BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

It is weird how a story, no matter how true it is, can be stopped by legal folk. It shows that the ones stopping the story, are the ones who have much to hide.

This.

If you're going to great lengths to get something from being published, you clearly have something major to hide.

Well, fatboy, and you know who you are, all of these stories will break sooner or later and you will be brought to justice.

It's just a matter of time before you are exposed.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Straw could use his Parliamentary Privilege if this was raised again there.

People talk about using Parliamentary Privilege like it's that easy. To be honest I don't know huge amounts about the system but what I do know is that it's something that should only be used in exceptional circumstances; otherwise MPs would be shooting their mouth off about all manner of things in Parliament.

Do these circumstances match those and would Jack Straw have enough solid 100% confidence that the information he'd be revealing would be accurate? I'm not sure, I don't think very many of us do and I think it would be unfair of us to expect that he'd do so.

Jack Straw could use his Parliamentary Privilege if this was raised again there.

And/or material could be published on the net in a country where libel laws are less rigid eg USA.

The impact there would be negligible but that isn't the point. It would fly round the world in seconds and there would be no-one to sue.

Name and shame.

People talk about using Parliamentary Privilege like it's that easy. To be honest I don't know huge amounts about the system but what I do know is that it's something that should only be used in exceptional circumstances; otherwise MPs would be shooting their mouth off about all manner of things in Parliament.

Do these circumstances match those and would Jack Straw have enough solid 100% confidence that the information he'd be revealing would be accurate? I'm not sure, I don't think very many of us do and I think it would be unfair of us to expect that he'd do so.

From my understanding he can use it as they want assuming it is "in the public interest", however if it was used to allow MPs to "shoot their mouth off" they would damage their own reputations and that of the house.

Jack has been involved to a high degree and has criticised the football authorities for failing to act so I don't think thats an issue.

You don't pay the high cost of sending out threatening legal letters unless you've got something bad to hide.

The sooner this comes out the better.

The problem is that those within the circles of power in football, agents, media don't want their gravy train distrurbing.

The net is closing on the slimy rat with no name, and I’d wager he’s almost at the point where papers are being burnt in the fireplace.

They’ll keep the story out of the press for a while, but with a couple of national newspapers smelling blood it won’t be long before that greedy kean is found out.

Uncomfortable few weeks ahead for the nameless fat keener :tu:

The mail article is just a re-hash of an article which appeared in the independent on March 20th maybe with more meat added but this has been in the public domain for a while...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/blackburn-rovers-farce-deepens-as-shebby-singh-sacks-michael-appleton-by-letter-amid-power-struggle-8541365.html

"Appleton, who took charge after spending two months at Blackpool, had anticipated presiding over a clear-out at the club this summer, having inherited a squad whose composition baffled him. He did not believe that Danny Murphy, signed from Fulham on wages of around £30,000 a week, was delivering enough to command the package of loyalty and bonus payments which had seen him choose Rovers rather than Queen's Park Rangers.

The collection of Portuguese players – signed under Singh's direction during last summer's transfer window – also particularly baffled Appleton. Diogo Rosado, 23, joined from Sporting Lisbon on a three-year deal, with Nuno Henrique, 26, arriving from Academica de Coimbra also on a three-year deal. Neither of the two recruits, part of six who arrived from Portugal, have played for Appleton. Steve Kean, Venky's first Rovers manager, admitted he had never heard of some, shortly before his own dismissal."

Key parts of this article include written by Ian Herbert in the Independent include :-

Shaw and Rovers chief executive Paul Agnew flew to India to persuade matriarch Anuradha Desai to appoint Appleton

That Appleton was baffled by some of the signings notably Murphy/Rosado/Henrique etc...

That Steve Kean had not heard of some of them (the players) before their arrival.

Bowyer, son of the Nottingham Forest European Cup winner Ian Bowyer, had felt that his Blackburn career was over when Shaw seemed to have wrested control from Singh.

Shebby appears to have declared Appleton's appointment by Shaw to be legally invalid.

Michael Appleton was sacked by letter on the orders of the Blackburn Rovers "global adviser" whom he had never met.

That Shebby reinstated Bowyer.

Perhaps Shebby could release a statement clarifying some of these points???

Are you sure about that?

"Bowyer, son of the Nottingham Forest European Cup winner Ian Bowyer, had felt that his Blackburn career was over when Shaw seemed to have wrested control from Singh. But Shaw's own position is the one in doubt, now that the power struggle has swung the other way."

thanks for drawing my attention to that AggyBlue

And/or material could be published on the net in a country where libel laws are less rigid eg USA.

