BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BT /ESPN

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bt sport have just tweeted pricing details

£15 a month standalone or free with Bt broadband or Bt infinity (which are only £10 or £15 monthly respectively)

£3 extra for HD But free for 12 months if signed up before August

http://bit.ly/12ihRSh

I'm still waiting for training, but Its not currently available on anything other than Sky Sports and BT Vision.

If you have exisiting BT Broadband and either Sky or Vision and you sign up before August you can get BT Sport for free.

if you don't have BT Broadband but want to take advantage of the offer then there are a number of packages available, have a look at bt.com. (BT infinity is available in certain areas, I know that it is in Accrington, but you'd have to check for your own area on bt.com if you want that too!)

I'm just picking up information off my colleagues at the moment, but as soon as I know any more I'll post.

• Backroom

ordered ...free works for me. Is MLB on it?

MLB will be on but they can't advertise yet as the acquisition of the ESPN American content isn't finalised just yet

good point, fkin hop e so... or they can stick the proposed TiVo upgrade

Unfortunately not... BT sport is only available on Sky and BT Vision / Youview... or if you have BT Broadband you can download the app from BT.com and watch it online.

It doesn't look like it will become available on Virgin, however that may change in the future.

Unfortunately not... BT sport is only available on Sky and BT Vision / Youview... or if you have BT Broadband you can download the app from BT.com and watch it online.

It doesn't look like it will become available on Virgin, however that may change in the future.

Yep as a Virgin XL customer, I'll be leaving before August. Will keep their broadband though.

I've got BT broadband and the £5 tv subscription with a youview box, Will the sports channels be available on the youview or just online?

So if I have bt broadband I get the channels for free even if I don't have a bt vision box?

Not on Freeview though... As Tom says you will have to have a Sky box and a valid viewing card.

If you have neither then you will have to download the app and watch online, but the cheapest Vision package is only £5 a month, most expensive is £15 a month (both have a £49 activation fee though).

I don't know how it compares to Sky's prices but you can get phone, broadband and TV from BT (including BT Sport) for less than £30 a month.

bt will be another tinpot, backwater subscriber that will disappear into obscurity like setanta, @#/? amateurs, hate their stupid commercials too. (I am a virgin media subscriber)

There's something funny that I could tell you but I signed an NDA... It must be like working for Venkys!!!

BT have waaaaay too much into this for it to just disappear... unlike all the other "tinpot, backwater" operations there have been, BT are the biggest telecommunications provider in UK, and one of the biggest in the world.

Competition just got very serious for Sky in terms of sports, and BT's share price movements on Friday reflected that.

I've got BT broadband and the £5 tv subscription with a youview box, Will the sports channels be available on the youview or just online?

No they will be on Youview, doesn't matter what your subscription levels are etiher... as BT Broadband customer, you can have sports for free, you just need to register.

The download limits on BT Internet make it less appealing for me tbh.

I'll have a good look about and compare...

There is only one BB option that is limited and that is aimed at low users anyway, £15 a month is the cheapest totally unlimited broadband deal, if you couple that up with free sports for 12 months its a really good deal.

No they will be on Youview, doesn't matter what your subscription levels are etiher... as BT Broadband customer, you can have sports for free, you just need to register.

There is only one BB option that is limited and that is aimed at low users anyway, £15 a month is the cheapest totally unlimited broadband deal, if you couple that up with free sports for 12 months its a really good deal.

Wicked, cheers for the answer dude.

So I don't have BT but my mother does, she doesn't have sky but I do. Can I get the channels from her account on my sky box?

I only ask as before I got sky I just signed up to skygo from her account and watched sky at my place through that route. Thought this might be similar.

So I don't have BT but my mother does, she doesn't have sky but I do. Can I get the channels from her account on my sky box?

I only ask as before I got sky I just signed up to skygo from her account and watched sky at my place through that route. Thought this might be similar.

Hmmmmmm... not 100% sure... You would be able to use the BT Sport app for sure by logging on to her online account, but as far as watching it on TV, your line has an ID, and I'm pretty sure that would stop it happening, because when we put the service on her account it would register to her line and not yours... I'm going to check that tomorrow and I'll let you know, but I'm pretty confident that will be the case.

bt will be another tinpot, backwater subscriber that will disappear into obscurity like setanta, @#/? amateurs, hate their stupid commercials too. (I am a virgin media subscriber)

tinpot ? backwater ? ameteurs?

go on do tell us more how BT is tinpot ,back water and ameteur.

Hopefully start of good news for Virgin Medians like me (posted 7 hours ago):-

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/bt-in-wholesale-talks-with-virgin-talktalk-about-bt-sport--942938

BT in wholesale talks with Virgin, TalkTalk about BT Sport

Monday 13 May 2013 | 10:55 CET | NewsBT is in wholesale talks with Virgin Media and TalkTalk about the new BT Sport channels, reports Total Telecom. During a press event in London, BT Retail CEO Gavin Patterson said that BT has held talks with Virgin, but added that it was difficult for Virgin to value the service until it was launched. He said that talks would continue over the next couple of weeks.

So you don't actually have to have BT broadband to stream the channels through the app; you just need the log-in details for someone who has?

Theoretically yes... but this will mean having someone's "my BT" log in details, if you can find someone willing to give you those details then you'll be able to get the app.

I'm pretty sure whenever you use it you will need to log in, so you'll need permanent access to these details off someone.

I live in a shared house but the BT internet is in my name, will I be the only one able to have the 'app' on my laptop, or can everyone in the house get it?

I asked this question as BT Sport isn't available in multi-room format, and we came to the conclusion that it must be the case.

As with the answer to the above question, you will need to be happy about sharing these details with your house mates though.

Archived