BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

Out of interest, did the club appoint the same PR firm who was also representing Appleoton?

The firm in question have worked with Appleton previous, and they were hired by Rovers in January.

I'm sorry if I've missed something over the last few pages, but where have these letters been put up?

on the website of the BRFC Action Group Roy

www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk

not sure what Glenn and Ste's stance on posting the direct link is at the moment, so want to be careful.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what a day today has been Sports PR company writing threatening letters as if they were solicitors warning us we should take the letters down and warning us that we best not release anything else .

Well I have news for them , please send the solicitor letter personally to me and I will see them in court .

The accusations they make within those emails today and accusations, are some of the most unprofessional I have ever witnessed , whilst the tone of them was amateurish at best .

My message to them , is dig deep , get yourself a solicitor and let's go to court !!!

I suspect you won't want to mention the PR company, but can you share who they were representing (The Club, Venky's, The Roas, individuals, 'dark forces' etc).

I personally get very very upset at people who use legal threats as a bullying tactic. We used to get it a lot, but we've put a lot of time, effort and money into understanding the legalities of what we do so that we're as protected as possible (by trying not to do any thing actionable in the first place) but also so my wife no longer has heart attacks when letters from solicitors land on the door step and I laugh them off as baseless bullying (though going through the same nonsense with a private car parking firm helped her understand).

This year has seen a change though, it used to be organisation trying those tactics, recently it's been fan on fan threat, which I detest even more. It's bad enough when a company you've never had dealings with do it, it's far worse when it's somebody you've shared a pint with.

The firm in question have worked with Appleton previous, and they were hired by Rovers in January.

on the website of the BRFC Action Group Roy

www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk

not sure what Glenn and Ste's stance on posting the direct link is at the moment, so want to be careful.

Fine by us. Don't hot link em / embed them (so it gives the impression they're here) but feel free to link to any rovers related stuff people may find interesting

Having been contacted today by the PR company representing Blackburn Rovers.....You know the one, the one hired in January just prior to a managerial appointment, the company having worked with said manager before, threatening legal action should the emails not be taken down due to a breach of Private and Confidential information, there was one clear thing for me during this telephone conversation.....whilst discussing the 'disclaimer' on the emails i was informed that they "had an original" copy, they also claimed to know where we got it from!!

I took this as an admission regarding the authenticity of the email and was met with..."that is irrelevant"........the conversation didn't last much longer as when the questioning of their motives and role got difficult they hung up on me.

I was then sent an email warning me to be careful about publishing details of the conversation i had with them, so let's see if they send a letter tomorrow shall we....anyone would think they are a registered law firm or something!!

:tu:

All in all a bit of a joke really.

It does show that certain people are seriously rattled.

I wonder what is going to come out next?

There is so much yet to come.

OK being less flippant, those emails read in conjunction with the Rovers web site and the Rovers "defence" in Court point to such a ludicrous break down in any semblance of conventional management structure and operational control that whoever or whatever wanted to have a go at BRFCAG legally would struggle to show that the emails had any authority or were not intended for wider circulation. If Mrs D had a pop, the question could be asked whether in fact she had any standing viz a viz the Rovers and it wouldn't be a moot point at that.

, recently it's been fan on fan threat, which I detest even more. It's bad enough when a company you've never had dealings with do it, it's far worse when it's somebody you've shared a pint with.

very sad to hear that glenn.

• Backroom

As a critic of BRAG they have impressed me here. Don't let them PR buggers get you. They might want to advise their clients to stop being dicks, rather than threatening the proverbial little man!

I saw this post at the BRAG site:

"Following members of the groups committee receiving both telephone calls and emails this afternoon from the PR Company representing Blackburn Rovers Football Club, threatening legal action for the release of “private” emails which, it is claimed should have had the Blackburn Rovers official disclaimer relating to confidential information attached, the article has been temporarily taken down whilst the group seeks advice from our legal representation."

I really struggle with the last few pages of posts which, I think, has more to do with the difference in cultures. From my perspective:

1. If A and B have a conversation, then A can't complain if B tells C (and all the other letters of the alphabet) of that conversation. Obviously exceptions would exist for attorney-client, physician-patient, priest-parishioner conversations, but even then the client, patient and parishioner are free to blab if they like as they own the privilege, not the professional providing advise/counsel.

2. Ditto if someone was cc'd the emails and then shared them with others.

3. The only person with cause for complaint would be Mrs. D (or more accurately the legal entity in which she is a shareholder), and even then her remedy should be limited to terminating the employee leaking the emails (assuming it was an employee and not Mrs. D or another shareholder).

What I'm getting at is how is it that a PR company has any reasonable expectancy that its demand that emails which are not their own remain confidential be complied with? They aren't attorneys (or is this wrong?) and they aren't the originator of the emails (Mrs. D/Venkys).

From my perspective, the UK has needlessly complicated communication and distribution of information. You need to reclaim your right to speak freely regardless of the bags of money and titles that sit on the other side of the fence. It seems like a lot of public ills could be addressed sooner and not kept from public view because of solicitor letters.

The article is there at the moment

Was taken down and then put back up following legal advice, and the kindness of 'Sports PR Company' who proved the authenticity of the letters beyond any doubt both in written and verbal form, so thanks goes out to them :tu:

As a complete theory, and in no way based on any factual information...

Has anyone ever been through the list of players we bought, and double checked how they got passports, and work permits to play for us? I mean, are they ALL eligible. Oops.

As a complete theory, and in no way based on any factual information... Has anyone ever been through the list of players we bought, and double checked how they got passports, and work permits to play for us? I mean, are they ALL eligible. Oops.

Formica had some difficulty with his Italian Passport if i recall correctly?

Formica had some difficulty with his Italian Passport if i recall correctly?

Now you mention it, it does ring a bell. Infact, here's an article I've found confirming he had problems. http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/82/south-america/2011/01/26/2324946/report-financial-wranglings-hold-up-mauro-formicas-move-to

Probably isn't a problem for us anymore, however. I think he may move to Palermo in summer. Although they seem to be in the same amount of @#/? as us. Mafia owned, according to this article. http://sungat.ru/eng/node/330

Out of interest, did the club appoint the same PR firm who was also representing Appleoton?

!!! Very good question! Got them on the run Glen! Great job!

Maybe there's details in those that Mr. Mullan would prefer not to be aired in public(but its a bit of a double standard if that is the case though)

Can't help yourself eh?

Guest Norbert

Easy for me to say, very easy, but bring it on bitches!

Looks like you're really getting them scared BRAG people. Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll blow the lid on all these suspicious goings on.

And anyway, what the hell can a PR firm do? Create fake Twitter profiles bigging up Venky's?

Mate, do you not think you are in this a bit deep? I'm not your biggest fan but this is heavy ....you might find a chicken's head on your pillow.

IF it does start getting 'heavy', there will be a very, very shortlist of suspects.

Not quite sure what concern it is of a PR company to be honest and it is beginning to take the form of harassment now. I'll take the advice of our legal team above that advice of a PR firm any day of the week and sleep easily.

Tell them that one more call and you will pursue a claim for aggravated harassment.

Been following this thread closely with fingers crossed and hoping that something was at last actually happening that could get some real evidence "out there" and I'm thrilled that is now happening. I've been critical of Glen and doubted a lot of his actions in the past mainly because of his so called connection with SS but full credit to him and Brag and anyone who can bring the big top down on these clowns has my vote, well done.

Archived