BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers away day on the South coast - Brighton, Sat 9th November

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

The Amex really is a nice stadium. Went there this summer for Villarreal's friendly.

Was tempted to go at the weekend but after hearing about the type of fan these away-days are attracting, I decided against it.

It's only ever a minority at best tbf.

Pafell,

Going to game but we are coming in from London by train. In the light of rail disruption, what do you recommend is best way to Amex? Ticket says free travel, what does this provide??? Cherri's for any advice.

Train to Haywood heath.they are doing a bus from there to Brighton. From there train to the Amex (Falmer station).

Free travel - basically the trip from Brighton to Falmer is part of your match day ticket. I travel from the Hasting direction. I only have to get a ticket to Lewes, as the rest of the journey is part of the match day ticket. Bus station at Brighton is outside the train station. The Amex is right outside Falmer station.

The Amex really is a nice stadium. Went there this summer for Villarreal's friendly.

Was tempted to go at the weekend but after hearing about the type of fan these away-days are attracting, I decided against it.

if I had known earlier I could have got you in the east stand upper (home fans) for free. I get two complimentary season tickets a year from my boss and from members of the club I work for. I often take my boss / best mates son. Poor kid was involved in a serious accident and illness which put him into a coma for ages. When he came around first thing he said was "what times kick off". He isn't going tomorrow due to being ill again. I am now taking somebody else.

There is bound to be match tickets available.

Not so, PAFELL will let us know, but you can set your barrels up, need to rest for 2/3 days, then serve, it's more a logistics thing - estimating how much you will sell, because any left over goes to waste

Correct. Though not always two or three days. Depending on time of day we receive the delivery (mine is normally 9.30AM) So I can tap it the following morning and put it on in the evening.

I sit in the Riverside and, to be honest, don't often have a beer but on the occasions that I did there was always only a choice between smooth and lager.

To be fair, hand pump cask ale would be too much trouble for a 3 hour max event.

Not correct. Beer just needs time to settle. Lost count of how many 3 day events i have done. To me it is worth the effort, its how I make my money. I have done day events (birthdays / bbq etc. just left instructions no to touch what I have set up.

Never really rated thwaites to be honest, we had whistbreds in Blackburn which to be fair sold atleast 1000x more ale with owning becks, Stella and Budweiser. But if you want a small local brewery to supply Blackburn 3bees is a lot better ale.

Never really rated thwaites to be honest, we had whistbreds in Blackburn which to be fair sold atleast 1000x more ale with owning becks, Stella and Budweiser. But if you want a small local brewery to supply Blackburn 3bees is a lot better ale.

Crazy talk

Agreed.

Anyway, back on topic. I think on paper Rovers have a better team than Brighton. But I must admit considering the injury list Brighton have got, they have done pretty well this season. Close game today, hard to predict.

3bees is ok but it tends to all taste the same after a while in my opinion, credit to them though.

I agree Gav

Been in loads of times but can never remember which one I liked (they do too many samey beer) so I generally opt for the Mild as it's a fine pint. 3b's need to create their own Wainwright (thwaites) or Flat Cap (bank top) a great session beer you can rely on.

Bank Top in Bolton brewery make far far better beers than 3b's but it's just a shame the flat cap Brewery tap pub isn't as a big as the Black Bull.

Not sure how this one will go, their home form has been iffy (2wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats).. however the two teams they have beaten are both our closest rivals, they are the only team to of beaten Burnley this season (good on em) and Bolton their other scalp.. reckon it will be a draw myself 1-1 with Rhodes and Keith Andrews scoring.

• Backroom

Looks like an unchanged team for us

Kean

Kane Dann Killgallon Spurr

Cairney Williamson Lowe King

Judge

Rhodes

Glad Hanley hasn't got his spot back automatically personally

Dunn and Etuhu on bench

Looks like an unchanged team for us

Kean

Kane Dann Killgallon Spurr

Cairney Williamson Lowe King

Judge

Rhodes

Glad Hanley hasn't got his spot back automatically personally

Dunn and Etuhu on bench

Fair play to Bowyer - a good message to the players that there are no favourites - if you are playing well you stand a chance of keeping your place in the team

Archived