BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brendon McCullum: Australia will live to regret Jonny Bairstow decision

Brendon McCullum: Australia will live to regret Jonny Bairstow decision (msn.com)

You are mixing the 2 situations up here whilst they are entirely different situations. 

Also the majority of the Lords crowd made their feelings know to the Australia and I think the MCC have been weak and given in the Australia here IMO. You don't

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/9ed61eea-9d56-47ed-a491-5b748b1cf094

I really wish they wouldn't come out with this sort of stuff and instead do their talking on the cricket pitch

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/brendon-mccullum-australia-will-live-to-regret-jonny-bairstow-decision/ar-AA1dnanz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=ac734b765c5c454eb4dd45cf59b179a8&ei=9

What's he going to say when the other lot win at Headingley to seal the Ashes?

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

No as usual your one eyedness is tying yourself up in knots. You can't talk about the spirit of cricket and then champion MCC members shouting abuse at the opposing team in the Lords long room and perhaps even more so at the end of the week that English cricket has just had.

2 very different situation as I explained before. nothing more to add to what I have already said 

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Bairstow shouldn't be doing that either. As I said since yesterday both Umpires have moved like it was over and Bairstow was walking down to talk to Stokes like at the end of every over. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 very different situation as I explained before. nothing more to add to what I have already said 

Bairstow shouldn't be doing that either. As I said since yesterday both Umpires have moved like it was over and Bairstow was walking down to talk to Stokes like at the end of every over. 

It was more to do with McCullum doing it 3 times and being a hypocrite…

31 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

No as usual your one eyedness is tying yourself up in knots. You can't talk about the spirit of cricket and then champion MCC members shouting abuse at the opposing team in the Lords long room and perhaps even more so at the end of the week that English cricket has just had.

What have the MCC members got to do with the Australian cricket squad and their conduct? 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 2

It's bad whoever does it. If we've done it before then we've no right to complain but it's still poor form. For me if you come out of your crease as part of your batting action or in an attempt to get a run then you're fair game for a stumping but if you're doing neither of those things it's a bit poor. 

That other clip posted of de grandwhathisface, I'd say is very different as he's down on his knees batting and has to come out of his crease to stand up. It's a different situation entirely, not saying it's right but they're very different. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What has the MCC members got to do with the Australian cricket squad and their conduct? 

The conduct of the Australian team was fine the conduct from some MCC member less so. Shouting abuse at the opposition should never happen in cricket and certainly not from members of crickets greatest institution (which they brought shame on yesterday). If you are as keen on the spirit of cricket as the poster I was responding to claims to be then I don't think you'd think that was in the spirit. It's certainly not in the spirt of crowds that I have watched cricket in for over 60 years. Not to mention that in this week of all the images were most certainly not what English cricket needed. 

The tribal football type support of crowds which have long attended one day games are now attending at test matches and it creates an awful atmosphere. Booing Smith when getting his well deserved man of the match award just isn't cricket. This series all we seem to have heard from the crowds is either booing the opposition, chanting juvenile songs or shouting profanities. The ECB need to get a grip of it because when it is spreading to the Lords long room it is clearly a problem.

27 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

It's bad whoever does it. If we've done it before then we've no right to complain but it's still poor form. For me if you come out of your crease as part of your batting action or in an attempt to get a run then you're fair game for a stumping but if you're doing neither of those things it's a bit poor. 

If you were attempting a run though you would be run out. Bairstow was stumped.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if you read the link I provide from McCullum's comments he provided you with the answer to that. 

He regretted it so much that he did it two more times after the first time in 2005. Also he has never apologised for the Zimbabwe one in 2005 he only apologised for the Sri Lanka one and only then 10 years later when he was invited to give the 'spirit of cricket lecture' and Sangakkara (whose century Murali was going to celebrate) was on the panel.

Edited by Ewood Ace

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The tribal football type support of crowds which have long attended one day games are now attending at test matches and it creates an awful atmosphere. Booing Smith when getting his well deserved man of the match award just isn't cricket. This series all we seem to have heard from the crowds is either booing the opposition, chanting juvenile songs or shouting profanities. The ECB need to get a grip of it because when it is spreading to the Lords long room it is clearly a problem.

They've been booing England teams "down under" ever since we first toured there. In fact they were probably the only cricket crowd in the world to do so until recently. They boo us because they hate the English and our crowds have started booing them because of their perceived cheating. I don't like hearing it at English grounds and I agree we shouldn't resort to their boorish behaviour but the booing is nothing to do with football.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If you were attempting a run though you would be run out. Bairstow was stumped.

That's what I said. If you're attempting a run or batting out you're crease then fair enough but bairstow was doing neither. 

To me it's the same as in football not giving the ball back from a throw in after its been put out for an injury and then going on to score. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

They've been booing England teams "down under" ever since we first toured there. In fact they were probably the only cricket crowd in the world to do so until recently. They boo us because they hate the English and our crowds have started booing them because of their perceived cheating. I don't like hearing it at English grounds and I agree we shouldn't resort to their boorish behaviour but the booing is nothing to do with football.

The booing started back in 2009 it was directed then Aussie captain Ricky Ponting who wasn't a cheat he played hard but fair and was a wonderful batsman to watch. The booing has carried on ever since, it is rather unedifying and crowd behaviour is only getting worse.

