BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where Are BRAG?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

They've been working in the background and trying not to put themselves in the spotlight I imagine

There seemed to be a bit of a backlash after the last statement on the eve of the Appleton appointment so it was probably decided best to keep things quiet, keep monitoring the opinions of the member base and speak when thought necessary

That may be wrong mind you but it seems logical and sensible

• Backroom

I think they're doing the right thing in stepping back and letting things play out. Seems they were right re: Appleton, but there's no point organising protests or anything else at this point. Best for them to hold back until the next big disaster happens.

• Backroom

I think they're doing the right thing in stepping back and letting things play out. Seems they were right re: Appleton, but there's no point organising protests or anything else at this point. Best for them to hold back until the next big disaster happens.

The sentiment may have been right but the way it was handled probably wasn't and mistakes were made (in my opinion at least)

It's a tough situation either way for the committee as you only have to glance at the Facebook page to see some members demand statements and protests whilst others think they would be fruitless and would prefer another approach. If the groups own membership is divided you can see that they are in a no win situation as people will criticise whatever the next move is.

Mark Fish (I think) was arguing on Wednesday night with some fan in the BBE.

There silence coincides with Shebby's. Shock shock.

Don't you think you should be sure it was him, Before posting his name?

Mark Fish (I think) was arguing on Wednesday night with some fan in the BBE.

There silence coincides with Shebby's. Shock shock.

You will find it was a fan arguing with Mark last wednesday

Bringing this back on topic...I see from the last BRAG minutes that the closing date for the vote as to whether BRAG back the Rovers Trust was 21st February. There is no mention of this on the website - does anybody know if they have made an announcement either way, or are they still wading through the votes from their 8,000+ members?

I don't have access to their 'closed' Facebook page, although I know a few people on here do - has anything been posted on there about it?

Member of BRAG here.

Did we vote to join/support the Trust?

Is an "Action" group allowed to keep quiet for 8 weeks?

First thing an Action group does is 'communication'? Yes?

The vote hasn't been finalised yet as all the packs have not gone yet, most have but not all plus the new sign ups.

Even though the closing date was the 21st February?

Yes, if you read up this thread, the closing date was extended, it's only fair that every member gets the same chance to vote, and with our membership being free its took longer to get all the packs out.

Member of BRAG here.

Did we vote to join/support the Trust?

Is an "Action" group allowed to keep quiet for 8 weeks?

First thing an Action group does is 'communication'? Yes?

What did you vote?

Any evidence of this, or just some sad people taking digs at BRFCAG for no obvious reason?

Well Mark Fish suddenly popped up on Sky Sports news this afternoon decrying the sacking of Appleton and putting their views across as those ofv the fans as a whole.

BRAG is everywhere and nowhere. You cannot get rid of BRAG! They will persevere and remain forever to fight for the sake of our beloved Blackburn Rovers!

And no, Mark Fish did not pop up on Sky Sports news, at least none that I could see. It was just a tweet. And he did not put the views of BRAG as the views of the fans as a whole. I believe what he talked about was Agnew lying about not knowing about Appleton's sacking despite taking part in a board meeting discussing his sacking yesterday night.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the Sky Sports news because I didn't see Mark in there. Then again I don't live in the UK or have television, so......

• Backroom

Well Mark Fish suddenly popped up on Sky Sports news this afternoon decrying the sacking of Appleton and putting their views across as those ofv the fans as a whole.

He's allowed to tweet, is he not? He's not done a televised interview to my knowledge.

Archived