SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers away day on the South coast - Brighton, Sat 9th November

Kean

Henley Dann Hanley Spurr

Lowe Williamson

Cairney Dunn King

Rhodes

Subs: Eastwood, Kilgallon, Kane, Etuhu, Taylor, Judge, Best.

Would probably go with that, with maybe Kane ahead of Henley. Wouldn't ideally have Cairney out wide but I think Williamson and Lowe were our best players v Middlesbrough and will help us pack the midfield.

I wouldn't risk Henley at all. let him have another reserve game and build his fitness up, no need to rush him back when we got Kane who is good enough.

other than that pretty much agree with the starting 11 you have picked.

but my bench would be:- Eastwood, Kilgallon, Marshall, Taylor, Judge, Best, Morris

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be surprised if morris, taylor and killgalon start. Bowyer noted how well morris and taylor did when they came on, and killgalon looked to be sharpening up in the boro game. Bowyer seems big on motivation and morale so it might not be the best 11 on paper starting.

I hope king starts centrally up front - his pace will create opportunities for rhodes and stretch brighton.

Looking forward to this one and another ground to tick off.

Playing it safe and going for 1-1 Rhodes pen

As for the train disruptions the train splits at Haywards Heath, one way to Brighton (rail replacement on Saturday) and the other to Lewes (rail replacement on Sunday), change at Lewes for Falmer.

I will be heading to Lewes and stopping there for a couple of pints before heading to Falmer.

COYB

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/maps/HaywardsHeath_Brighton_Lewes.pdf

The young Spanish goalkeeper who has impressed at junior level has travelled with the first team according to Hugo Fernandez. Interesting to see if he gets a game after Kean's recent run of form?

Does anyone know much about him/seen him play?

Looking forward to this one and another ground to tick off.

Playing it safe and going for 1-1 Rhodes pen

As for the train disruptions the train splits at Haywards Heath, one way to Brighton (rail replacement on Saturday) and the other to Lewes (rail replacement on Sunday), change at Lewes for Falmer.

I will be heading to Lewes and stopping there for a couple of pints before heading to Falmer.

COYB

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/maps/HaywardsHeath_Brighton_Lewes.pdf

A nightmare getting back on the train at Lewes. The train always splits at Haywards heath. Instead of lewes consider Eastbourne. Pub across the road from the station is a witherspoons (London & County) not a bad one to be fair to them. Then get on direct train from eastbourne to Falmer. Falmer station is right outside the ground.

Decent facility is the Amex, they do awesome pies (well they did last year).

1-1 for me this one...

Still do. Baked at the ground. If it is on, try the chilli one. Tomorrow they are doing sausage and mash pies. For ale drinkers they are putting on Wainwrights from Thwaites (it is on their website). They normally search out the pies / beers from the visiting teams area. They do this for each visiting team.

Still do. Baked at the ground. If it is on, try the chilli one. Tomorrow they are doing sausage and mash pies. For ale drinkers they are putting on Wainwrights from Thwaites (it is on their website). They normally search out the pies / beers from the visiting teams area. They do this for each visiting team.

What a cool touch, never seen that before. +1 for Brighton

Excellent opportunity to beat Brighton tomorrow. Their injury list is horrendous and have key players Buckley, Ulloa and Bridcutt out.

If we fail to get a result then it's a big opportunity missed.

Agreed. Only have Barnes as a forward. For a horrendous injury list, they have done pretty well so far. Hardly been in the transfer market in the summer or loaned players either. I think once they get their payers back, may sneak into the play offs.

I reckon attendance will be about 30,000 tomorrow. Not bad for championship imo.

What a cool touch, never seen that before. +1 for Brighton

When they built the ground, Tony Bloom the man who has backed them with dosh, said he wanted the Amex to be a place where ALL football supporters were made to feel welcome. Leather seats for example.

If anybody needs advice with regards to getting to the Amex, pubs, Brghton etc. happy to help if I can.

When they built the ground, Tony Bloom the man who has backed them with dosh, said he wanted the Amex to be a place where ALL football supporters were made to feel welcome. Leather seats for example.

