BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

The point is that we are not the first , but it's the authorities responsibility to ensure we are the last .

Glen

Credit if what you have or this dossier is potentially the club's? saving grace but this is what puzzles me - if the authorities are responsible to ensure we are the "last" this says to me there must be countless evidence of whatever it is this crazy quagmire is all about -so why are they making life so difficult'?

If we are not the first, why all the obstacles what are they doing to ensure we are the last as it certainly doesn't appear that way from Rovers perspective.

What makes you think what we have will make that difference as the supposed authorites seem to be sending you down never ending tunnels?

(personal loss apart) Why delay as we are truly screwed regardless- why would 18 months ago have made any difference as this to me just allays to the fact the joke that football has been in for many years and what many of us already feel and were not gullible to fall for the glamour of the Premier league and its razzle dazzle (and have fallen out with the game)

What is the damning evidence?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glen

Credit if what you have or this dossier is potentially the club's? saving grace but this is what puzzles me - if the authorities are responsible to ensure we are the "last" this says to me there must be countless evidence of whatever it is this crazy quagmire is all about -so why are they making life so difficult'?

If we are not the first, why all the obstacles what are they doing to ensure we are the last as it certainly doesn't appear that way from Rovers perspective.

What makes you think what we have will make that difference as the supposed authorites seem to be sending you down never ending tunnels?

(personal loss apart) Why delay as we are truly screwed regardless- why would 18 months ago have made any difference as this to me just allays to the fact the joke that football has been in for many years and what many of us already feel and were not gullible to fall for the glamour of the Premier league and its razzle dazzle (and have fallen out with the game)

What is the damning evidence?

It's a fair question and one I will answer with an example .

We have got stories out there but the juicer the story the harder it gets to get it printed .

We have a number of journalist trying their hardest to get particular stories out , but they are being hit with lawyer letter after lawyer letter at present .

We just do not have the financial muscle to just put things out in the public domain . As each piece is a jigsaw which required testimony . Without the pieces all together it ain't a story . We have the pieces but its obvious its us as it would require our thumbprint for anyone to make any sense of it.

If all goes to plan this week , I'm pretty sure the back pages are going to be very interesting and in favour of the supporters and the club long tern

• Backroom

You know I wasn't being serious, Tom. In any case, it's a poor show to have someone on the fans forum being so narrow-minded as to say the opinions of those who don't have a season ticket are irrelevant. Does a fans forum not represent the views of the fans?

A broad range of views yes

And ES has a view and is a fan so its valid

We have a number of journalist trying their hardest to get particular stories out , but they are being hit with lawyer letter after lawyer letter

Glen if the evidence is that compelling then surely the best way to get it into public domain is for Jack Straw to use Parlimentary Privilege to get it out there. Key question, is Jack convinced of wrongdoing by what you have gathered?

It's a fair question and one I will answer with an example .

We have got stories out there but the juicer the story the harder it gets to get it printed .

We have a number of journalist trying their hardest to get particular stories out , but they are being hit with lawyer letter after lawyer letter at present .

We just do not have the financial muscle to just put things out in the public domain . As each piece is a jigsaw which required testimony . Without the pieces all together it ain't a story . We have the pieces but its obvious its us as it would require our thumbprint for anyone to make any sense of it.

If all goes to plan this week , I'm pretty sure the back pages are going to be very interesting and in favour of the supporters and the club long tern

I don't understand this constant complaint about being hit by lawyer's' letters - it ain't an offence to publish the truth about anyone and never has been.

If you can't produce the evidence to back up your assertions then the likeliehood is you're barking up the wrong tree in the first place.

I don't understand this constant complaint about being hit by lawyer's' letters - it ain't an offence to publish the truth about anyone and never has been.

If you can't produce the evidence to back up your assertions then the likeliehood is you're barking up the wrong tree in the first place.

This in a way is what I am trying to get at - if there is something wrong and its fact - is there is a coverup and how can it be an offence to publish it

Glen - is the jigsaw you refer to a 'can of worms' for the game or is it just Rovers directly - what difference will it make between now and the end of the season by revealing all at present?

Still doesn't sound to me like we will be the 'last' as stated - how does this suggestion back up?

Or it's being taken to court by someone with pretty deep pockets, that can "afford" to be in the wrong and still get their way.

You will, of course, contribute to the fighting fund to defend any action taken against Glen, should anything happen as a result of any disclosure?

Or put your own house up for collateral? You are being disingenuous. Civil cases can drag on for years and exhaust your entire resources whether you are right or wrong. Ever heard of Jarndyce v Jarndyce?

Not often you and me agree with anything these days Rev, but that is the scenario that a lot of fans would align with. Most fans would see things as black and white. You either have conclusive proof of wrongdoings, or you don't. If you have proof then apart from the obvious pressure of lawyers threatening you - that anyone would have, it's really make your mind up time. Publish or don't publish. I can't see where money comes into that.

Nick Cohen wrote a book recently about censorship in the world

His chapter on libel cases and whistleblowers in the UK shows how difficult it is to get the truth out here. It doesn't matter if what you're saying is the truth, there are all kinds of other hoops to jump through and hurdles to navigate before you can even consider going public with what you know

Why do you think so many shady oligarchs live in London? Because they can use our courts to prosecute anyone who dares speak a word against them

Not often you and me agree with anything these days Rev, but that is the scenario that a lot of fans would align with. Most fans would see things as black and white. You either have conclusive proof of wrongdoings, or you don't. If you have proof then apart from the obvious pressure of lawyers threatening you - that anyone would have, it's really make your mind up time. Publish or don't publish. I can't see where money comes into that.

Den, money comes into it when you have to prove your "proof" in court. If you don't have enough wonga, then it can go on forever, you have to withdraw and then pay the others costs.

