BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

Now that is truly a horrible thought. However under KEAN we stayed up the first year.. Was KEAN's inexperienced appointment designed to make us fail? All seems too much. Unless the theory is that VENKY's have been mugged off, still are being mugged off and still don't know it.

That wld also help explain why Emerton, Salgado, Roberts etc were bombed out next season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched and listened to numerous clips of the rao's and mrs d, (not rovers related) one thing became clear' these people have a perfect command of English, and are articulate and thoughtful when giving speeches re business.

Not for one minute do I believe that they are naive..

Well it would neatly explain the double race for relegation from the PL...

Eh, why?

Conspiracy mode theory on: Even if other parties held unofficial and illegal third party interests in the future transfer value of players we had signed it's not in anyone's interests for us to be relegated once let alone twice as it reduces the values of said players.

I know no-one likes Venky's and with good reason the way they've run the Club for the last couple of years, but this conspiracy theory stuff really is reaching epidemic and ridiculous proportions.

Eh, why?

Conspiracy mode theory on: Even if other parties held unofficial and illegal third party interests in the future transfer value of players we had signed it's not in anyone's interests for us to be relegated once let alone twice as it reduces the values of said players.

I know no-one likes Venky's and with good reason the way they've run the Club for the last couple of years, but this conspiracy theory stuff really is reaching epidemic and ridiculous proportions.

Simon - I think what Stuart is saying is that if Third party ownership is outlawed in the PL - but not in the Championship (Football League). Then surely relegation would be a positive for any 3rd Party looking to put their own players into English Football?

Eh, why?

They aren't as wild as some of the stuff flying about when Kean was here. Some of the stuff now does make sense.

The email was addressed to Shaw and the secretary, i.e. more than one person, for which I understand the correct term is people. Is all your evidence for the two owner theory this compelling?

I know EIT. Pathetic isn't it.

If anything, the fact that the Rao's are ill advisedly dragging this case through the Courts with a half baked defence tends to disprove the two ownership theory once and for all.

If we were really owned by someone else, and Shaw was a plant on their behalf acting at their behest, then the Rao's would have no right to complain about any of Shaw's actions. So why would the Rao's then run a defence in Court saying Shaw had no authority to do what he did?

That wld also help explain why Emerton, Salgado, Roberts etc were bombed out next season.

Or it could just be the obvious explanation that they were old, well past their best and on huge wages?

Simon - I think what Stuart is saying is that if Third party ownership is outlawed in the PL - but not in the Championship (Football League). Then surely relegation would be a positive for any 3rd Party looking to put their own players into English Football?

Two points there jimmy, firstly those two articles reproduced stated that third party ownership was outlawed in "The major English Leagues." I assume that means professional football in England generally. If that's not the case no doubt someone will confirm.

Secondly, Even if it' were permissible under the regulations, to make it worthwhile investing in a players future transfer value, the value has to go up not down. Relegation decimates a player's value so to suggest that's in any way a deliberate strategy is stretching facts to suit a theory after the event imo.

• Backroom

Or it could just be the obvious explanation that they were old, well past their best and on huge wages?

So obviously the logical progression from that line of thinking is signing Danny Murphy on a massive contract :lol:

• Backroom

There's a distinction between 'past their best' and 'not good enough for us'. All of those (and Nelsen) certainly WERE still good enough to play for us at that point.

just reading the Bloomberg article.....

thoughts immediately spring to mind....

for example, just think a club (say a team called Whiteburn) wanted to buy an up & coming forward, (for example lets call him Rhordan Jodes) and could not afford the fee that the selling club (say called Muddysfield) wanted, but thanks to a substantial down payment by a firm/agent like an assent betting company, they could afford the fee (say 8 squillion) but for a cut of 50%+ of any future profits....

The striker then has storming season, in an otherwise unforgettable season, in a poor squad

He is seen a shining light, but the club, due to having a poor season, have to sell him

Big wig premiership sides come calling with the cash, and all are winning with handsome sums of money.....

frightening scenario...

just how many players could this be done with..........

It was hardly the most auspicious statement for the new owner of a Premier League club. I dont know a thing about football, Anuradha Desai, chairperson of the VH Group, recently arrived proprietors of Blackburn

"We don't have to buy expensive players, we can lease them"

• Backroom

Before he came I thought he would be a good signing but sort of proves the point it's not the way to go doesn't it.

