BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

Hey, a queue is a queue, and this is my spot. If I let you in, the line is only going to get bigger.

Therefore, I will shuffle my car forward very slowly, leaving no space for queue-jumpers to hop in, and you can do one. Should have got here earlier.

I you're sat in a side road and I'm queuing, I'll let you into a gap.

If you pull out and block the oncoming carriageway you have no chance.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following road users who shouldn't use the roads!!! Cyclists, horse riders and even runners (joggers) , long queues of road tax paying vehicles behind non road tax paying individuals. Get off the road!!!! particularly at rush hour!!!

I feel better now

Perfect. Especially those cretins in small cars thinking they can sneak into the queue. Not when I'm on the road!

Lovely. Do you get driving lessons from thenodrog?

Here's another pet hate: people who brag about how many accountants and bathrooms they have.

In queues going towards brownhill, those idiots who stop when the traffic is actually flowing to let people out of the side road where the hatching is. You have to keep that area clear when the traffic stops but you do not have to almost cause an accident by stopping there when the traffic's moving.

Oh and parents of pleckgate school pupils who appear to think that the rules of the road and common sense don't apply when you're dropping your kids off. How passing cars on pleckgate road avoid hitting said kids as they leap forth into traffic whilst parents do illegal and seemingly impossible u turns, I'll never know

Roundabouts

People who don't understand how roundabouts work. Especially mini-roundabouts.

You give way to vehicles from the right. You do not stop on the main carriageway (with no queue) to let people enter from the left. Worse still, you do not stop and wait when you have right of way, it creates a three-way stalemate.

Here's another pet hate: people who brag about how many accountants and bathrooms they have.

Stop it James. This thread is supposed to be about things in everyday life that get on our nerves, not an excuse to wind up another poster. Same goes for you Ginger Ninja - the pair of you will knacker it !

Now then, religious fanatics (of any religion). You don't need some daft book to be nice to people, you're falling to your knees and chanting nonsense to fresh air. Comitting acts in the name of religion, you idiots are even worse. This rubbish was written in the stone age when we didn't know any better, just stop it.

What's going on with young girl's eyebrows at the moment?

Drivers sat in the right hand lane at traffic lights who indicate to turn right when the lights change.

Trolls, some on here making the forum almost unreadable.

Drivers sat in the right hand lane at traffic lights who indicate to turn right when the lights change.

Aaargh. Hate this one. Yesterday I was behind someone who did this and couldn't even be arsed bloody indicating! :angry:

Perfect. Especially those cretins in small cars thinking they can sneak into the queue. Not when I'm on the road!

Trying not to puke with irritation after reading your posts from the last few pages of this thread, congrats! you've just overtaken Theno as the poster Id least likely to be stuck in a lift with (that's my little "RANT")

Stop it James. This thread is supposed to be about things in everyday life that get on our nerves, not an excuse to wind up another poster. Same goes for you Ginger Ninja - the pair of you will knacker it !

Now then, religious fanatics (of any religion). You don't need some daft book to be nice to people, you're falling to your knees and chanting nonsense to fresh air. Comitting acts in the name of religion, you idiots are even worse. This rubbish was written in the stone age when we didn't know any better, just stop it.

now now.

if people wish to follow a religion, they should be free to do so. this isn't communist Russia.

it's those who let their religion interfere with their interactions with others that are out of order.

Let's be fair, you did say religious fanatics. I presume by that you mean those who use religion to justify extreme and intolerant attitudes rather than those whose faith, however misguided you feel it to be, leads them to work at being nicer people and trying to be more caring to others. You see, I have problems with those who lump all those who follow any faith or no faith together. I know some lovely atheists and awful religious people, but I equally know some awful atheists and lovely people of faith. It's a case of treat folks as you find them for me. I personally go to church every week, but I don't look down on those who don't or criticise them for not believing.

i think refigious persuasion should be a matter of personal choice. Let's face it, no good ever came from people having an argument about it. Same as for political discussions. Not only is it an exercise in futility, it's also very tedious. I'm sure Richard D-o-o-rkins is a very clever guy. But he doesn't seem the fella to write a witty best man's speech.

Going back to what this thread is about, having to check in at a hotel and having to answer a thousand and one bloody questions when all you really want to do is go to bed, or at least get into your room. No, I don't want a morning 'paper.

People who throw their cigarette butts on the pavement, or spit chewing gum on the pavement, unbelievably selfish

Guest Norbert

What the hell was wrong with rows and rows of floor to ceiling, solid wooden shelving, filled with musty old books? I used to love going to the library as a kid, trawling through the history section, pulling out old tomes that no one had looked at in years.

To be fair, Derek Shaw is busy being our boardroom.

Guest Norbert

'Wacky' spelling that is wrong. For example, the defunct New Zealand football team the Auckland Kingz. They deserved to go bust.

Trains are absolutely abysmal in this country. Had to get 4 yesterday, 3 were late and one was cancelled. Want to get one tomorrow, waddaya know, 2 replacement bus services and 4 hours to travel about 80 miles.

Diabolical. The government must be having a bloody laugh expecting people to go green when this is what is offered up.

Let's be fair, you did say religious fanatics. I presume by that you mean those who use religion to justify extreme and intolerant attitudes rather than those whose faith, however misguided you feel it to be, leads them to work at being nicer people and trying to be more caring to others. You see, I have problems with those who lump all those who follow any faith or no faith together. I know some lovely atheists and awful religious people, but I equally know some awful atheists and lovely people of faith. It's a case of treat folks as you find them for me. I personally go to church every week, but I don't look down on those who don't or criticise them for not believing.

If you have faith that's your choice entirely, and nobody else's business. My own choice to find the whole concept ludicrous is mine and 'never the twain shall meet' :)

Globally religion causes more problems than it solves, especially in more primitive areas of the world where the ignorant commit crimes because scripture written in the dark ages tells them it's ok.

Do we really need a book and a bloke in a funny hat to tell us to be nice to each other ?

Good question. My mate did just that a couple of years ago and his co director too. They were office based mind. Truth is I've looked at it recently and it really is marginal. If I did less miles then its a certainty that I'd run my own car and charge the company mileage.

You really should speak to an accountant to save you keep making yourself look stupid...... would you like to borrow one of mine?

It can be a marginal choice but anyone travelling regularly for business is usually better off with a company car. I looked at mine recently as I'm changing cars in two weeks.

What Jim doesn't appreciate is the reverse argument. My mileage is such I could claim at least £7000 pa (that's tax free on top of my salary) from the company. On the face of it sufficient to make buying and claiming mileage a good possibility. It all falls down when one looks at the car's value after three years. A three year old car with 90,000 - 100,000 miles on the clock is worth peanuts plus it's reached the point when maintenance starts to become very expensive.

Points for Jim:

Why should I provide my employer with the tools I need to travel to their customers?

Would you be prepared to spend £22000 or more every three years to fund your employment?

When my epilepsy meant I couldn't drive for 12 months I could only visit one customer a day using public transport. By car it's 3-5 per day. How would you resolve this?

During that period my reclaimed expenses more than doubled and because there was no taxable benefit my income tax reduced. My driving a car earns revenue for HMRC, not driving costs tax as it's all reclaimed by the employer!

If I claimed mileage it would cost the company more, net, than providing a car thus increasing costs and reducing efficiency and profitability.

Years ago a company car was a really good perk, today the value is added to your income and taxed as such. What's the problem?

Archived