I trust that you, along with Rev will offer monetary support to Glen following disclosure.

As an example, I was involved in a case where an organisation I was involved with had to sue someone. We had to put up $200,000.00 BEFORE we could take the action to court.

Things aint cheap when you get into a courtroom.

As Mr Birch says, the opposing party could just drag it through the courts, being as obstructive as possible.

A long time spent in court means astronomical legal fees. So the party you go after is leveraging his wealth to beat you, on the presumption that you'll just run out of money.

Hey ho, life ain't fair.

Den, money comes into it when you have to prove your "proof" in court. If you don't have enough wonga, then it can go on forever, you have to withdraw and then pay the others costs.

I trust that you, along with Rev will offer monetary support to Glen following disclosure.

As an example, I was involved in a case where an organisation I was involved with had to sue someone. We had to put up $200,000.00 BEFORE we could take the action to court.

Things aint cheap when you get into a courtroom.

Fair enough Dave, so BRAG have to drop the whole idea then. This isn't having a go at BRAG, you or anyone else in any way, I appreciate what they're trying to do. What would you recommend they do?

Not my finest moment. Apologies to you and any other fan who can't attend Ewood for whatever reason.

In my defence I had just got back from Hillsborough and had just read a couple of posts on a different thread in which two 'fans' were squabbling over what colour kit the replacement team should wear! At that point the 'red mist' well and truly descended. Sorry once again for any offence caused.

Those empty seats see and know more than you ES.

What you need to do is find out what it is that they see that you dont.

• Moderation Lead

The use of Parliamentary privilege sounds like a good idea - and Jack Straw is not the only member of Parliament who is a Rovers fan.

Aye, as the FA and the relevant football authorities seem keen to do the square root of f**k all.

If I'm honest, I still don't understand the nature, depth and seriousness of the contents of the dossier.

It's been suggested before, but surely a fictional story about a fictional football club could be written, so at least the Rovers fans would know what's going on?

There would be no comeback on that...?

If I'm honest, I still don't understand the nature, depth and seriousness of the contents of the dossier.

It's been suggested before, but surely a fictional story about a fictional football club could be written, so at least the Rovers fans would know what's going on?

There would be no comeback on that...?

I'm pretty sure it's not that easy to circumvent the law. You could extend that to individuals then. Like with the Ryan Giggs thing a while back. Somebody could have just written a story about a shagaround footballer named Bryan Riggs.

There have to be laws in place that prevent people from doing it or people would have done it by now.

I don't know what is in the dossier. I wish it were released so we could see whether there is actual evidence, even if only bones of a case, or if it is merely reams of baseless speculation and a Chinese take-out menu or two.

What I really regret reading this is the UK's draconian libel and slander laws which effectively prevent a wide ranging open debate on what is clearly an issue of public importance (both locally, in Blackburn, and nationally in light of the various disasters chancers have caused entire football communities).

Just read up on the background of the Lance Armstrong case if you need to understand how difficult it is to prove you are correct, even if you are correct. There is a lot of naivety on this thread.

Just read up on the background of the Lance Armstrong case if you need to understanding how difficult it is to prove you are correct, even if you are correct. There is a lot of naivety on this thread.

You are absolutely correct , I spoke with a leading journalist a few days ago and we presented a belt n braced story. It couldn't of been anymore safe . The papers lawyers checked it out , the paper wanted to run it , but it was shelved . This is what we are up against .

( we may just have got it approved elsewhere and it could run this week )

Money and power despite it being the truth ensures so much does not come out , even when it's safe you still risk all you have by taking these on .

Last year a leading Rovers player was asked to fabricate a story to suggest that ALL protesting supporters were doing so with racial motives . He was asked to tell the press that he had been racially abused by the supporters . He refused to do this , although many of the players who showed defiance against the supporters as they were convinced this was the case . Despite the player saying no , someone else within the club was asked to get the story out , however he refused too.

It is widely known by the journos who visited pressers last season that this racial card was been thrown at every opportunity to try and stifle the protest movement and prevent rovers situation being played by media

Re parliament , stuff was discussed under privilege when we went , but bottom line is , they do not regulate football and the book stops with the authorities who refuse to get their hands dirty

You are absolutely correct , I spoke with a leading journalist a few days ago and we presented a belt n braced story. It couldn't of been anymore safe . The papers lawyers checked it out , the paper wanted to run it , but it was shelved . This is what we are up against .

Money and power despite it being the truth ensures so much does not come out , even when it's safe you still risk all you have by taking these on .

Last year a leading Rovers player was asked to fabricate a story to suggest that ALL protesting supporters were doing so with racial motives . He was asked to tell the press that he had been racially abused by the supporters . He refused to do this , although many of the players who showed defiance against the supporters as they were convinced this was the case . Despite the player saying no , someone else within the club was asked to get the story out , however he refused too.

It is widely known by the journos who visited pressers last season that this racial card was been thrown at every opportunity to try and stifle the protest movement and prevent rovers situation being played by media

Re parliament , stuff was discussed under privilege when we went , but bottom line is , they do not regulate football and the book stops with the authorities who refuse to get their hands dirty

I take it that is the same player who was quoted as saying "I find it hard to wear a T-shirt after what has happened in the last year." Referring to a kick racism out of football t-shirt.

Obviously then either said paper's lawyers did not agree the story was safe to run or there wasn't enough general interest in the story to make it worthwhile the paper publishing.

Nothing whatsoever stopping you publishing the story yourself though if it's as belt and braced as you suggest.

IF the allegations highlighted in bold are true, and I make no comment either way as to whether they are or not, then that highlights an unpleasant way of operating and comes under the category of "We don't like the owners and this is one of the reasons why" does it not.

It's not really a matter for the FA or wider authorities to become involved in.

Archived