped?

At 40 grand a week he should start every game and never be tired ... I've worked every hour I can these past 12 months just to keep the wolves from the door and I ain't earned anywhere near what he earns in a week .

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but we shouldnt be if he was fed the ball proper and not by a long punt upfield for him playing on his own..how many would he get ? hes a natural born goal scorer

He is, but that's not being denied. He scores goals at this level and always will. The discussion is about how his shortcomings affect the overall team performances. After all, it.s no good Rhodes scoring every other game, if the team is toothless for the other 89 minutes of every game and losing.

He is, but that's not being denied. He scores goals at this level and always will. The discussion is about how his shortcomings affect the overall team performances. After all, it.s no good Rhodes scoring every other game, if the team is toothless for the other 89 minutes of every game and losing.

so by dropping JR WTF is going to put the ball in the back of the net ? super Danny Murphy ? your having a laugth

so by dropping JR WTF is going to put the ball in the back of the net ? super Danny Murphy ? your having a laugth

So your answer is to carry on regardless? Let me guess, the answer is to create even more chances for Rhodes and hope he can score 50 goals this season, next season and the season after.

So your answer is to carry on regardless? Let me guess, the answer is to create even more chances for Rhodes and hope he can score 50 goals this season, next season and the season after.

I'd hazard a guess that if Rhodes gets another 28 goals this season we'll stay up.

This thread is amongst the most retarded threads on this site; an achievement in itself. The question, if I understand it correctly, was since we are in a relegation dogfight, should we drop the bloke who had/has scored over 20 goals by March this season?

We need to keep him in the team and try and create more then 1 chance a game for him. Longer term, if we don't play to create chances for him we might as well sell him as he contributes nothing apart from his goals. Despitem all the comings and goings we still have no proper wingers to supply crosses for Rhodes who is an old style centre-forward and not much else.

This thread is amongst the most retarded threads on this site; an achievement in itself. The question, if I understand it correctly, was since we are in a relegation dogfight, should we drop the bloke who had/has scored over 20 goals by March this season?

:lol: quite. So apart from scoring lots of goals Jordan, what do you bring to the team?

All the other 9 outfield players have to do is get it in or around the box and JR will do the business. That our midfield and full backs are useless is not his fault.

:huh:

That's quite some statement Den, even by your recent standards. I'd hazard a guess that if Rhodes was still here next season and scored 50 goals we'd be doing very nicely thank you.

It's actually probably more likely you won't have to worry next season about Rhodes 25 or so goals holding the team back. He's more likely to get a better offer and be replaced by one or two lumbering players who huff and puff a lot and can barely reach double figures between them.

It is not unreasonable to expect our 20+ goal baby liner to man up and start contributing in other areas of the pitch is it? A softer centre forward with his back to goal I am yet to see. Not sure why he is so poor at the standard stuff and at times the team has suffered badly as a result. Hence this discussion.

However and in his defence, the chronic failure of all other teams members to contribute with goals all season has put so much pressure on JR that I am very impressed he has maintained such high goal scoring records. Often he has bagged from half chances only, or his first chance of the game.

His lack of pace is key outside the box. Inside it's not as relevant as reactions count for more.

Our central midfield is shocking, our wingers are even worse, and can only be described in terms of something you'd step in on the pavement, the other three out and out strikers have contributed 3 League goals between them and some fans are trying to blame the one player who has performed to an acceptable standard this season and who has bagged a very healthy return from almost zero service.

I have found myself wondering this season "Only at Blackburn Rovers?" or would it happen at any other Club?

Our central midfield is shocking, our wingers are even worse, and can only be described in terms of something you'd step in on the pavement, the other three out and out strikers have contributed 3 League goals between them and some fans are trying to blame the one player who has performed to an acceptable standard this season and who has bagged a very healthy return from almost zero service.

I have found myself wondering this season "Only at Blackburn Rovers?" or would it happen at any other Club?

Zero service? This point alone makes me laugh. How many of Rhodes goals has he created all alone for himself? Very few. Granted the service has not been of the highest quality, or as frequent as we would like but most of Rhodes goals have been scored from 18 yards or less and someone must have got the ball in the area for him.

