BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If England don't show some fight from here and win at least 1 Test Stokes should resign as captain and McCullum consider his position

😂😂🤣

England shown plenty of fight today. what are going on about. 

Stokes should remain Captain and McCullum as head coach regardless of the Ashes results. Your approach is outdated and reminds me of the 80's and 90's with mental decision making 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stokes should remain Captain and McCullum as head coach regardless of the Ashes results. Your approach is outdated and reminds me of the 80's and 90's with mental decision making 

The results against Australia under them so far is reminiscent of the 90's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

The footballification of crowds at test matches in this country is awful. Booing Smith when getting his well deserved man of the match award just isn't cricket.

Neither is cheating your way to a win. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

We need bowlers, as Anderson is finished. Bazball is fine against lesser teams but against there needs to be intelligence about the situation.

We've lost the ashes due to stupidity.

We have a plethora of white ball cricketers trying to play Test cricket as that's been our focus for the last decade - there's a reason Aus can't get close to us in the shorter formats.

The vast majority of them are walking wickets - their only chance is to be hyper aggressive and put bowlers off their lines and lengths. We also (partly due to injuries) have no strike bowlers at the moment.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

😂😂🤣

England shown plenty of fight today. what are going on about. 

"Mental decision making". Excuse me while I larf

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The results against Australia under them so far is reminiscent of the 90's.

We have played well at times and I would expect the to carry on playing the same way. 

10 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

We need bowlers, as Anderson is finished. Bazball is fine against lesser teams but against there needs to be intelligence about the situation.

it isn't McCullum who has told them to play there. Did you listen to what Stokes said at the post match interview with Mike Atherton? Him, McCullum and the rest of the coaches about given the players absolute clarity of how they want to play. Its down to how each player wants to play

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The footballification of crowds at test matches in this country is awful. Booing Smith when getting his well deserved man of the match award just isn't cricket.

I would say they were others who deserved that Man of the match award likes Stokes, Tongue, Starc. 

The crowd are more than right to make their views known to these cheats

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No.

So I assume that Ben Stokes is a cheat in your eyes given he has previously been given out obstructing the field? How do you feel about Mike Atherton on commentary?

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The crowd are more than right to make their views known to these cheats

That's is exactly the sort of answer that I would have expected from you.

Edited by Ewood Ace

30 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Bazball is a philosophy of flat-track bullies. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say they were others who deserved that Man of the match award likes Stokes, Tongue, Starc. 

The first innings was the difference between the two teams England put them in and by your own admission they were perfect bowling conditions and Smith stood up a made a fine century. I'd have thought you'd have learnt after the first test that first innings runs are vital.

17 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That's is exactly the sort of answer that I would have expected from you.

oh well thanks for the reply 👍

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I'm pleased you enjoy losing. Most England fans don't 

Of course I don't like losing but as McCullum has just said now on Sky Sports that we aren't far away at all and I agree with him. England will come back and I would make a a couple of changes.

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The first innings was the difference between the two teams England put them in and by your own admission they were perfect bowling conditions and Smith stood up a made a fine century. I'd have thought you'd have learnt after the first test that first innings runs are vital.

Yes England didn't bowl well enough in those conditions but Smith innings weren't outstanding like Stokes was. I would make 2 changes for the next test Wood and Ali in for Robinson and Anderson. 

All runs matters don't there? of course they do. 

Stokes and his players need to be abit more smarter with some shot selection decisions. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That was 42 years for god sake.

There's a theme here though. As it happens, I thought Bairstow was very unprofessional in what he did - that sort of stumping would have taken place in club cricket. England have to play harder (within the rules) as this lot stretch the rules to the limit - they always have done.

Well done to Aussies, best team in the world and at times they've showed it, despite trying to cheat.

For all the critics of bazball, here is the scorecard from the last England test innings before the Bazball revolution.

West Indies won by 10wkts

I can’t wait to go back to those halcyon days, can you…..

IMG_0242.thumb.png.eb6ce32ce72e29e846ecb847d340827e.png

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We haven’t lost an Ashes series at home for 22 years, if we do so this time it is a failure of the captain and coach. That surely is unarguable?

They can only play the cards they're dealt - they haven't been dealt many top-class Test players.

Only Root would get in the Aussie XI.

• Like 2