BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I think Gillespie will get that like the Daily Mail is saying.

Plus Gillespie is happy to work with Farbrace as his number 2.

Gillespie(or Head Coach) should pick the squad with scouts/co selectors helping him. I think its the best way. plus he knows the County game and players from it. so that's it massive plus for me.

my first choice would Gary Kirsten but he not interested in the job. did a great job as head coach of India and South Africa.

so I will trust Strauss and Harrison to pick the right coach. if that's Gillespie then I will back him.

Gillespie(or Head Coach) should pick the squad with scouts/co selectors helping him. I think its the best way. plus he knows the County game and players from it. so that's it massive plus for me.

But if he picks Pietersen in the squad Chaddy, you'll be annoyed won't you?

Edit

Can't believe we posted that at the same time Abbey!

Edited by den
  • Like 1

Can see it now . Gillespie wants KP back and chaddy says it's the right decision

hasn't Strauss said that KP wont be selected for England this summer? also isn't KP injured?

plus who says that Gillespie wants KP in the side?

here a quote from the Daily Mail article

"And while Gillespie has taken a relaxed approach to the issues of Kevin Pietersen’s continued non-selection"

Abbey and Den, my stance on KP is still the same. I would stick with the top 5 all summer. if Lyth or Cook got injury then I would select Alex Hales and if Ballance, Bell or Root got injury then I would James Taylor.

Good to see Cook finally justifying his place in the side, keep it up, good time to get in the runs with the Aussies on the horizon. Same goes for Stokes, good time to hit form, keep it up.

very hypothetical question.

I think we will match the Aussies tbh. expect a very tight series.

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion chaddy? Absolutely nothing in our recent form to suggest we'll get anywhere near the Aussies, but I hope you're right.

It's now widely reported that Trevor Bayliss is about to be appointed as England's new coach.

Yeah Ive read the Daily Telegraph report this morning plus BBC Radio 4 LW test cricket are reporting it aswell

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/11628091/England-poised-to-appoint-Trevor-Bayliss-as-new-coach.html

Here the Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-3096228/Trevor-Bayliss-international-Test-short-form-credentials-s-just-guy-Australia-wouldn-t-wanted-face-summer.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Edited by chaddyrovers

Excellent, memorable test match. At various points we looked nailed on for a loss, defeat and draw. Even Cook's captaincy shows some promise wonders will never cease. Interesting stat most runs (1610) in a test match that 40 wickets have fallen since 1925.

Is that the faintest bit of light we can see? I really hope so. Some excellent performances there, especially from the middle order. I still have big doubts about Cooks captaincy. He's not forceful or positive enough. He doesn't seem demanding of his side. Now add Peitersen to that middle order and we could really scare a few teams. :)

• Moderation Lead

Cook seemed fine as a batsman before becoming Captain, but then he doesn't seem a strong enough character for the role.

Not enough natural leaders these days! :rover:

Is that the faintest bit of light we can see? I really hope so. Some excellent performances there, especially from the middle order. I still have big doubts about Cooks captaincy. He's not forceful or positive enough. He doesn't seem demanding of his side. Now add Peitersen to that middle order and we could really scare a few teams. :)

Rather unfair to the guys in that middle order isn't it? Especially when you are considering dropping in a rotten apple. No 'i' in team rem den.

Trevor Bayliss has been named as the England new head coach..

Seems a great choice. Experience in International cricket aswell. Plus the Aussies aren't happy about his appointment. Plus Steve Waugh and Shane Warne are big fans of Bayliss aswell

Shane Warne's tweet yesterday

If Trevor Bayliss is the new coach of England, then England are very lucky, as he is a ripper & even better, he's pure old school too...