The impact there would be negligible but that isn't the point. It would fly round the world in seconds and there would be no-one to sue.

Name and shame.

send it to me. ill release it from Portugal.

I would like to see a full report of the transfers made in the past 5 years and also have a few that happened in other clubs to compare the fees involved.

The figures that are mentioned can be reasonable, since most of those players was a free agent.

The quality of the players is what is more strange, even though some of those mentioned have quality or can be a good bet for the future (Fabio Nunes, Diogo Rosado, Paulo Jorge). The players that are really a mistery to me is Henrique and Edinho.

But, just to put it in perspective, how much did Rovers pay for Goulon and Linganzi? How much did their agents receive?

Guest Norbert

It is offensive how those who allegedly get up to no good can use the legal system to bully honest people with smaller pockets and basically get away with rampant greed and corruption. I really hope that we can publicly stick it up their chakras and ruin these disgusting pusbags for good. I've always hated leeches.

Maybe the flurry of letters means certain people are feeling the heat. We can only hope.

You are absolutely correct , I spoke with a leading journalist a few days ago and we presented a belt n braced story. It couldn't of been anymore safe . The papers lawyers checked it out , the paper wanted to run it , but it was shelved . This is what we are up against .

( we may just have got it approved elsewhere and it could run this week )

Money and power despite it being the truth ensures so much does not come out , even when it's safe you still risk all you have by taking these on .

Last year a leading Rovers player was asked to fabricate a story to suggest that ALL protesting supporters were doing so with racial motives . He was asked to tell the press that he had been racially abused by the supporters . He refused to do this , although many of the players who showed defiance against the supporters as they were convinced this was the case . Despite the player saying no , someone else within the club was asked to get the story out , however he refused too.

It is widely known by the journos who visited pressers last season that this racial card was been thrown at every opportunity to try and stifle the protest movement and prevent rovers situation being played by media

Re parliament , stuff was discussed under privilege when we went , but bottom line is , they do not regulate football and the book stops with the authorities who refuse to get their hands dirty

If true this is beyond disgraceful. Do we know who made the request? I just am having a hard time getting my head around that. A clear sign, as if we needed another, of the break between the club and it's fans.

IF the allegations highlighted in bold are true, and I make no comment either way as to whether they are or not, then that highlights an unpleasant way of operating and comes under the category of "We don't like the owners and this is one of the reasons why" does it not.

It's not really a matter for the FA or wider authorities to become involved in.

Perhaps, with the hyper-sensitivity toward all things considered racist, it is more a case for the local authorities. Surely falsifying reports of a racially motivated incident is a crime of some sort?

As Kean was neither Indian nor Black I fail to see the connection you're trying to make there. Unless you're trying to suggest the allegation from JA was that Rovers fans were suffering form a particularly nasty case of anti Scottishism.

To me he is clearly pointing to the point that the Rovers fans were doing that simply because the owners are Indian. He does not say it but to me that is what he is alluding to.

I bet glen was expecting a similar story but with shagnew/Jerome at the centre and not is mate 'good old shabby sheister'!

Never heard the BRFCAG criticised Shebby for his involvement in bring in these players who have never played much for Rovers and wasted money on transfer fees, wages and agent fees.

also his involvement in turning rovers into a totally shambles.

Guest Norbert

Sky Sports dont give a monkeys anyway, never forget who their favourite footy agent is :angry2:

Yep, SEM Soccer Saturday all the way. How pr_cks like Merson can get on TV, even on a network called Al-Kebab Super Sports based in Tunisia is testiment to how Sky Sports and SEM are big time bum chums. I watch the BBC show, and even if it has Garth Crooks on it, it is still better.

SALGADO :tu:

Former Spain full-back Michel Salgado has revealed the exact reasons behind his acrimonious exit from Blackburn Rovers, while launching a withering attack on the club’s controversial owners.

http://www.sport360.com/football/crazy-venkys-salgado-blows-lid-blackburn-malaise

Shows what a superb individual Salgado really is, he was with us a relatively short time, and apart from Diouf is the only one to speak out on behalf of the fans, all the other players, boardroom and backroom staff should hang their heads in shame. Legend is a word that gets bandied around way too often, Salgado is one who has earned the moniker.

Shows what a superb individual Salgado really is, he was with us a relatively short time, and apart from Diouf is the only one to speak out on behalf of the fans, all the other players, boardroom and backroom staff should hang their heads in shame. Legend is a word that gets bandied around way too often, Salgado is one who has earned the moniker.

Yup, the silence from long-time Rovers like Nelsen & Emerton is shocking by comparison.

Archived