It would be if the released players hadn't been performing or were worse options than younger players in the squad. Unfortunately not a single one of those players was replaced with a stronger alternative. Thankfully Murphy has been.

Eh, why?

I didn't say relegation twice, I was referring to the failed first attempt (on the last day) of relegation. Of course it's a boundless conspiracy theory. All I said was it would neatly explain it if rules on third parter ownership WERE more relaxed in the Championship. I dont' even know if they are! :lol:

If you want only want your football to be about hard facts and no speculation, stick to the football coupons. :rover:

Rev you seem to be wanting not to believe anything that could point a finger at dodgy dealing by Venkys when it's blatantly obvious the club is lying for whatever reason almost daily.

For example your post:-

I don't know what's going on any more than the next man but don't forget the sources for the "Shaw on gardening leave" story are The Mail and Glen Mullan and the Club has officially said these rumours are false.

looks rather silly now it is shown that the clubs official site is telling porkies. If you read your posts on page 2 of the Berg at the High Court thread again you will see doubted there was substance to Berg's clam at all and now it's being laid bare in court for all to see.

Leaked letters from last year and now these leaked BRAG emails are showing that a lot of the rumours have large elements of truth in them. Tweets between Nick Harris, Martin Blackburn and Andy Cryer over the last 2 months are obviously indicating they know there is more to this than is in the public domain. Whether this is as big as certain posters indicate I don't know but I anticipate your posts in the last 24 hours may one day deserve a place in Messageboard Gold.

for example, just think a club (say a team called Whiteburn) wanted to buy an up & coming forward, (for example lets call him Rhordan Jodes) and could not afford the fee that the selling club (say called Muddysfield) wanted, but thanks to a substantial down payment by a firm/agent like an assent betting company, they could afford the fee (say 8 squillion) but for a cut of 50%+ of any future profits....

The striker then has storming season, in an otherwise unforgettable season, in a poor squad

He is seen a shining light, but the club, due to having a poor season, have to sell him

Big wig premiership sides come calling with the cash, and all are winning with handsome sums of money.....

frightening scenario...

Can't think who you're talking about. :huh:

That hypothetical ownership scenario outlined above though still requires said player to fetch a profit when sold. The mysterious part owners would realise a far better return if the team as a whole did well and certain hypothetical people like ben, Dom M, and timmy 613 might even suggest poor old Rhordan is part of the reason we haven't done well enough, can't hold the ball up well enough and isn't worth the money we paid for him!

I think the 'planned relegation' is one of the more crackpot theories out there.

Wasn't Salgado released due to a contractual clause? I would wager the same went for the other senior players.

I think the 'planned relegation' is one of the more crackpot theories out there.

Wasn't Salgado released due to a contractual clause? I would wager the same went for the other senior players.

Salgado was not played due to the fact it would have activated a 12 month extension to his contract. What was more baffling was that he offered to wave the extension so he could help us in our fight against relegation. We refused and played Bradley Orr instead.

I didn't say relegation twice, I was referring to the failed first attempt (on the last day) of relegation. Of course it's a boundless conspiracy theory. All I said was it would neatly explain it if rules on third parter ownership WERE more relaxed in the Championship. I dont' even know if they are! :lol:

If you want only want your football to be about hard facts and no speculation, stick to the football coupons. :rover:

Sorry for attempting to counter your boundless conspiracy theory with facts Stuart.

I don't know for certain if rules on 3rd party ownership are any different in the Championship either but it seems very unfair to me to attempt to start or promote a fresh wave of conspiracy theory based on something which isn't factually correct.

frightening scenario...

What happens if Rhordan Jodes lets his contract run down and goes on a Bosman?

timmy 613 might even suggest poor old Rhordan is part of the reason we haven't done well enough, can't hold the ball up well enough and isn't worth the money we paid for him!

You'll have to find me the part in bold Rev, don't think I've ever suggested that.

Question for you - in fact for everyone.

WBA/Norwich/Southampton/WHAM - come in with an offer of £6m for Rhordan in the summer. Do you keep him and attempt to improve the rest of Whiteburn's squad on a shoestring -or do you accept the offer and spend said £6m on improving the squad generally?

Archived