BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

I think we have reached the point that it is the FA that should be investigated as much as the Rovers.

The FA are even now actively blocking and frustrating publication.

However, the FA Investigation does change the situation with regards to making publication of speculation about what might be the subject of the investigation fair game...

Certainly fair to bracket FA Kentaro and SEM together.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentaro's sponsoring the FA worries me

I guess we will soon find out if the FA have integrity or not.

There should be laws in place to stop people having too much influence over football, how can one company control fixtures, media, players and clubs!!, they've got it all boxed off nicely.

Despite the above I'm relieved that the FA are finally involved, credit to GM and co for digging in and not throwing in the towel. Where it takes us, who knows, but it had to be done.

Guest Norbert

I thought it was the end of March. The point about Keantaro being major commercial partners with the FA (I believe they brokered that friendly in Doha against Brazil) is one reason I am sceptical that the FA will do much if any funny business is uncovered. It's likely the club will be punished, but any agents, the owners or other advisors will not.

I thought we are already past the deadline for this season.

A deduction would now apply next season I believe.

Re the FA, I am of the opinion they are irretrievably compromised on this one. If they weren't they would have started an investigation at any one of:

- when they received the dossier last summer

- when the Sports Minister wrote to them last summer

- when the Sports Minister asked them why they had not replied

- when the Sports Minister wrote to them again

- when the Sports Minister wrote to them again

- when the Mail reported six weeks ago that the Minister was extremely frustrated

I thought we are already past the deadline for this season.

- when the Mail reported six weeks ago that the Minister was extremely frustrated

I must have missed this report - and the likely 30 page thread discussion that would have followed.

To get people to sit up and listen it will probaly need something that hit the FA direct.

Its been mooted on here before, and probably should have happened earlier (for our sakes) but maybe now is the time.

Somehow a game needs to be disrupted by the fans enough to get it delayed or even called off, especially at this sensitive time of the season when things are this tight and alot of results etc relying on each game.

Whether it be before k/o,during the game or half time with tennis balls,balloons, toilet rolls, mass cityesque/palace encroachment on to the pitch etc -anything that can just add chaos to a matchday and throws a spanner in the works for fixtures/results.

Guest Norbert

You mean like the multiball button being pressed at that Macclesfield game when Ince started?

It'll feel good to do it, but the common response will be "Those ruddy moaning Rovers fans. No wonder why the brilliant Steve Kean quit." And I doubt that the authorities would give a monkeys. They'd just deduct points/fine us and then climb back on the gravy train.

I think we have reached the point that it is the FA that should be investigated as much as the Rovers.

Unfortunately I can't see the FA doing much against a business partner

However, the FA Investigation does change the situation with regards to making publication of speculation about what might be the subject of the investigation fair game...

Unfortunately I cant see the FA investigating a business partner

That's really intelligently thought through because the ideal thing for us hovering a point above the relegation zone would be to provide the authorities with the opportunity to impose a points deduction wouldn't it..?d

Possibly, but I thought we were past any decisions for points deductions- didn't seem to matter for wet spam the other year.

And do you really think we are good enought to stay up - which ever way we are screwed unless the dossier referred to will open up pandora's box and the end of the season and if so will make no difference to an FA decision if they are in the deep mire as the all shennanigans is referring to.

Football is corrupt there has to be something the fans can do to fight back.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Except one would hope that someone would look at it and push hard for the FA to appear to be open and transparent at least, otherwise we are looking at a situation like F1 where basically someone owns the sport, in this country at least

Kentaro having some kind of affiliation with the FA means that this will just be swept under the carpet.

so when are the mail writing an article which poses the question...'is it right that Kentaro sponser the F.A and have they swept it under the carpet'?

On a serious note questions need asking of the F.A and whether they are being impartial etc... time for the sports minister to press for a governing sports body to regulate the F.A etc....

A lot of people are mentioning Kentaro and we are quite justified in being fearful of the FA ties with them. Unfortunately, the situation from our point of view, wishing to get to the truth and name the guilty parties in our downfall is even worse than many people realise.

Apart from the generally tight "business" links between the FA and Kentaro, there are also the "ethnic" links between the Chairman of the FA (Bernstein) and Jerome Anderson. It won't help any when Greg Dyke takes over because he is of the same ethnicity, as, incidentally, was the previous chairman, Lord Triesman. Coincidence? Not on your Nellie.

It's highly unlikely we'd ever get that lot to uncover anything which would damage their "interests."

Football is now a multi-billion Pound industry, offering untold riches for people with the right contacts, or influence in the right places.

To be absolutely honest, and for the good of the overall game whatever happens to us, someone really ought to stretch the scope of the investigation to see whether such ethnic ties played any role in securing business contracts between the FA and other parties, especially Kentaro.

Nick Harris et al - if you want to do something really worthwhile with your lives - there's your next investigation. Good luck with it, you'll need it.

As if!

Blackburn Rovers are very small fry in the overall scheme of things, sadly. Things go on that ordinary, decent people like most of us on here couldn't even dream of. We are one of the oldest, most traditional of football clubs - a proper, old, English institution. If we go to the wall because of financial corruption, do not expect any help at all from any of these "official" channels. The financial stakes are too high and the bonds too strong.

Archived