BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

If company cars are that bad a deal are you going to hand yours back and join the real world by running your own ? Nah, didn't think so.

Talking tax avoiders why when the country is in fiscal difficulties are they so many ways of avoiding (legally) paying tax ?

And why when the world economy is struggling and corporate greed rife are the multinationals allowed to evade tax by shifting their assets around tax havens ?

Simple answer to that would be, because the rules allow you to. I have a company car and get various benefits. One of the biggest benefits I have is I get paid through dividends of the company as opposed to a salary. A very easy way to avoid tax and if you're better off, why not exploit it?

The government should be sealing these loopholes but aren't.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who have illegally spaced number plates just because it looks a tiny bit more like a name. Get a life, losers. You just look like tossers.

Is it because you can't get your name on a number plate.

Just paid a couple of thousand for my initials and 1 number to put on my car. Great investment too. They can only appreciate in value.

D.J.s at weddings that insist on playing kean music at ear splitting levels. They think people are there because of them and not the bride and groom. You can talk to the person immediately on your right and left, after that it's lip reading.

Shouldn't the bride and groom tell the DJ to turn it down a little then. I guess they're equally as annoying.

Best one I've ever seen was giving a lecture on football (real football) training and how to make it representative of what they do on the pitch. Some cocky american student obviously thought he could make a fool of me and started wittering on about how what I had put up wasn't what they did on the pitch. Turns out he thought the lecture was about their version, despite the flyers etc having a pic of a soccer players and a soccer ball. I almost keaned myself when I realised he'd gotten the sport wrong. Didn't see him next week funnily enough.

seriously live octopus???

I take it you're pulling my tentacle Gumboots?

Not at all Maj. Somewhere on Facebook there is a video of my 2 sons eating live octopus. the tentacles are still squirming and you have to get them down quickly or they stick to your throat. Will admit that when I went to Korea I wasn't offered it but you can definitely eat it. Try this link to see what it's like www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq-ELRAgxXA

As for what winds me up: Tattoos. Can't stand them

People who drive just annoyingly below the speed limit when you can't get past them.

People who write should of instead of should have.

Girls who wear bright orange foundation and layer it on with a trowel.

Bad manners generally.

Gratuitous bad language as in every other word so that it becomes meaningless.

People who judge people by their religion or lack of it, colour of skin or anything else they can't help - there are good and bad in every group of people but you often only see the good if you're prepared to look for it.

People driving small cars i.e. VW Polo's or Vauxhall Corsa's - Find it annoying when I'm behind them in my Range Rover that they put hazard lights on because my headlights are "too bright". Bloody use your anti-glare mirror you morons!

You really are a charmer aren't you. :rolleyes:

TomboTheGreat and Blue N White Rover.

Although I do enjoy The Ashes thread, where Blue N White Rover continuously says anything he can to wind people up. And they bite, over and over again...

It wasn't a complement.

Oh well.

TomboTheGreat and Blue N White Rover.

Although I do enjoy The Ashes thread, where Blue N White Rover continuously says anything he can to wind people up. And they bite, over and over again...

Never on a wind up. Don't think they have the cricketing knowledge to hold a constructive debate, hence the insults aimed at me. I got called a racist today for suggesting if Finn, Tremlett or Rankin would be in the team for the first test. Crazy.

people in cars who refuse to let you in the traffic even though there is a massive queue and they aren't getting anywhere .

Hey, a queue is a queue, and this is my spot. If I let you in, the line is only going to get bigger.

Therefore, I will shuffle my car forward very slowly, leaving no space for queue-jumpers to hop in, and you can do one. Should have got here earlier.

Hey, a queue is a queue, and this is my spot. If I let you in, the line is only going to get bigger.

Therefore, I will shuffle my car forward very slowly, leaving no space for queue-jumpers to hop in, and you can do one. Should have got here earlier.

Perfect. Especially those cretins in small cars thinking they can sneak into the queue. Not when I'm on the road!

Just shift the car forward a bit as if you're going to pull out and watch the space open. Obviously don't just pull out, go then stop, someone will stop.

Rudeness! I wouldn't tolerate that. Another thing that winds me up on the road is the "drivers' wave" - that feeble little flap of the hand off the steering wheel.

I say keep both hands on the wheel when you're turning it, you muppet, and look where you're going, not at me. I couldn't care less if you're trying to thank me. I didn't let you out on purpose, you just caught me off guard.

I use a one-fingered variation for those people.

Rudeness! I wouldn't tolerate that. Another thing that winds me up on the road is the "drivers' wave" - that feeble little flap of the hand off the steering wheel.

I say keep both hands on the wheel when you're turning it, you muppet, and look where you're going, not at me. I couldn't care less if you're trying to thank me. I didn't let you out on purpose, you just caught me off guard.

I use a one-fingered variation for those people.

You don't like rude drivers but you are rude to people who thank you?? :wacko:

Or are you just talking about the fake wave when they've just pushed in?

If company cars are that bad a deal are you going to hand yours back and join the real world by running your own ? Nah, didn't think so.

Good question. My mate did just that a couple of years ago and his co director too. They were office based mind. Truth is I've looked at it recently and it really is marginal. If I did less miles then its a certainty that I'd run my own car and charge the company mileage.

You really should speak to an accountant to save you keep making yourself look stupid...... would you like to borrow one of mine?

D.J.s at weddings that insist on playing kean music at ear splitting levels. They think people are there because of them and not the bride and groom. You can talk to the person immediately on your right and left, after that it's lip reading.

Exactly and not just weddings. I cant bloody stand them. One goes to a function to see friends and relatives that you haven't seen for ages and then you end up shouting at them. Three way conversations are impossible. Live music should have neither a speaker nor an electric plug.

+1 on tatoos.

and another +1. Tatoos suggest low life to me and I'm rarely wrong.

The number of people who, when interviewed, use the word 'basically'

It's a none word, take it out of the text and the message is exactly the same.

I have no problem with self service tills, use them in Asda all the time, but for baskets only. When untermensch take a whole trolley through there I'm searching for something sharp, and the staff do nothing.

Are you female? I find a large percentage are women who steadfastly refuse to let you in when you are coming from a side road.

You don't like rude drivers but you are rude to people who thank you?? :wacko:

M-K's obviously suffering from that road rage syndrome.

Archived