BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the google result:

Meanwhile Silk, an experienced football executive who moved to Blackburn from Stoke in 2011, is claimed to have become exasperated with ...

This is what I pulled off another search engine:

The FA's head of integrity, David Newton, is leading the investigation and documents seen by Inside Sport show he is looking at situations surrounding the takeover of Rovers in 2010 as well as control of the club since then and the involvement of ...

And another:

Nick harris: fa investigate blackburn rovers ... war between senior executives and reports that finance director Karen Silk has quit in desperation, Inside Sport can ...

I saw the article, it was Nick Harris' column. Said that the FA were investigating into the sale of the club including the role of agents and have been for a while. Also mentioned the boardroom infighting and the resignation of Silk which the club declined to comment on. Nothing to get too excited about yet.

My mate copied & sent me the text:

FA investigate Rovers as civil war breaks out between senior executives

PUBLISHED: 19:56, 13 April 2013 | UPDATED: 19:56, 13 April 2013

While the chaos at relegation-threatened Blackburn Rovers continues unabated amid a civil war between senior executives and reports that finance director Karen Silk has quit in desperation, Inside Sport can reveal that the Football Association have been investigating events at Ewood Park dating back more than two years.

The FA's head of integrity, David Newton, is leading the investigation and documents seen by Inside Sport show he is looking at situations surrounding the takeover of Rovers in 2010 as well as control of the club since then and the involvement of agents and advisers.

'This is an ongoing matter,' said an FA source last week.

Scroll down for more

Revolving door: Gary Bowyer is back in the manager's chair at Blackburn

Meanwhile Silk, an experienced football executive who moved to Blackburn from Stoke in 2011, is claimed to have become exasperated with matters at the club, although a Rovers spokesman refused to comment on suggestions that she had resigned and is serving her notice.

Blackburn are owned by poultry conglomerate Venky's, whose chairwoman, Anuradha Desai, holds ultimate control over the club from her base in Pune, in south-west India.

The power struggle within Ewood is between managing director Derek Shaw and his key ally, operations director Paul Agnew, on one hand, and Venky's 'global advisor', Shebby Singh, on the other.

That trio, plus caretaker manager Gary Bowyer, all spent time in India last week to discuss who was responsible for a variety of recent events perceived as 'avoidable setbacks' by Mrs Desai.

Inside Sport has seen correspondence from Mrs Desai to Shaw last month over a clause in former manager Henning Berg's contract that had allegedly been removed without her knowledge.

The correspondence says that the owners 'feel completely cheated' over the issue.

The key clause limited Berg's compensation in the event of sacking to one year's salary, or £650,000, and Mrs Desai personally approved the contract on that basis.

When Berg was sacked in December after 57 days in charge, Mrs Desai is said to have been alarmed that Berg was able to claim for closer to £2million. His claim is still being negotiated.

When Berg departed, Singh felt Bowyer should be given a chance, not least after he won three and drew one of his four games as stand-in. But Michael Appleton was appointed by Shaw and with Agnew's support, say sources, before he, too, was sacked last month after four wins in 15 games.

Bowyer, a long-serving Blackburn employee, is back in charge. He held private talks with Mrs Desai in Pune and was assured by her that he would remain manager for the rest of the season.

• Backroom

Other than what the title of the article suggests there isn't much that hasn't already come out anyway

Happy to redisplay the post if someone confirms its legally ok and not in breach of any copyright laws

Fair enough. That bit about re-hiring Kean was mental though!

To be fair it seems to be only in a youth development role so doubt we'll have to see him at Ewood

If Silk has quit, then it only signals theres some major financial issues at Ewood.

If I was a local company supplying Rovers Id be calling in my debts sharpish.

The FA investigation was in another Nick Harris article in January. Id suggest therefore that its not getting anywhere quickly.

If Silk has quit, then it only signals theres some major financial issues at Ewood.

If I was a local company supplying Rovers Id be calling in my debts sharpish.

The FA investigation was in another Nick Harris article in January. Id suggest therefore that its not getting anywhere quickly.

Or it could signify that if you work in a business run by squabbling children, its best to find alternative employment - just a thought...

Archived