BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where Are BRAG?

In happyforeverclapper's world apparently a personal tweet is now the same as a live television appearance representing the entire fanbase.

Just going back to this, Mark Fish did indeed do a TV appearance on SSN yesterday afternoon basically using the situation as a stick to beat Venky's with and decrying the 6 managers in a season scenario which would have given neutral viewers the impression that Rovers fans as a whole were opposed to the sacking.

There was nothing really wrong with what he said although if it had been me I would have stressed that whilst Venky's have made a complete mess of running the Club during their period of ownership the number of managers this season is a by product of the fact they keep picking the wrong ones in the first place, and that from a footballing point of view the decision to sack Appleton was a correct one.

What really caught my attention though was the fact he mentioned they'd had a meeting with Derek Shaw on Friday and Shaw indicated progress and results under Appleton had not been what the Club had hoped.

What the hell are the Club doing doing having meetings of that nature with BRAG? That's more a criticism of the Club than BRAG. If the Club decide to make you privy to that sort of info then you're not going to turn it down but the Club should keep those sort of discussions within the Boardroom. Can you imagine Bill Fox, Terry Ibbotson, Jack Walker or John Williams going up to a handful of random fans and saying "What do you think guys, should we sack the manager?"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Fair enough, I was told quite specifically he had not made a TV appearance. I never watch SSN so trusted the person who told me.

Nonetheless, I assume Mark was introduced a member of the Action Group which in of itself suggests a faction rather than the entire fanbase. You'd have to be a bit simple to assume one person talks for all fans, wouldn't you?

What really caught my attention though was the fact he mentioned they'd had a meeting with Derek Shaw on Friday and Shaw indicated progress and results under Appleton had not been what the Club had hoped.

Can any of the BRAG reps who post on here shed any further light on this meeting last Friday?

Is there any chance BRAG could start a 'Bring Back John Williams' campaign?

A new slant could get media coverage, it would be something different and more focused than 'Sack the Board' (although the implication is obviously that they need sacking), or 'Venkys out'.

It may seem a long shot, but his affection for the club is well known, Venkys must surely now see what a monumental cock up it was to not stick with him. Also - a campaign to get Venkys to sell might well be doomed to failure, or see us with a bunch who actually WANT to kean up the club rather than wanting into to succeed but just being utterly incapable of doing the one thing that would work - make John Williams an offer he can't refuse to come back and run the club in whatever way he deems best.

VENKYS (I know you are reading) - Bring back John Williams, bring back John Williams - there is no other way!

"Shall this appointment be made the BRFC Action Group will end all communication with the clubs board of directors and step up its campaign for Venkateshwara Hatcheries to sell the club as we seek responsible owners for Blackburn Rovers” - BRAG Statement, Lancashire Telegraph 10th January 2013

So what changed your minds?

Is there any chance BRAG could start a 'Bring Back John Williams' campaign?

A new slant could get media coverage, it would be something different and more focused than 'Sack the Board' (although the implication is obviously that they need sacking), or 'Venkys out'.

It may seem a long shot, but his affection for the club is well known, Venkys must surely now see what a monumental cock up it was to not stick with him. Also - a campaign to get Venkys to sell might well be doomed to failure, or see us with a bunch who actually WANT to kean up the club rather than wanting into to succeed but just being utterly incapable of doing the one thing that would work - make John Williams an offer he can't refuse to come back and run the club in whatever way he deems best.

VENKYS (I know you are reading) - Bring back John Williams, bring back John Williams - there is no other way!

Although I know that the possibility is pretty unlikely, particularly due to the fact that John has a new job at the FA lined up, but I like the idea.

It'd be good for something positive to come from a fans campaign - ie rather than 'sack the board' or whatever, asking to bring back somebody who knows how to run this club.

Ouch.

Glen Mullan also promised to step down if we didn't get an experienced manager after Berg was sacked as I recall. Or was it after Kean was sacked? Can't remember.

I think it's knee-jerk statements like this which make it hard to take the Action Group seriously.

Ouch.

Glen Mullan also promised to step down if we didn't get an experienced manager after Berg was sacked as I recall. Or was it after Kean was sacked? Can't remember.

He said live on BBC Radio Lancashire that his season ticket would be going back to the club - when I later challenged him on it, he said it was nobodies business whether he attended matches or not. I fully back the idea of an accountable well run club, who wouldn't, but the methods they have used in the past (and who knows, still may) sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

Surely you can give a brief outline of the meeting with the fine detail left for the minutes...

No, we issue our minutes via our website as we usually do. If I asked you would you drip feed ff minutes out on a public forum to pacify the whim of one person?

"Shall this appointment be made the BRFC Action Group will end all communication with the clubs board of directors and step up its campaign for Venkateshwara Hatcheries to sell the club as we seek responsible owners for Blackburn Rovers” - BRAG Statement, Lancashire Telegraph 10th January 2013

So what changed your minds?

We set up a meeting with the club following a request from a delegation of other supporters groups including Fans Forum, Rovers Trust, Ewood Blues, Darwen Blues, Havelock Blues etc. Until that point we had not communication with the club apart from when dealing with supporter issues that come through the Walk In Centre.

Can we all agree on one thing:-

Regardless of recent football results, match performance and all other shenanigans at rovers in the past couple of months, Is it fair to say this forum has been a lot more bearable and less bitter with the absence of any brag talk.

Their just local chancers that have managed to get a foot in with shabby, fair play to them, I hope there enjoying the limelight, but I have lost all respect for them(all 4-5 of them), end of story. :)

cant brag, mullan , agnew, shaw should all be switched to different words on this forum(like kean, shabby), actually brag should stay as brag(it couldn't be more appropriate ;) )

• Backroom

Does seem a bit odd that you prefer not to talk about them yet make a comment which is likely to cause further discussion about the group

Yes, they're certainly comparable. Jheeze, you're better than that Toppers.

But BRAG are obviously a subject that causes much friction, obviously not on the same level as Kean, but the basic principle remains.

Does seem a bit odd that you prefer not to talk about them yet make a comment which is likely to cause further discussion about the group

just wanted to say my piece on it, was only meant in a light hearted(ish) way im done now. :tu:

It's always been the case. The people who claim to hate BRFCAG can't stop going on about them.

oh! and I don't hate anybody, I don't have a hateful bone in my body, thanks for being so predictable in your blind defence of them though.

• Backroom

But BRAG are obviously a subject that causes much friction, obviously not on the same level as Kean, but the basic principle remains.

My point wasn't that people love them, but that those who supposedly hate them and want them to go away keep bringing them up repeatedly for no reason. There's every reason to bring up Steve Kean because he was a vile cancer whose reign of terror is still having a catastrophic impact on the club... there's no good reason for BRFCAG to be brought up, and they seem to only ever be brought up by people who then ironically moan about the Action Group getting too much attention.

I fail to see how Agnew has survived so long? Whilst good experienced men like John Williams and Tom Finn etc have left the club one way or another. Agnew seems to go on holiday and get a promotion and now sits on the board???

He is the only constant in 2 years of pain and destruction under venky's and seems to have done quite well out of it himself.

Archived