Zero service? This point alone makes me laugh. How many of Rhodes goals has he created all alone for himself? Very few. Granted the service has not been of the highest quality, or as frequent as we would like but most of Rhodes goals have been scored from 18 yards or less and someone must have got the ball in the area for him.

I did say "almost" zero service.

Since Bowyer was replaced the first time round we've been creating about one or two chances a game for Rhodes. I call that almost zero service. If you think it's acceptable or the norm, that's up to you.

I did say "almost" zero service.

Since Bowyer was replaced the first time round we've been creating about one or two chances a game for Rhodes. I call that almost zero service. If you think it's acceptable or the norm, that's up to you.

Of course it's normal for strikers to only get a couple of chances per game. How many chances per game would you hope to be creating for him? 24?

You win as a team and lose as a team. Rhodes has been non existent at times outside the box and having to build an entire team around him to get him chances from 10 yards out is not the way forward.

He has still been one of our top players all year, has given his all and worked hard unlike some. He has had a very good first year at the club, settled quickly and contributed often. CPD still required, work in progress, especially on his all round game. Baby lining strikers who offer and do little else are rare nowadays and he simply must improve his play in other areas of the pitch.

Well, bowyer just did drop him batman. Now you just need to work out what his thinking was. Pretty much what some other folk were thinking as well, basically we.re not posing enough threat as a team.

Of course it's normal for strikers to only get a couple of chances per game. How many chances per game would you hope to be creating for him? 24?

You win as a team and lose as a team. Rhodes has been non existent at times outside the box and having to build an entire team around him to get him chances from 10 yards out is not the way forward.

He has still been one of our top players all year, has given his all and worked hard unlike some. He has had a very good first year at the club, settled quickly and contributed often. CPD still required, work in progress, especially on his all round game. Baby lining strikers who offer and do little else are rare nowadays and he simply must improve his play in other areas of the pitch.

thing is, apart from maybe Peterborough away, hes been getting less than a chance per game. Some of his finishes have been half chances at best. I don't recall too many regular tap ins, other than a couple of pens. Some of his headers (thinking Charlton at home) have been world class, making the most of a cr@p cross round his ankles.

:huh:

That's quite some statement Den, even by your recent standards. I'd hazard a guess that if Rhodes was still here next season and scored 50 goals we'd be doing very nicely thank you.

It's actually probably more likely you won't have to worry next season about Rhodes 25 or so goals holding the team back. He's more likely to get a better offer and be replaced by one or two lumbering players who huff and puff a lot and can barely reach double figures between them.

"My recent standards" Rev? lol. Coming from someone who supported the removal of Sam, Williams and Finn. Supported the Raos and JA.s involvement, thinks that Cardiff are an average Championship team, Sacking Appleton would bring back entertaining football - and reckons that Murphy is worthy of a regular starting spot, that.s a bit rich.

It's not a statement rev, it.s a question. We don.t pose enough of a threat and like it or not Rhodes is part of that problem. Your new hero GB just dropped him by the way. Bowyer obviously wanted to try something else - what would your answer to our current lack of penetration be?

Well, bowyer just did drop him batman. Now you just need to work out what his thinking was. Pretty much what some other folk were thinking as well, basically we.re not posing enough threat as a team.

And low and behold, we had 2 shots in 90 minutes. I cannot stand by my original post enough.

Jeez -what a redundant thread. JR feeds off scraps and his class is patently obvious. How good is RVP outside the box? Allan Clarke, Fowler, Greaves, Rush?

They could all link play.

And low and behold, we had 2 shots in 90 minutes. I cannot stand by my original post enough.

Why? That proves what exactly? Shearer wouldn't have scored in that game.

They could all link play.

Why? That proves what exactly? Shearer wouldn't have scored in that game.

You suggested that he was dropped as we don't pose enough of a threat as a team. Then, we drop him, and we create even fewer chances than we do when he's in it.

• Backroom

You suggested that he was dropped as we don't pose enough of a threat as a team. Then, we drop him, and we create even fewer chances than we do when he's in it.

Technically it's more than we've created a few games recently

Proves nothing either way

Archived