BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I have got my facts straight with a friend (a miscarriage is not what I thought it meant, which was a stillbirth).

As such I retract the comments I made earlier although they'll remain viewable in the quotes of other posts. I apologise to members who have read what was a misjudged, ill-informed and really rather nasty comment.

Motorists who object to paying taxes for the pollution and environmental damage they cause.

Motorists who object to paying takes despite the fact motoring costs have not risen taking account for inflation for 30 years.

Motorists who think the country should be plastered with new motorways.

Company car drivers - have I mentioned them before ?

Bleeding private rail companies who are making extortionate profits from passengers.

John Major for privatising the rail network and Tony Blair for failing to renationalise it.

Barsteward Beeching and his crook sidekick Ernest Marples.

More later.

That doesn't make it any better, Mike. If anything it makes it worse.

I'm not easily offended but I don't even want to imagine the horror of a stillbirth.

I'd leave it at that Stuart. A misunderstanding not reason for a lynch mob. . Mike has retracted so you might like to edit your quote out too.

• Backroom

Drivers who get up your arse just because you aren't doing 50 in a 30. Usually those 'low-riders' with all manner of bodykit, go-faster stripes, and music so loud on their radios you just get that dull thud that sounds like a cat being sick.

People who complain about cyclists not paying tax and insurance. I pay enough of both on my A5 3.0 TdI quattro sport and shouldn't need to pay for tax on my bicycle although I understand a lot of cyclists pay insurance because there are some real arseholes on the road. Anyway bicycles have been here longer than cars as have horse riders and they don't pay any tax either. What's next, a compulsory requirement for joggers to require personal insurance when running on pavements in case they knock someone over by accident? What about someone walking too quickly through a crowded shopping centre? What about hikers who may require the assistance of mountain rescue? Rant over.

Joggers who run on pavements who don't have insurance for when they bump into somebody and knock them over.

People who walk too quickly in crowded shopping centres and barge past people

Hikers , full stop!

People who call for the destruction of Sharks just because some idiots want to paddle in that bit of the sea

Joggers who run on pavements

Joggers who run on the left side of the road and pay no heed to approaching cars behind them. Rain a greasy windscreen and a car coming the other way with headlights on renders them either lucky, invisible or dead. How can people have such little regard for their own life?

Must admit, during my usual route, there's one road I run down the side of. Simply because the pavement on the other side is too narrow, and having to bob and weave around people when you're trying to build momentum is a pain in the jacksy.

Must admit, during my usual route, there's one road I run down the side of. Simply because the pavement on the other side is too narrow, and having to bob and weave around people when you're trying to build momentum is a pain in the jacksy.

Down the left? if so I can only assume that you don't drive.

Archived