BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lately I've started listening to radio Lancashire in the mornings, they don't play much music(and the tunes they do play are usually poor) but I find it easy on the ears and a gentle way to start the day.

Have you recently turned 50? That's their target audience. And hence why I wouldn't listen to it if you paid me. You see, I fit the profile but hate it when people try to pigeonhole you just because you're a certain age, gender etc. I wouldn't go on a saga holiday- who wants to go on holiday with a load of old people. I do my best to immediately recycle all brochures aimed at people my age, like river cruises, old fashioned clothes catalogues etc I know I sometimes act in a stereotypical way, but without being ridiculous, I try not to think about age as defining who I am

Have you recently turned 50? That's their target audience. And hence why I wouldn't listen to it if you paid me. You see, I fit the profile but hate it when people try to pigeonhole you just because you're a certain age, gender etc. I wouldn't go on a saga holiday- who wants to go on holiday with a load of old people. I do my best to immediately recycle all brochures aimed at people my age, like river cruises, old fashioned clothes catalogues etc I know I sometimes act in a stereotypical way, but without being ridiculous, I try not to think about age as defining who I am

Too polite gumboots. imo Radio Lancs caters for silvertops who smell of urine..... Unfortunately the clocks ticking before I'll be obliged to tune in.

Chris Evans

Ken Bruce

Jeremy Vine

Steve Wright

Each in their own special way the most irritating and facile presenters on BBC radio only surpassed by Nicky Campbell who must be the single most irritating person employed by the Beeb

Radio 4 every time.

Kate and Gerry McCann - Neglected their kids on holiday and they get sympathy? If there wouldn't be such an outcry (though god knows why) these idiots should have been prosecuted for abandonment years ago! Going to see the pope on the week their daughter was snatched? Wtf was that about? Lock 'em up for me. :angry2:

Yup, instead of being charged for neglecting their kids (at best), they received millions in handouts and paid off their mortgage. And when their charity fund ran out, they started suing anyone who suggested Maddie might be dead. Everytime I hear their names, I feel sick to my stomach that they got away with child neglect, and in my opinion, something darker. I only hope that somehow the truth will out and Maddie will find justice.

For Radio you need Radio 4 if I only have analogue (Except for The Archers and GQT) and digital must be 6 Music. 6 Music daytime is presented by Northerners, Shaun Keaveney (Leigh) does 7 till 10am, Lauren Laverne (Sunderland) 10am to 1pm then it`s Mark Radcliffe (Bolton) and Stuart Maconie (Wigan) . No adverts great music.

Given that you're a big climate change proponent, surely you'd be against cheques, paper bank statements, and so on. If enjoying your newspapers, cheques and the like are at the expense of damaging the environment then you have no leg to stand on calling people for having 4x4s.

Seeing as its been mentioned, I get irritated by people who drive 4x4s. Although its a bit like having a go at parents or teachers, there's so many people it applies to that its never gonna go down well.

Its not a climate thing for me, its a beef with the mentality behind someone buying one. Which seems to me to boil down to: if I've got a massive 4x4 and I'm involved in a crash, then rather than us both being hurt, I'll be fine (and he might end up dead, but who cares about that). That might be a bit harsh and sure it doesn't apply to everyone who drives one but can't help thinking it encourages that sort of selfish, get out of my way or else, attitude on the roads. Manys a time I've been on the recieving end of some aggressive, at times moronic, driving from a 4x4 driver, ironically usually with a fairly petit woman behind the wheel who I suspect is on some kind of idiotic power trip.

• Backroom

People who brake before changing lanes.

Grey cars (mild one, I admit). Battleships are painted grey as it is a neutral colour to the eye and is tricky to spot. On the grey roads of this country cars need to be as visible as possible, which is why I rather like the move to more extravagantly bright colours (expect that horrid neon pink).

Also that bburn driving instructor who has 'eyelashes' on her headlights.

Guest Norbert

Eyelashes on cars! Yes they are indeed stupid.

People who call boats, cars, countries etc. 'she' and refer to 'her' properties. They are abstract concepts or inanimate objects, not women with tits and all the rest.

All those Americans who complain and don't bother to understand the many British accents. Someone like Lee Mack would get loads of nasal shouts of 'speak Ehhhnglish' if he did a gig in America. They're speaking a version of our language after all.

Guest Norbert

In relation to Donnermeat's post, all those narcissistic photos of people doing things like 'planking' or pouring milk on yourself. F_ck off you self indulgent, self absorbed, talentless, brainless morons. I can't stand that pointless 'look me at me' culture that these parts of the internet spew out.

I agree about Stan Collymore, although I must confess to listening to Talksport a little from time to time. Stan, your accent is ridiculous, and it's laughable that you have a job in mainstream media when you perv on people pumping each other in car parks at night, and all bets are off when you beat women.

Of Talksport presenters, is there anyone more irritating than Colin Murray ?

In addition:

Rap (has a silent C) Suppose it's my age but it sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

African Americans ?? You are American, full stop. You are no more African than I am Irish, (My Grandad was Irish, I was born in Blackburn, all be it to Irish nuns)

In your face Gays. I have lots of gay mates, they go about their daily lives, no fuss, good luck to them. it's the 'I'm Gay and there's nothing you can do about it' types - eh ? Nobody cares mate.

People who laugh at the boss's jokes even when they are as funny as a burning orphanage, ditto people who laugh at the sweatfest that is Lee Evans.

Given a free rein with a topic like this, people choosing to talk mostly about cars and driving ... zzzzzzzzzzz

(sorry, but I've had some excrutiatingly boring conversations with people about cars)

Car talk. I hate car talk.

Watching Top Gear is like A Clockwork Orange eye-ball torture to me.

All those Americans who complain and don't bother to understand the many British accents. Someone like Lee Mack would get loads of nasal shouts of 'speak Ehhhnglish' if he did a gig in America. They're speaking a version of our language after all.

Actually, at this point there are more of us than there are of you. You are speaking a version of OUR language, not vice-versa. Not anymore.

African Americans ?? You are American, full stop. You are no more African than I am Irish, (My Grandad was Irish, I was born in Blackburn, all be it to Irish nuns)

This I agree with. As a mutt with ancestors from a dozen northern European countries, I'm first and foremost an American. The rest, including my almost 400 year patrilineal Lancashire descent, is nostalgia.

Archived