BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's not just Christmas, it's a big December

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't even begin to attempt to predict our results. The Championship is such an unpredictable league, and as a midtable side you never know which Rovers are going to show up.

4 straight wins for a team that barely scores these days might be on the hopeful side!

It's a funny league, and nothing will be determined this month, but we have a packed schedule, so,

Ipswich a: 1 pt

QPR a: 0 pts

Millwall h: 3pts

Yeovil a: 3pts?

Sheffield W h: 3pts

Brum h: 3 pts

Am I being too optimistic, 13 out of 18, it's where we need to be!

Probably lose at Ipswich

Drop 2 points against B/ham, because we won't win 4 on the trott, and Zigic is a nuisance, especially for Dann.

It's a funny league, and nothing will be determined this month, but we have a packed schedule, so,

Millwall h: 3pts

Yeovil a: 3pts?

Brum h: 3 pts

Am I being too optimistic, 13 out of 18, it's where we need to be!

Seven or eight out of 18, and you'd be nearer the mark. We're a mid-table team for a reason.

Seven or eight out of 18, and you'd be nearer the mark. We're a mid-table team for a reason.

Just a bit of fun.....I don't bet for a reason.....I'm useless.....but if we are to have any hope of a play off place, sort of results we need. We have a big squad, long season, and we all know it's an open league. Six big games that will shape our future perhaps?

We also have a game on Jan 1st, ironically away at Leeds which I reckon should be also in there. So in total, incl ysdays game, from Nov 30-Jan 1st we have 8 games in a period of 4 1/2 weeks, or just over a month. This is the time when seasons get defined. If I remember, in our promotion season we only went 6th after beating Burnley on Dec 17th and went on from there. (Im not trying to compare this side with the vibrant, attacking team we had then), but merely how quickly things can change :rover:

So we've won the first of 8, and (famous last words) we have some very winnable games both home and away!

I wouldn't even begin to attempt to predict our results. The Championship is such an unpredictable league, and as a midtable side you never know which Rovers are going to show up.

Totally agree - IMO this team (despite its flaws) is good enough on its day to beat anyone in this league. However - we are equally capable of getting beat by anyone.

If we can get our away defensive record as good as our recent home one - we will have a chance.

The way the season is going, i can see it being something like this..

Millwall h: 3 pts
Yeovil a: 0 pts
Brum h: 1 pts

Leeds a: 0 pts

Really hard to predict like others have said though, so who knows.

Given we've beaten some top teams at Ewood, but then not beaten some poor, out of form teams, you can never tell. We should've got points off Charlton, Huddersfield and possibly off an out of sorts Reading team but we didn't win any of those three. But we do beat at home Watford, Boro with new manager's bounce, and an in form Leeds team. So who knows what to expect?!?!

Away from home our form drastically has to improve if we're to do anything - and we've three very tough away games - Leeds, QPR and Ipswich. Given two of them are our next two games, two losses on the trot could put a lot of pressure on the team and GB. That'd make it only 1 win in 5 and with promotion or bust that could be a killer.

Expect us to get points away at Yeovil who're no great shakes and will need to go for it, and we should really win all of our home games this month. Really, there's no excuses not to, especially being so poor on the road. However we've dropped a number of points against weaker teams at home, so I expect at least 1 slip up.

So prediction: 10 (or possibly 11) points - 2 home wins, an away win to Yeovil and a hard fought point elsewhere. Not sure that'll be enough though.

Apart from Brighton i would say we had a marvelous november with three clean sheets, imagine what a win tonight and say a draw at QPR would do to moral and belief going in to three games at home and what should be an easy away at Yeovil.

Yeovil won at Watford 3-0 last time out. And Rovers don't do easy wins.

It's amazing how one victory breeds overconfidence.

Ipswich a: L

QPR a: L

Millwall h: D

Yeovil a: D

Sheffield W h: W

Brum h: D

6 points from 18 and a winter of discontent has begun again. Will Bowyer survive till spring?

Sounds about right, with one goal scored and five conceded.

Archived