BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Homophobic Banter

Women play football too.

Swearing is not the same as homophobia. One is foul language, the other is prejudice.

I suspect 'the gays' don't care for you much either. (BTW Alan Carr's dad is head scout at Newcastle. A real man's job).

You don't have an understanding of English grammar either.

Can't help yourself can you? Pond life.

i remeber the day you used to discuss footy , now the only time you post is to be in the pc brigade.

how does calling somene gay differ from saying burnley fans do incest?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About time people toughen up in my opinion its football not tennis.

It's life you mean and not football or tennis.

Just as the racism issue went into overdrive a generation ago and has suffered overkill so homophobia is going the same way. Homophobia is about queer bashing not about stereotyping, ostracising and ribbing etc.

Just as an aside am I the only person left who refers to homosexuals as homosexuals? The word 'Gay' is incorrect and has been hi-jacked for some reason which escapes me.

I don't know if you're the only person left who uses the word homosexual but you're most certainly one of the very few likely to use queer!

Dinosaurs died out..........eventually

The fact he (Paul M) appears to now insult a wider audience on this thread without answering my post in reply to his original one speaks volumes, are you indeed a homosexual?

But really, some of the people are actually stupid, and there's not much I can do about that. I would say that it's impossible to 'win an argument' with people who can't think.

Why does it matter if I'm 'homosexual'?

If you are clever then I'm glad to be thick.

Didn't say i was clever. I just know right from wrong.

Do you ever lighten up?

Did you ever grow up?

i remeber the day you used to discuss footy , now the only time you post is to be in the pc brigade.

how does calling somene gay differ from saying burnley fans do incest?

Not much footie to discuss is there?

Incest is illegal.

This morning, before the trip to South Yorkshire we went to a showing of 'Walking with Dinosaurs' at the MEN. Little did I think that I would be 'Talking with Dinosaurs' later in the day.

Just explain that again.

Homosexuality: Indeed not a choice at birth whether your gay or not however publically displaying it is. That was my point. I mean if you know it going to upset people around you don't do it. It's the same principle with this Brighton stuff, if you don't like it don't go and watch football.

Incest: Well we know allot from our neighbors about that, indeed its a choice not illegal but not ethical either.

That is what this debate comes down too, should it remain ethical, opinionated or outlawed all about different views.

I think most people display some level of hypocrisy in these subjects, see I think homophobic chants are awful, the ones sang about Pedersen by our own fans are bang out of order yet for some reason I find the 'we can see you holding hands' chant quite funny

So do a lot of Brighton fans find that funny (not all). In fact they chant back, " your to ugly to be gay".

It is hard to draw the line at what is abusive chanting or not. A player commits a foul and fans chant, "you dirty northern / southern barstewards".

The Brighton issue is really when they play away matches. I have heard from some folk who have been attacked at away matches, because they were thought to be gay. From what I am hearing in pubs and clubs, it is the non - gay folk who are doing the complaining - because they are being 'caught up in it' ( I want for a better description).

Homosexuality: Indeed not a choice at birth whether your gay or not however publically displaying it is. That was my point. I mean if you know it going to upset people around you don't do it. It's the same principle with this Brighton stuff, if you don't like it don't go and watch football.

Incest: Well we know allot from our neighbors about that, indeed its a choice not illegal but not ethical either.

That is what this debate comes down too, should it remain ethical, opinionated or outlawed all about different views.

i think i know what you are trying to say but I don't agree with any of it.

For me this debate comes down to treating as equal, and respecting their opinion, no matter what their sexuality/race/religion.

The trouble is if you are straight/white/christian, the same doesn't apply - and they aren't allowed to hold a different opinion other than the politically correct ones for fear of being called bigots, racists and homophobes.

I don't think most homosexuals choose to 'flaunt' the sexuality they were born with, just as most heterosexuals don't.

And even if they are proud of being homosexual, that's their right. There is no choice in your sexual preference, it's hard-wired into you and you are what your genetics say you are.

And, has been pointed out, incest is illegal - as it should always be.

Somebody should get the message over to a few miles down the M65...

I once worked with a girl from Burnley who genuinely fancied her first cousin and had no issue with the potential of incest, inbreeding and retarded offspring.

She was amazed at how gobsmacked I was.

I don't think most homosexuals choose to 'flaunt' the sexuality they were born with, just as most heterosexuals don't.

And even if they are proud of being homosexual, that's their right.

There is nothing wrong with this.

Provided a heterosexual person is allowed to be proud of their sexuality too without being accused of being homophobic.

Some folk on here are very defensive. Guilty conscience?

I love the fact that Gordon`s advice is to toughen up. Like football is some macho sport.

Rugby...now thats brutal.

Moto GP, a british lad rode an ankle he broke 24 hours earlier to keep the british fans happy.

F1 drivers racing with dislocated shoulders.

Jockeys falling off horses at 30mph and back on board for the next go an hour later.

The list is endless.

But we have to toughen up to watch players pretending to be injured and then having a fortnight off on £100k a week. Football is a pantomine these days and nobody goes to the theatre to call the actors queers.

Some folk are stuck in the dark ages and there is no telling them.

I don't use this word lightly, but most of you are actually stupid. Really stupid.

I wouldn't say "most", but I don't disagree with the sentiment.

And this is on one of the better football messageboards I've come across. Some of the others make me wonder if the monkeys set to write Shakespeares complete works haven't accidentally been set loose on the internet instead.

I wouldn't say "most", but I don't disagree with the sentiment.

And this is on one of the better football messageboards I've come across. Some of the others make me wonder if the monkeys set to write Shakespeares complete works haven't accidentally been set loose on the internet instead.

By most, I meant most of the posters on this thread. I really wonder how a couple of them get through the day.

By most, I meant most of the posters on this thread. I really wonder how a couple of them get through the day.

It's called a sense of humour, Paul.

You want to get yourself one.

Archived