Edited by Ewood Ace

47 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The conduct of the Australian team was fine the conduct from some MCC member less so. Shouting abuse at the opposition should never happen in cricket and certainly not from members of crickets greatest institution (which they brought shame on yesterday). If you are as keen on the spirit of cricket as the poster I was responding to claims to be then I don't think you'd think that was in the spirit. It's certainly not in the spirt of crowds that I have watched cricket in for over 60 years. Not to mention that in this week of all the images were most certainly not what English cricket needed. 

Rubbish, the MCC members are more than entitle to voice their opinion and the MCC shouldn't stop them doing that. They are wrong to do so. 

Spirit of cricket is on the pitch. So going by what you are saying that the crowd can't voiced their opinions ever. 

There is nothing to wrong with the crowd expressing their opinion. 

Smith didn't deserved the Man of the match. Joke decision. They were 4 much better performances on the pitch

He regretted it so much that he did it two more times after the first time in 2005. Also he has never apologised for the Zimbabwe one in 2005 he only apologised for the Sri Lanka one and only then 10 years later when he was invited to give the 'spirit of cricket lecture' and Sangakkara (whose century Murali was going to celebrate) was on the panel.

McCullum isn't in the England team and Stokes has said he wouldn't want to win that way or which he allow a batsman to be out in those circumstances. Stokes already said that the umpires moved like it was over which I said at the time on here. 

Are you Australia Ewood Ace? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Rubbish, the MCC members are more than entitle to voice their opinion and the MCC shouldn't stop them doing that. They are wrong to do so. 

If the regulations are still the same as when I was a member and I expect that they still are then from what I have seen online some members overstepped the mark yesterday. And Guy Lavender evidently concurs given that members have been suspended, an apology issued to Australia and he had to address the long room at lunch.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Are you Australia Ewood Ace? 

No I'm just consistent which I can appreciate is a completely alien concept to you.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course the members aren’t entitled to get in the face of players.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brendon McCullum: Australia will live to regret Jonny Bairstow decision

Brendon McCullum: Australia will live to regret Jonny Bairstow decision (msn.com)

You are mixing the 2 situations up here whilst they are entirely different situations. 

Also the majority of the Lords crowd made their feelings know to the Australia and I think the MCC have been weak and given in the Australia here IMO. You don't

Do you not think if most the crowd made their feelings known but the MCC only felt it necessary to suspend three of its members that maybe, just maybe, those three took it too far??

Blimey, that ended up being a bloody long sentence.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

MCC members get in trouble if they wear the wrong blazer/tie.

They’re certainly going to get into trouble for confronting players inside the pavilion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

They missed off “failure to have a full Windsor knot in one’s tie”.

Or ‘the inappropriate flashing of one’s ankle (or ankles)’:

A formal standard of dress applies in the Pavilion on all match days. 

Gentlemen

• A tailored jacket or blazer with a collared shirt;

• Tie or cravat;

• Tailored trousers (chinos, corduroys or other formal trousers); and

• Footwear appropriate to a formal setting with socks which cover the ankle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Throughout the debate around the Bairstow incident you have been keen to point out the failures of other people 

Some would call this whataboutery 

Personally I don’t think the Murali incident of 2006, the 1930s body line series or the behaviour of the MCC members yesterday are relevant to the wicket. I don’t think two wrongs make a right

You are welcome to your opinion on the incident, of course, but you need to tell us why you keep mentioning incidents from over 10 years ago as though they explain the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Australian team only yesterday?

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are welcome to your opinion on the incident, of course, but you need to tell us why you keep mentioning incidents from over 10 years ago as though they explain the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Australian team only yesterday?

Ironically he told one poster to stop living in the past when discussing cheating and sandpaper…..

Hope you enjoyed the weekend Dreams, despite the result. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Throughout the debate around the Bairstow incident you have been keen to point out the failures of other people 

Some would call this whataboutery 

Personally I don’t think the Murali incident of 2006, the 1930s body line series or the behaviour of the MCC members yesterday are relevant to the wicket. I don’t think two wrongs make a right

It's not whataboutery because I don't think Australia did anything wrong as I have clearly said on here. You say two wrongs don't make a right but I have no problem with McCullum's run's against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, for me there is nothing wrong with them the only players to blame just like with Bairstow on Sunday is a dozy batsman. I'm am just pointing out McCullum's hypocrisy.

On 32/33 I used that in response to a poster saying that it was always Australia who were guilty of I think the phrase was 'bending the rules' or something like that and I was just saying that an Australian might point to England bending the laws first when they used leg theory. I personally have no problem with leg theory bowling I think it was a piece of tactical genius from Jardine that got the best out a genuinely fast bowling attacking, limited the greatest player the game will ever see, beat a very very strong Australia team in their own backyard and delivered perhaps England's greatest ever series victory.

As for MCC members I was just pointing out to someone who was championing the spirit of cricket when criticising Australia that it was rather at odds for him to also be championing MCC members shouting abuse at Australia players in the long room. Is that really in the spirit of the game? It's certainly not in the spirit of crowds that I have sat in for 60 odd years.

12 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's good of you to tell me I'm welcome to my opinion. I must have missed you becoming a moderator congrats on that. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

Some will be calling to ban the Barmy Army next!  Having been to every Australian test ground I can see why the Barmy Army was formed, strength in numbers against the very partizan Aussies. Nothing wrong with that but plenty stepped over the line.
The football style fans referred to by some on here didn’t start in this country.