Quite a refreshing attitude in todays day and age.

When they built the ground, Tony Bloom the man who has backed them with dosh, said he wanted the Amex to be a place where ALL football supporters were made to feel welcome. Leather seats for example.If anybody needs advice with regards to getting to the Amex, pubs, Brghton etc. happy to help if I can.

Pafell,

Going to game but we are coming in from London by train. In the light of rail disruption, what do you recommend is best way to Amex? Ticket says free travel, what does this provide??? Cherri's for any advice.

The Amex really is a nice stadium. Went there this summer for Villarreal's friendly.

Was tempted to go at the weekend but after hearing about the type of fan these away-days are attracting, I decided against it.

Google the terms Morecambe pies harrods.

Clayton Park, as eaten by the Dunster, we're not far behind....Morecambe are small enough to be bespoke, but good on Brighton for the beer & pie idea.....eternal shame on our club for leaving Thwaites behind. The occasional real ale push would be good for both club and brewery, but another one to add to the list of mistakes in the Loontune's tenure!

The young Spanish goalkeeper who has impressed at junior level has travelled with the first team according to Hugo Fernandez. Interesting to see if he gets a game after Kean's recent run of form?

Does anyone know much about him/seen him play?

he is going has 3rd choice keeper just in case either Kean or Eastwood get injured before the game.

Kean will start for sure IMO.

The Spanish keeper is David Raya Martin. from Barcelona.

he has just replied to Ian Vicars on twitter that he doesn't know if he is on the bench yet.

Clayton Park, as eaten by the Dunster, we're not far behind....Morecambe are small enough to be bespoke, but good on Brighton for the beer & pie idea.....eternal shame on our club for leaving Thwaites behind. The occasional real ale push would be good for both club and brewery, but another one to add to the list of mistakes in the Loontune's tenure!

And when did you sample good real ale at Ewood under Walker Trust and John Williams?

But I do agree with you that Rovers should sell Thwaites.

And when did you sample good real ale at Ewood under Walker Trust and John Williams?

But I do agree with you that Rovers should sell Thwaites.

Didn't they once have Wainright in the concourse for a game, or am I imagining that, smooth is rank, but there is an opening to be inventive....something our club has no chance of being under the present regime. Still should support local business, and Wainright is good!

Didn't they once have Wainright in the concourse for a game, or am I imagining that, smooth is rank, but there is an opening to be inventive....something our club has no chance of being under the present regime. Still should support local business, and Wainright is good!

They used to have a wainwrights stand at the back of the riverside concourse. Me and my brother used to partake in a few before the game. Don't tend to get to the game until 10 mins before kick off now so not sure if its still there.

They used to have a wainwrights stand at the back of the riverside concourse. Me and my brother used to partake in a few before the game. Don't tend to get to the game until 10 mins before kick off now so not sure if its still there.

I sit in the Riverside and, to be honest, don't often have a beer but on the occasions that I did there was always only a choice between smooth and lager.

To be fair, hand pump cask ale would be too much trouble for a 3 hour max event.

Regarding the team for tomorrow, I think it would be very harsh on any player to be dropped in favour of one returning from injury or suspension.

Kilgallon deserves to remain at CB if Spurr is fit and Hanley will have to wait his turn on the bench.

Lowe and Williamson are a must as is Cairney. So who supports Rhodes? I would say King. Which leaves left side available for Judge or Taylor. My preference would be Taylor. So there; I've dropped Judge for Taylor.

Kane is my only worry at RB because he cannot defend. However, I think it is too early to replace him with Henley.

I think GB will pick the same team as last week.

My bench would be:- Eastwood, Dunn, Hanley, Judge, Best, Henley, Marshall

I sit in the Riverside and, to be honest, don't often have a beer but on the occasions that I did there was always only a choice between smooth and lager.

To be fair, hand pump cask ale would be too much trouble for a 3 hour max event.

Not so, PAFELL will let us know, but you can set your barrels up, need to rest for 2/3 days, then serve, it's more a logistics thing - estimating how much you will sell, because any left over goes to waste

Archived