BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

lets see what the new England Director of Cricket Andrew Strauss says about the KP issue tomorrow at his 1st press conference since starting that role.

I would be very surprised if KP returns for the test team under Strauss's leadership.

Maybe the club has closed ranks.

Abbey, Strauss has ruled out any Recalled for KP according to BBC Sport/Jonathon Agnew.

Time to move on.

KP has been kick out of the team twice, plus text gate and this book.

Far too baggage to be consider for the England team

Chaddy you should change KP for Robbo.

Your logic is the same.

The cricketing snobs have closed ranks against the best player we have because he opened his mouth and said what should be said against the MCC hierarchy. This is absolutely scandalous. I might have guessed that Chaddy would again support the establishment but for what it is worth I can no longer support the England set up when this sort of thing is tolerated. From now on my cricket support is for Lancashire only. I cannot tolerate this sort of discrimination in sport. It's a shame as I used to enjoy test cricket but I can't support this bunch of snobs.

• Like 2

The cricketing snobs have closed ranks against the best player we have because he opened his mouth and said what should be said against the MCC hierarchy. This is absolutely scandalous. I might have guessed that Chaddy would again support the establishment but for what it is worth I can no longer support the England set up when this sort of thing is tolerated. From now on my cricket support is for Lancashire only. I cannot tolerate this sort of discrimination in sport. It's a shame as I used to enjoy test cricket but I can't support this bunch of snobs.

nutshell

Strauss has said that KP is isn't his plans for England this summer. Strauss has said that there is 'massive trust issue' with KP.

also says that Cook has his full support and will be test captain for the summer but Joe Root will be vice captain for the test matches while Morgan will continue as ODI and 20/twenty captain.

Strauss will talk to potential candidates about the Head coach role. Gillespie will be talk to about the role.

Abbey and Al, tbh I wouldn't have let KP back into the England team after he was guilty of texting the Opposition team about Strauss who was his captain. I see that Piers Morgan is already out there fighting KP corner.

lets not forget that this is the same KP who has been kick out of the team twice by England. Steve Waugh has said he wouldn't pick KP again if he was in charge of the England Team. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/steve-waugh-tells-england-to-move-on-from-kevin-pietersen-because-hes-not-a-great-player-right-now-10188631.html

KP is an odious arrogant fart like his fat mate morgan, I'd rather we lost the cricket match than let this idiot back in. Lets be fair, he's not give a toss about playing for england until the ashes come around again....

Decent batsman though....

What did the Aussies do with David Warner?

Good management get their best players on the pitch.

See Craig Bellamy, Roy Keane, Andy Cole, John Terry, Ashley Cole etc...

• Like 1

Strauss has said that KP is isn't his plans for England this summer. Strauss has said that there is 'massive trust issue' with KP.

also says that Cook has his full support and will be test captain for the summer but Joe Root will be vice captain for the test matches while Morgan will continue as ODI and 20/twenty captain.

Strauss will talk to potential candidates about the Head coach role. Gillespie will be talk to about the role.

Abbey and Al, tbh I wouldn't have let KP back into the England team after he was guilty of texting the Opposition team about Strauss who was his captain. I see that Piers Morgan is already out there fighting KP corner.

lets not forget that this is the same KP who has been kick out of the team twice by England. Steve Waugh has said he wouldn't pick KP again if he was in charge of the England Team. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/steve-waugh-tells-england-to-move-on-from-kevin-pietersen-because-hes-not-a-great-player-right-now-10188631.html

you didn't want robbo back either even though he was best keeper we had.

• Like 1

in your opinion of course Abbey.

but it wasn't my opinion and hasn't been mine 14 months ago

And my opinion too but that didn't stop you for campaigning to undermine him. Now it's KP's turn.

Repeating what, has been, Strauss says doesn't prove anything nor does repeating "in my opinion" The fact remains he is by a long, long way the best batsman we have, far better than, failed captain, Cook. If your star player has an issue with an inferior player you drop that player not your best one. The stuffed shirts of the ECB choose to back the failed captain though and of course being the establishment so does Chaddy.

Please don't someone come on here and accuse me of bullying Chaddy. He has stated his opinion and I do not agree with it. Live with it.

South Aussie Rover has it right. The England team in Australia was dysfunctional and KP is the scapegoat. I'm finished with the England cricket team.

I'm no great cricket fan so I've probably missed this but do we actually know what he did to deserve his exclusion?

The texting between himself and the South African team whilst in the middle of a test series slagging Strause of won't have helped!

Also he took a swipe at team mates and coaches in his book.

Edited by GAV

The texting between himself and the South African team whilst in the middle of a test series slagging Strause of won't have helped!

All of which affects his ability to play cricket how? He was asked to curtail a very lucrative contract with the IPL and to join an English county to prove he could still bat, all of which he has done and now the snobs at Lords have reneged. There will be repercussions when England get stuffed by Australia and struggle against New Zealand. Serves the idiots right.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

The ECB only ever want steady Eddies as a captain, nobody that will potentially rock the boat. Hence why strong characters that are potentially more volatile are weeded out.

This mindset needs to change.

Exactly Gav.

All this has to been taken into account when selecting a player.

Are you going to trust KP if you are a team mate of his after all the things he has done. IMO very unlikely

And my opinion too but that didn't stop you for campaigning to undermine him. Now it's KP's turn.

Repeating what, has been, Strauss says doesn't prove anything nor does repeating "in my opinion" The fact remains he is by a long, long way the best batsman we have, far better than, failed captain, Cook. If your star player has an issue with an inferior player you drop that player not your best one. The stuffed shirts of the ECB choose to back the failed captain though and of course being the establishment so does Chaddy.

Campaign about Robbo? No it wasn't. It was my opinion about the keeper situation and nothing else.

Who says it is just one player that has had problems or arguments with KP? What happens if it is 4 or 5 players?

I don't see KP playing for England. I would rather give chances to players like Hales, Lyth, James Taylor.

Also pleased that Joe Root will be vice captain of the England test side

Edited by chaddyrovers

All of which affects his ability to play cricket how? He was asked to curtail a very lucrative contract with the IPL and to join an English county to prove he could still bat, all of which he has done and now the snobs at Lords have reneged. There will be repercussions when England get stuffed by Australia and struggle against New Zealand. Serves the idiots right.

Don't shoot the messenger Al!

I have no sympathy regarding his IPL contract, he's put money over cricket for most of his career but he should be picked on merit.