BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

Thanks Baz.

The fog is beginning to clear. For me anyway.

Are you thinking about half a dozen Iberian fellows?

Plus maybe an Argentine?

And a bald Scottish bloke telling us about the good times around the corner?

If this has been done in the UK... well, I just hope Rovers aren't made an example of.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

The madness we have to suffer is exposing the depths of corruption within the game, bit by bit. I would never have imagined that those involved in the game could bet on transfer fees, or anyone else for that matter. You don't have to be a genius to see where that may be trouble.

This is only a theory but i have been amazed at how little effort SOME players have put in this season. When you think about it some players and 'other parties would actually benefit if the club were relegated again. Some of the higher earners would have to be sold on as it would not be sustainable for the club to continue paying the high wages of certain players. This would fall in line with the above regarding 'sell on' fees. The players would be made aware of this and the dangling carrot for them from these 'other parties' would be that they will be lined up for better placed clubs. In fact last year in the prem this theory would be more relative given the players we had and have since left. Games like the one at Spurs where we failed to have 1 single shot at goal still resonates. For the manager to be successful it appears as though he needs to weed out players who are not genuinely playing for the club and the shirt. As i said it's just a theory, it could be that we have just been rubbish due to other reasons such as poor tactics etc.

Is it morally any more objectionable for individual investors to own the rights to a players transfer value than for one particular agent to make huge sums of money constantly moving a player about? I can't see any difference.

Also, if it permissible for these arrangements to exist overseas are we saying that if a player is owned by various investors, then it is permissible for those investors to be paid out in the event said player is transferred to an English Club. But that the rights to said player's transfer fee must be solely owned by the parent Club whilst said player is in England?

This is your answer rev.

I'd seen that article thanks, I was just seeking clarification of my understanding of it.

My reading of it is that much as Scudamore doesn't like the activity it is not illegal abroad, therefore you can't stop anyone who is owned by various third parties from being signed by an English Club. At that point however the investment has to be wound up and distributed accordingly, however rights to the transfer value of the player whilst in England have to be solely owned by the parent Club.

Is that a fair summation and what possible relevance does it have to Rovers?

Rev. Wait and see. Interesting that the New York Times which broke the hacking story because it coukd not be printed in the UK has run a story acquainting Americans with Rovers.

Mrs D refers to Shaw as you people. Thaat keeps the two owner theory on the boil.

After all. With accusations like the ones she makes in her letterrs, any normal owner would simply fire their directors and institute court action.

Whats would happen if an individual owned players and also had some control over a club to guarantee that only his players were bought/played to benefit him?

How could the authorities be 100% sure that a player was 100% owned by the club once he had moved to England?

This ownership is outlawed in the Prem but is it illegal in the football league?

Well it would neatly explain the double race for relegation from the PL...

Now that is truly a horrible thought. However under KEAN we stayed up the first year.. Was KEAN's inexperienced appointment designed to make us fail? All seems too much. Unless the theory is that VENKY's have been mugged off, still are being mugged off and still don't know it.

Now that is truly a horrible thought. However under KEAN we stayed up the first year.. Was KEAN's inexperienced appointment designed to make us fail? All seems too much. Unless the theory is that VENKY's have been mugged off, still are being mugged off and still don't know it.

The tone of the emails published last night make it sound as if that's exactly what is happening - Venkys are being completely exploited and have absolutely no idea what to do about it.

That would also explain why they don't respond to emails from people claiming they want to help them.

Feel free to PM me Philip if you have something of substance to say.

Or don't, if you are talking in vagueries because you actually don't know any detail whatsoever. As usual.

Feel free to PM me Philip if you have something of substance to say.

Or don't, if you are talking in vagueries because you actually don't know any detail whatsoever. As usual.

Were you joking when you said you were Paul Agnew? :rover:

Rev. Wait and see. Interesting that the New York Times which broke the hacking story because it coukd not be printed in the UK has run a story acquainting Americans with Rovers.

Mrs D refers to Shaw as you people. Thaat keeps the two owner theory on the boil.

After all. With accusations like the ones she makes in her letterrs, any normal owner would simply fire their directors and institute court action.

The email was addressed to Shaw and the secretary, i.e. more than one person, for which I understand the correct term is people. Is all your evidence for the two owner theory this compelling?

Archived