BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's not just Christmas, it's a big December

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Stuart, you none believer - to paraphrase the words of the late great Sir Eric of Morecambe - I predicted all the right points, not necessarily in the right order!

I bow down to you! Even now Eric&Ern were funnier than many 'comedians' on circuit now.

On the LET report comments for todays game, a Bunlay fan left an unintelligent christmas poem/song and someone fella responded with this... found it pretty funny.

It's Christmas time
There's no need to be afraid
It's Christmas time
We let in light and we banish shade
But in this town of Blackburn
We can spread a smile of joy
Put your arms around the world at Christmas time

But say a prayer
Pray for the other ones
At Christmas time
It's hard but when you're having fun
There's a town out there called Burnley
And it's a world of dread and fear
They haven't even won a derby
In a whole 35 years

The six fingered bunch who live there
All wear claret and blue
But tonight thanks god it's them instead of you

And it won't be fun in Burn-l-ey this Christmas time
The greatest gift they'll get this year is fags
They'll be smashing up their town
fighting over a pound
Do they know they've got a league two ground

Here's to them
Giro-cheques for everyone
Here's to them
The inter-breeding scum

Do they know they got a league two ground

Feed the Dingles
Let the now it's Christmas time

Feed the Dingles
Let them know it's Christmas time...

It's a funny league, and nothing will be determined this month, but we have a packed schedule, so,

Ipswich a: 1 pt

QPR a: 0 pts

Millwall h: 3pts

Yeovil a: 3pts?

Sheffield W h: 3pts

Brum h: 3 pts

Am I being too optimistic, 13 out of 18, it's where we need to be!

With 2 home wins Ptbbaw, your 13 points target will have been spot on and set us up nicely.

Given we've beaten some top teams at Ewood, but then not beaten some poor, out of form teams, you can never tell. We should've got points off Charlton, Huddersfield and possibly off an out of sorts Reading team but we didn't win any of those three. But we do beat at home Watford, Boro with new manager's bounce, and an in form Leeds team. So who knows what to expect?!?!

Away from home our form drastically has to improve if we're to do anything - and we've three very tough away games - Leeds, QPR and Ipswich. Given two of them are our next two games, two losses on the trot could put a lot of pressure on the team and GB. That'd make it only 1 win in 5 and with promotion or bust that could be a killer.

Expect us to get points away at Yeovil who're no great shakes and will need to go for it, and we should really win all of our home games this month. Really, there's no excuses not to, especially being so poor on the road. However we've dropped a number of points against weaker teams at home, so I expect at least 1 slip up.

So prediction: 10 (or possibly 11) points - 2 home wins, an away win to Yeovil and a hard fought point elsewhere. Not sure that'll be enough though.

Think we're on for 11 points. We've made the slip up at home, but got a point from our tough away fixtures (I figured it'd be Ipswich) as well as a much needed win vs. Yeovil. If we beat Brum we'll be where I expected us to be - a strong midtable side.

I thought that December would be a decent barometer as to where we would be by year end - this brings us to Hafl-way through the season, 4 pts from the PO's, but I think more importantly, we missed a golden opportunity to actually be in them.

I thought I was being realistic in my predictions, and up to the final two home games, was on track. I would have taken 4 pts from the two home games, but to take one, particularly in the manner we did, bodes ill going forward.

As the wise sage, Parson, has always stated, mid-table is progress under the Loons. Sadly, they, and they alone, are responsible for where we are. I dread to think what they will do next. Tough game on Wednesday, and I fear another defeat could result in them meddling again......further disaster awaits?

As the wise sage, Parson, has always stated, mid-table is progress under the Loons. Sadly, they, and they alone, are responsible for where we are. I dread to think what they will do next. Tough game on Wednesday, and I fear another defeat could result in them meddling again......further disaster awaits?

If they are stupid enough to keep absorbing our losses and paying FFP fines then I guess they can choose whomever they like as manager.

So its been a interesting 5 week, 8 game period. Picked up points when we thought we wouldnt and perhaps didnt when most thought we would!!

Ended up looking like,

Leeds (H) 3

Ipswich (A) 0

QPR (H) 1

Millwall (H) 3

Yeovil (A) 3

Sh Wed (H) 1

Brum (H) 0

Leeds (A) 3

So a total of 14 points from a possible 24, and we are now 2 points off the Play-offs going into the 2nd half of the season. Gutting to see those point dopped at home to Wednesday and B'ham, winning just one of those 2 would have us in the playoffs now!

So its been a interesting 5 week, 8 game period. Picked up points when we thought we wouldnt and perhaps didnt when most thought we would!!

Ended up looking like,

Leeds (H) 3

Ipswich (A) 0

QPR (H) 1

Millwall (H) 3

Yeovil (A) 3

Sh Wed (H) 1

Brum (H) 0

Leeds (A) 3

So a total of 14 points from a possible 24, and we are now 2 points off the Play-offs going into the 2nd half of the season. Gutting to see those point dopped at home to Wednesday and B'ham, winning just one of those 2 would have us in the playoffs now!

Top and tailing Decembers results with the Leeds games is interesting, as there would be few I suspect who would have predicted a double over them. Then again, we play Donny next, below us, owe them one, coming off the back of today's result......should win. Anything can happen!

As the topic was december (but lets shoe in two results against leeds to massage the figures ;) 8 points from 18 needs improving if we want to make the play-offs.

january has got off to a good start

The table looks a bit grim looking at 5th. The top 4 are already getting well out of reach of most clubs outside the top 6. It is also looking like there is just 1 play off place left to contest between 7 or 8 teams. Hopefully we can reign in 6th and get close to 5th too just to give us a bit more room for error. Obviously this is based on a gargantuan assumption that Leeds wasn't yet another one off

We're 'only' 6 points behind 5th, it is far too early to say that 5th or even 4th are now out of reach. Everyone drops points in this league and every team down to about 15/16 still has a very realistic chance of making the playoffs if they go on a decent run.

We're in with a chance and the next four matches will be a good litmus test. We really have to beat the sides in the relegation zone and also have two difficult games against playoff contenders. Three wins out of four and we can start to take our chances very seriously.

We're 'only' 6 points behind 5th, it is far too early to say that 5th or even 4th are now out of reach. Everyone drops points in this league and every team down to about 15/16 still has a very realistic chance of making the playoffs if they go on a decent run.

Depends on your opinion. I still don't think we'll go on a run or catch 6th let alone make up 6 to 10 points. Christ, it's taken us half a season to get within 2 points of 6th LOL. Which is the nearest we have been since the Burnley game.

It's been a topsy turvy season and even after predicting a win at Leeds as atypical after two diabolically bad home games I can easily see us making a right pigs ear of the Doncaster game just as much as I can see us winning it.

If the playoffs is to be more real than seeing Bigfoot then in January we need to improve on Decembers poor points tally of 8 out of 18. We need to start averaging 2 points a game asap. So January's MINUMUM points target has to be 10 points. We are already 3 point to the good and ideally we need to remain unbeaten, but we have two very difficult games against teams 'in the mix'

Below is what we need rather than a prediction. Which would get us 11 points out of 15 for the month

Dirty Leeds A - WON....get in!!!!

Doncaster H - W

Forest A - D

Derby H - D

Barnsley A - W

Archived